Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2013, 10:19 AM   #106
RedM94
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut520 View Post

i just spoke to a MDE cast member who is helping with the testing and said that the MB/FP+ only work until midnight of the check out day of the resorts included in the test. she said that you are even able to add FP+ for all days but they will not work I was thinking of adding an extra day at one of the test resorts too. I asked specifically about if they can be linked to the other reservation and she said that is not within the parameters at this time but might change.
I just checked and I can make FP+ selections through to when my AP expires in mid October.
RedM94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 10:22 AM   #107
hebbynan
Chase and Eli's Mom

Grrrr....we actually just switched from Poly to WL due to the mess with construction and now I find out the Poly will get MB?!?! Uh oh...my kids are going to be SO MAD at me!

WL February 2017 for DS high school band trip * WL 2013*ASMo 2011/2010/2006*FW 2007*SoG 2000*Off Site 1998
hebbynan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-16-2013, 10:23 AM   #108
BamaKit
Earning My Ears

We are staying at POR on 9/18 for one night, leaving for the Disney Cruise on 9/19 and returning for a stay at the Poly 9/22-9/25. I was able to make FP+ selections earlier this week, but had not been able to customize Magic Bands - until today. I read a tip to redo the online check-in, so I did that today and now have the option to customize Magic Bands for POR and Poly!!!
BamaKit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 10:27 AM   #109
peanut520
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedM94 View Post
I just checked and I can make FP+ selections through to when my AP expires in mid October.
she said you would be able to make the FP+ reservations but the band will not work if you are not checked in at a test resort. I didnt ask about AP MB. i booked an extra night any way and hope they change that parameter of the test. if not we got an expensive souvenir!
peanut520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 10:28 AM   #110
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

Ok so I just did what someone said to do... went into my online check in changed the time and then clicked on learn about magic bands... and when I did that I clicked on a link within that window and lo and behold... the I have 3 days to customize my bands popped up with a confirm my mailing address.... so I picked the colors and names all the FP + stuff was done yesterday... so they are ordered I am staying at BCV's 9/18-9/23.

~N

nannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 11:00 AM   #111
apainterxx44
Mouseketeer

Trick worked for me. Ordered my bands now just waiting for shipment confirmation!

Me 23 Roy 27

apainterxx44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 11:07 AM   #112
mbrou24
Theme Park Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannette View Post
Ok so I just did what someone said to do... went into my online check in changed the time and then clicked on learn about magic bands... and when I did that I clicked on a link within that window and lo and behold... the I have 3 days to customize my bands popped up with a confirm my mailing address.... so I picked the colors and names all the FP + stuff was done yesterday... so they are ordered I am staying at BCV's 9/18-9/23.

~N
How far out from ur trip do you need to be to do this?
mbrou24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 11:16 AM   #113
QueenBee15
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrou24 View Post
My parents aren't going until September 19 and after we did their online check in their magic bands popped up and said they had 4 days to customize. So if I was you as soon as you hit around 35 days I would do it!

I am at 21 days and mine just popped up last night and are ordered and in the process of shipping.
QueenBee15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 11:36 AM   #114
Princess Leia Fan
Earning My Ears

I'm sooooo excited and this is the only place to share because it's a surprise trip for the kids.

Just customized MBs for 9/12-9/15 POR stay thanks to info about online check-in. FP+ picks done but still trying to get BOG FP+.

I couldn't have gotten this crazy trip together with all the perks without DIS board friends. You guys are awesome.

- If you do the "FastPicks" for MK it sometimes gives a bonus FP so you have 4 and you can modify them to things and times you want after confirmation.
Princess Leia Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 11:42 AM   #115
MightyGitis
Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Leia Fan View Post
I'm sooooo excited and this is the only place to share because it's a surprise trip for the kids.

Just customized MBs for 9/12-9/15 POR stay thanks to info about online check-in. FP+ picks done but still trying to get BOG FP+.

I couldn't have gotten this crazy trip together with all the perks without DIS board friends. You guys are awesome.

- If you do the "FastPicks" for MK it sometimes gives a bonus FP so you have 4 and you can modify them to things and times you want after confirmation.
You can also pik three. Then when you go in to edit the bonus pass will pop up. I'm sure your kids will be very surprised and excited!!
Old 08-16-2013, 11:51 AM   #116
sperkins921
Why's the Rum always gone???

I have been able to do FP+ times for two days now, but didn't have a MB option (checking in at BCV 9/12) until I followed the pointers to re-check in online. Changed my check in/check out times and saved it and my MB customization option popped up.

We are doing a series of split stays but it looks like the Contemporary is on the list of approved resorts for the September stay, so we will be able to use the MB when we come back for a night stay at BLT before the Fantasy. Sad though because after the Fantasy we are at BWV and I didn't see them on the list....

You guys say it's all about the mouse, I say it's all about the toy spaceman
sperkins921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 11:55 AM   #117
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrou24 View Post
I honestly have no idea... I don't think theres a rhyme or reason for any of it! I just follow this thread and saw someone said make a change to online and I did and then I could do Magic Bands... I did set all the Fast Pass + stuff up yesterday thought.

Good Luck
~N

nannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 12:50 PM   #118
Wynnebee
Earning My Ears

Hooray!

I'm at 29 days. Yesterday I went on and saw the FP+ selections. Today after reading this board, I did the online check in, logged out, then back in and was able to order our bands. We are staying at Coronado Springs. I am so excited. It looks like they are rolling these out everywhere.
Old 08-16-2013, 12:59 PM   #119
MightyGitis
Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynnebee View Post
I'm at 29 days. Yesterday I went on and saw the FP+ selections. Today after reading this board, I did the online check in, logged out, then back in and was able to order our bands. We are staying at Coronado Springs. I am so excited. It looks like they are rolling these out everywhere.
Really? Coronado Springs wasn't on the list of September test resorts according to Disney. Hmmmmmmm
Old 08-16-2013, 01:22 PM   #120
DaddyMickey
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyGitis View Post

Have you checked in online? In the other tread about sept bands people are saying if you modify your online check in. And resave it the bands come right up. Worth a shot. Just change your arrival time. Can always be changed back.
Worked like a charm. Thanks. We are banded up!
DaddyMickey is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: