Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2013, 10:32 AM   #1
PoppyGirl
The kiddies come for the autographs but the mummies come for the captain!

Split stay luggage transfer?

How is your luggage handled when you have a split stay? Will Disney transfer our luggage for us or do we need to do that? First resort is AoA and then Yacht club.
(POR) Jan 2007 (HoJo) June 2007 (CSR) Girlfriends Trip Jan 2008 (POP)/Wonder Cruise Mar 2009 (CSR) Mom/DS Trip June 2009 (DLH) Girlfriends' B-day Celebration Feb 2010 (DLH) DH B-day Celebration July 2010 (AKL) Christmas Miracle Trip December 2010 (Wyndham Bonnet Creek) Girls Only Mother Daughter February 2011 (POFQ) Mother Daughter February 2012 (AKL) Mother Daughter February 2013 (Grand Californian) Girls Days Out May 2013 (Yacht Club) Best Friends at Food & Wine October 2013 (Wilderness Lodge) Marvin & Abigail Mother Daughter January 2014

PoppyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 10:38 AM   #2
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Yes Disney will transfer your luggage for you. Just be aware that it won't show up to your new resort until around 3-4 in the afternoon. We usually call Bell Services at resort #1 and tell them we would like them to come get our luggage and transfer it to resort #2. We then go to a park for the day then head to resort #2 around 4 or 5. Check in to resort #2 and call Bell Services and ask them to bring up our luggage. We have found that we don't lose any park time doing it this way.

Some prefer to grab a taxi and transfer luggage themselves to resort #2. If the room isn't ready yet, Bell Services will hold the luggage. I have heard some say they don't like the feeling of being "homeless" for the day until the check into resort #2. It never bothered us.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-16-2013, 10:44 AM   #3
Kristibo42
DIS Veteran

They transferred my luggage on one of my stays. It was nice. I just left them in my in the room. Went to the park and by the time we got to the next resort luggage was already in the room.

Next trip July 2016 POP and AOA about 70 people
Dec. 2013 Pop Century to celebrate 25 anniversary Adults only
All Star Sports family trip 25 people Feb 2011
Pop Century September. 2009
Pop Century Adults only 20 year anniversary Dec 2008
Pop Century Big family trip 42 people July 2007
Contemporary and All Star Music Dec. 2006
All Star Music June 2005
Port Orleans- Riverside and Disney Wonder Nov. 2002
6th grade trip To Magic Kingdom had my first kiss on Tom Sawyers Island June 1977
Kristibo42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 11:43 AM   #4
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

I have transferred luggage many times. I hand off my bags by 7:30am each time. I have yet to have my luggage delivered to me before 5pm!!! Not once. I think that in the future, I will take a cab to the new resort, with my bags, and get checked in, early in the morning. Then, when my room is ready, my bags will at least be at the resort already!!!
Old 08-16-2013, 12:08 PM   #5
4Joyces
Type A and proud of it

We are planning to just take a cab from AoA to Poly with our luggage for our split stay. I want to have it there when our room is ready, and we were planning to cab it over to the Poly for our 'Ohana breakfast, anyway. No reason not to take our luggage with us.
Old 08-16-2013, 12:09 PM   #6
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.

They will transfer and it's expected that you tip at both ends since this is Bell Services handling your luggage.

After one transfer where one bag went missing and the amount of time that I had to waste waiting for them to determine if the bag ever left resort A, did it arrive at resort B or get dropped somewhere else, etc, I now just take a cab and move it myself while the rest of my family goes to the park. I just meet up with them after I have transferred and done the check in process.
Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 02:21 PM   #7
DevonsDisneyMom
DIS Veteran

They will!!! We just did a split say in June. Hearing how long it took something to receive your luggage, we opted to take a cab between AoA and AKV. It was well worth it!
Old 08-16-2013, 09:03 PM   #8
PoppyGirl
The kiddies come for the autographs but the mummies come for the captain!

Yes, our initial plan was to spend a little time walking around at AoA in the morning, get a cab to Yacht Club, check in and then head to MK by lunch time. Then I read somewhere that Disney would transfer our luggage so I thought I'd ask. (you know....ask the experts! )
(POR) Jan 2007 (HoJo) June 2007 (CSR) Girlfriends Trip Jan 2008 (POP)/Wonder Cruise Mar 2009 (CSR) Mom/DS Trip June 2009 (DLH) Girlfriends' B-day Celebration Feb 2010 (DLH) DH B-day Celebration July 2010 (AKL) Christmas Miracle Trip December 2010 (Wyndham Bonnet Creek) Girls Only Mother Daughter February 2011 (POFQ) Mother Daughter February 2012 (AKL) Mother Daughter February 2013 (Grand Californian) Girls Days Out May 2013 (Yacht Club) Best Friends at Food & Wine October 2013 (Wilderness Lodge) Marvin & Abigail Mother Daughter January 2014

PoppyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: