Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2013, 12:20 PM   #2551
gmi3804
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Diva Mom View Post
The key seems to be online check in. I didn't get a pop up but tried to check in and then my MBs were available.
Thanks - I just figured that out. I checked in, and was able to customize the bands.

Stupid Judy.
Old 08-16-2013, 12:39 PM   #2552
LolaMouse
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmi3804 View Post

Thanks - I just figured that out. I checked in, and was able to customize the bands.
So my ressie isn't until 10/10, so if I check in now, do you think that I will still be able to customize the MBs? And then at that point would I get whatever number I need to try and get a lunch ressie at BOG?? TIA!
Register to remove

Old 08-16-2013, 12:39 PM   #2553
bigmac5
DIS Veteran

I have to get off the DIS site. I have been on it everyday for the last 3 months or so.

I am happy for those who are able to make their fastpass+ selections and choose their magic bands. But I can't help feeling upset by missing the date by 1 day. I am getting too depressed, feeling that I have been left out. Hopefully I get over this funk soon and am able to talk to everyone here

Thank you Andre and venomhatch for all your help and expertise. You guys are amazing
Old 08-16-2013, 12:59 PM   #2554
webstah
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac5 View Post
I have to get off the DIS site. I have been on it everyday for the last 3 months or so.

I am happy for those who are able to make their fastpass+ selections and choose their magic bands. But I can't help feeling upset by missing the date by 1 day. I am getting too depressed, feeling that I have been left out. Hopefully I get over this funk soon and am able to talk to everyone here

Thank you Andre and venomhatch for all your help and expertise. You guys are amazing
You are going to be at Disney World staying at an amazing resort. Your KTTW card will do verything the magic band would do, so the only thing you might miss out on is scheduling fast passes in advance. You will still be able to get fast passes using your KTTW card, so you really aren't missing much.
Sept 2010 POR Sept 2011 POR Sept 2012 POR
Sept 2013 POR Nov 2013 POR Aug/Sept 2014 POR

Old 08-16-2013, 01:28 PM   #2555
JenLaf
Earning My Ears

For what it's worth, I modified my online check-in for my RO Sept. 28 reservation and then was able to customize Magic Bands. We are doing a split stay with RO on Sept. 28 and a package with FD beginning on Sept. 29. There is still no FP+ availability any of our days. (Sept. 28 will not be a park day for us.) Still wondering when that might be available.

May 2009 - POFQ

Old 08-16-2013, 01:31 PM   #2556
gmi3804
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenLaf View Post
For what it's worth, I modified my online check-in for my RO Sept. 28 reservation and then was able to customize Magic Bands. We are doing a split stay with RO on Sept. 28 and a package with FD beginning on Sept. 29. There is still no FP+ availability any of our days. (Sept. 28 will not be a park day for us.) Still wondering when that might be available.
No one knows at this point, but I presume that it will be "enabled" soon.

I'm in the same boat. Hang in there. It'll happen.

Stupid Judy.
Old 08-16-2013, 01:36 PM   #2557
tinacabe
Earning My Ears

Hello All,

We have setup our fastpass+ and magicbands and my husband and I were wondering if since the magicbands get mailed to us and they are our park tickets can we just go from the airport to Hollywood studios and use it without first going to the resort?

Thanks for all the great information!!

Tina
Old 08-16-2013, 02:16 PM   #2558
Bicfam
Earning My Ears

Friends,

Sorry if I ask a previous answered question.
We check in to POR on 9-10. I updated our My Magic Experience site and see our reservations. But I can't see where to order customized bands.
I called and a cast member said I will get an email if we are in the magic band test. I'm confused!!!
I can even select FP + on the magic experience site. But no customizing bands.

Are we not in the magic band test? What am I doing wrong if I should be able to order them? Help : ). Thanks
POR - Jan. '07
POR - Jan. '06
POR - April '02
Old 08-16-2013, 02:27 PM   #2559
aroundtheriverbend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bicfam View Post
Friends,

Sorry if I ask a previous answered question.
We check in to POR on 9-10. I updated our My Magic Experience site and see our reservations. But I can't see where to order customized bands.
I called and a cast member said I will get an email if we are in the magic band test. I'm confused!!!
I can even select FP + on the magic experience site. But no customizing bands.

Are we not in the magic band test? What am I doing wrong if I should be able to order them? Help : ). Thanks
As far as I've read, you need to do online check in first, did you do that? Then sign out and sign back in. Hope that helps.

Me DH DS10 DD8
Old 08-16-2013, 02:31 PM   #2560
awalker1015
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISSYLEXI View Post

When are you arriving?

I am very confused. I don't check in until Oct 18th. When should I be able to customize my magic bands? I see on my reservation,on computer not MDE, that I have tickets, but it doesn't allow me to do anything? Also our reservations are linked with another couple. But there daughter shows up on my ticket list. Do I need to create hers?

Told you I was confused. Sorry. But any help would be great!!
This... Having the exact same issue with a 10/12 arrival date.
Old 08-16-2013, 02:32 PM   #2561
disneymania0711
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMomTo2 View Post
Hooray! I was able to switch our free dining reservation from CSR to POR this morning! We are now in a Pool View RR from Nov 19-28. I would really like to switch to a standard RR, so I'm going to keep checking, but I was so shocked to see a RR open for my dates, I was willing to pay the extra for the pool view. This reduces my FD savings, but my DD is going to be thrilled! This will be our first visit to POR, so I am excited, too.

Question: Where should I expect to be with a pool view? I'd really like to be as close to the main building and main pool as possible, but not sure where a pool view booking category will have me.
O was able to do this last week!!! We switched from CBR to POR in a pool view RR. I only checked for the heck of it, but when I saw it available I was ecstatic!! I immediately called and booked that room!! We have FD as well and I only had to pay 187.00 extra to move to POR RR. So excited!!!
2015 - In Planning Mode!!!

"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse." - Walt Disney

Old 08-16-2013, 02:38 PM   #2562
merentha
Mouseketeer

Random Question. What the normal delivery time for "Mickey Mail". We were paid in full in earlyJuly and we check in to POR Sept 19th so we are just out side 30 days. Just wondering as it seems most people get it like 40+ days.

Not really concerned yet, just wondering.

Pretty excited that it looks like we get Magic Bands at some point
Old 08-16-2013, 02:40 PM   #2563
Bicfam
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroundtheriverbend View Post

As far as I've read, you need to do online check in first, did you do that? Then sign out and sign back in. Hope that helps.
I don't see on the MME app how to do online check in. I am so lame. : )

I prefer checking in at the resort. But to get customized bands I will but don't see how on the MME app.?

Thank You for your help.
POR - Jan. '07
POR - Jan. '06
POR - April '02
Old 08-16-2013, 02:44 PM   #2564
stef12280
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISSYLEXI View Post
When are you arriving?

I am very confused. I don't check in until Oct 18th. When should I be able to customize my magic bands? I see on my reservation,on computer not MDE, that I have tickets, but it doesn't allow me to do anything? Also our reservations are linked with another couple. But there daughter shows up on my ticket list. Do I need to create hers?

Told you I was confused. Sorry. But any help would be great!!
Call tech support they can acces your profile and fix it. The number was in my orginal post 407-939-7765

they are extremely helpful and explain everything
Old 08-16-2013, 02:45 PM   #2565
JenLaf
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmi3804 View Post
No one knows at this point, but I presume that it will be "enabled" soon.

I'm in the same boat. Hang in there. It'll happen.

Thanks! I feel like its coming - so I'm not worried... But, I hope it happens soon so I can stop checking MDE and the DIS every 15 minutes! It's a compulsion!

May 2009 - POFQ

Closed Thread

Tags
faq, por, port orleans, riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: