Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2013, 07:15 AM   #106
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2AidanAndEli View Post
Guess I was going by the example in the first post which seemed to give a lot of details. Is that not the best way to do it?
Personally I think you're fine to be honest. A little bit of chat is OK, and you've only written three relatively short and sensible paragraphs. You should see some of the messages they get! (not to mention Magic Kingdom views, Toy Story building rooms, you name it!). You might just want to bold the most important sentence, "However, if at all possible, wed like to request a room with a working refrigerator" to highlight it. If you do want to trim anything, the Garden View bit is kinda irrelevant as that will already be in the system.

Otherwise, make sure you include your reservation number and full name / contact details in the header, in case they need to get in touch.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
andrewilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 08:09 AM   #107
scard192
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Personally I think you're fine to be honest. A little bit of chat is OK, and you've only written three relatively short and sensible paragraphs. You should see some of the messages they get! (not to mention Magic Kingdom views, Toy Story building rooms, you name it!). You might just want to bold the most important sentence, "However, if at all possible, wed like to request a room with a working refrigerator" to highlight it. If you do want to trim anything, the Garden View bit is kinda irrelevant as that will already be in the system.

Otherwise, make sure you include your reservation number and full name / contact details in the header, in case they need to get in touch.

Andre
I asked earlier, but you are clearly the PO expert. If one has specific room requests do you recommend using on line check in?

Thank you so much for all you do here on the DIS and PO webpage; the information is so wonderful.
Register to remove

Old 08-16-2013, 08:57 AM   #108
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by scard192 View Post
I asked earlier, but you are clearly the PO expert. If one has specific room requests do you recommend using on line check in?

Thank you so much for all you do here on the DIS and PO webpage; the information is so wonderful.
Sorry must have missed it, you know working at WDW can be quite busy. To answer your question yes I recommend using that and make sure your fax doesn't counter what you want.
Venomhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 11:43 AM   #109
scard192
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
Sorry must have missed it, you know working at WDW can be quite busy. To answer your question yes I recommend using that and make sure your fax doesn't counter what you want.
Thank you. I had posted on another thread. Called last weekend to make sure all the requests were in the system correctly.
Old 08-16-2013, 06:02 PM   #110
mom2AidanAndEli
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post

Andre
Thank you so much for the feedback! Yes, I included all the pertinent info in the letter--just didn't cut and paste it here. And, funny, I did bold that same sentence in my Word doc, just didn't translate over here!

And thanks to everyone for the help here!!!!!

POP-2007, ASMo-2010, ASSp-2011, POFQ-2013, POFQ-August 2014!!!!
mom2AidanAndEli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 06:25 PM   #111
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by scard192 View Post
Yes, but do online checkin BEFORE you send any faxes. Send your fax around 3-5 days out.

Andre

Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 08-26-2013, 10:18 AM   #112
alomba11
Earning My Ears

I just sent in my fax request for my first visit to POR thanks Venomhatch and Andre without you two I wouldn't know anything about riverside!
alomba11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:30 AM   #113
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by alomba11 View Post
I just sent in my fax request for my first visit to POR thanks Venomhatch and Andre without you two I wouldn't know anything about riverside!
Good luck and your very welcome!
Old 08-27-2013, 04:46 PM   #114
4bananas
Earning My Ears

Hello,

I have read through this thread and checked out Andre's website several times. What great information! My husband and I are heading to POR for our Disneymoon in just shy of 3 weeks. I've customized and recieved our MagicBands, and set up a bunch of FastPass+ (including one for a lunch at BOG!)

We reserved a "Riverside-Garden View" room (this is what it says on the page when I check My Reservations) I thought River View/Garden View were two separate price brackets.

Due to the limited numbers of King Bed's at POR, it wasn't available when we made our reservation, but is it still worth stating when I fax in a room request in case there is one available? I think we would like a room in Magnolia Bend area, in either the Magnolia or Arcadia buildings. Is that too specific? I think we'd rather have a Double Queen room in Magnolia Bend than a King Bed in Alligator Bayou, so how would I word that courteously and clearly for the Disney CMs?

Are you including fridge requests on room requests, too? Or would it be better to call about that?

And one last question, for breakfast reservations, which bus depot should we be waiting at? We have 8:30ish reservations at Boma and Kona Cafe. We also booked a 9:00am Keys to the Kingdom Tour. I'd hate to wait at the wrong bus station- or does it not matter?

Big thank you ahead of time!

Sept '13 - POR (Disneymoon)
4bananas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:52 PM   #115
disneychic2
DIS Veteran

deleted
Old 08-28-2013, 01:45 AM   #116
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4bananas View Post
We reserved a "Riverside-Garden View" room (this is what it says on the page when I check My Reservations) I thought River View/Garden View were two separate price brackets.

Due to the limited numbers of King Bed's at POR, it wasn't available when we made our reservation, but is it still worth stating when I fax in a room request in case there is one available

Are you including fridge requests on room requests, too? Or would it be better to call about that?

And one last question, for breakfast reservations, which bus depot should we be waiting at? We have 8:30ish reservations at Boma and Kona Cafe. We also booked a 9:00am Keys to the Kingdom Tour. I'd hate to wait at the wrong bus station- or does it not matter?
Your booking is for a Garden View room at the Port Orleans Riverside Resort, it is not for a River View room.

You can request a King Bed if you wish (letting them know it is your honeymoon and that the King category was not available when you made the booking) but do remember that this is technically an upgrade so it may not be possible. I would suggest that you let them know you are very happy to pay the difference (although it is unlikely they will actually charge you, but it looks better that way). Don't send your fax any earlier than 5 days out as "pixie dust" category changes are not permitted before that point.

I would simply ask for a "mansion building" room first (which would mean Acadian or Magnolia) and then discuss the King Bed request.

Mention your request for a fridge in your fax, but be honest about why you want it rather than inventing a medical condition if one does not exist (and yes, I believe some people have actually been doing that).

Buses-wise, the South Depot is probably best for most parks, although for the Magic Kingdom the buses do tend to pick up from the outer circle first and then the South Depot. Allow about 90 minutes to be safe for getting to another resort (changing at a park) and about an hour for getting direct to parks (it will most likely be quicker, but you obviously don't want to be late).

Have a great time, and enjoy your Disneymoon together.

Andre

Last edited by andrewilley; 08-29-2013 at 01:40 PM.
Old 08-28-2013, 01:33 PM   #117
4bananas
Earning My Ears

This is what happens when I write posts when I should be sleeping!~

Thank you so much for your answers, Andre! Yes, of course, I'd be more than happy to pay a difference if a King was available. I am lactose-intolerant, so I like to keep non-diary milk in the room for me, but I would rather the fridge go to someone who truly needs it for medications.

Thank you again

Sept '13 - POR (Disneymoon)
4bananas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 01:12 PM   #118
bigmac5
DIS Veteran

4 days until POR. On-line checkin -done. Fax sent-done. Packing-almost done. I am so excited and hope to have some great pics to share.

Thank you Andre and Venomhatch and all the DISers for all your help
Old 09-01-2013, 05:02 PM   #119
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

I wanted to take a moment to stop by and thank Venomhatch for all of his help with the room faxing template and suggestions... I used the template and faxed it 4 days before our trip, I did not receive an email or phone call saying the fax was received... But I did get my room request upon check in.

I had asked for a room close to/with the same view as the room we had last year - and to my utter shock and excitement, I was given the exact same room we had. I know the odds of that happening are very slim - and many things had to align for that bit of Pixie Dust - but it was WONDERFUL!

So, thank you again Venomhatch for your amazing template and sharing it with us!

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 08:02 PM   #120
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
I wanted to take a moment to stop by and thank Venomhatch for all of his help with the room faxing template and suggestions... I used the template and faxed it 4 days before our trip, I did not receive an email or phone call saying the fax was received... But I did get my room request upon check in.

I had asked for a room close to/with the same view as the room we had last year - and to my utter shock and excitement, I was given the exact same room we had. I know the odds of that happening are very slim - and many things had to align for that bit of Pixie Dust - but it was WONDERFUL!

So, thank you again Venomhatch for your amazing template and sharing it with us!

D~
Your very welcome! I am sorry I haven't been on sooner. I had some pressing family matters to address. So I do hope your trip has been as magical as possible!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: