Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2013, 08:19 PM   #91
MightyGitis
Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilcoconut2906 View Post
Dangit I am ariving in 35 days to wilderness lodge
20 Days till I arrive at WL. So I feel your pain.
Old 08-15-2013, 08:44 PM   #92
DisneyDunce
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyGitis View Post
We spoke to a CM today who actually listed what hotels were being tested for September. They are as follows:
Pop Century
Animal Kingdom Lodge (Jambo only)
Yacht Club
Beach Club
Art of Animation
Polynesian
Contemporary
Port Orleans Riverside

She said she literally just got the list today and when asked if more hotels would come online in September she did not sound hopeful.

So I guess that is that.
Are these only for resort stays or DVC also?
DisneyDunce is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-15-2013, 08:49 PM   #93
runnerchick
Earning My Ears

Arriving at por on sept 7th - I was just able to customize magic bands for my fam - 2 pink and 2blue - so exciting!!!
Contemporary - Sept 2008
Grand Floridian - Sept 2007
runnerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 09:00 PM   #94
cath1979
Earning My Ears

Had a reservation for all stars movies sept 7 to 14.. no fast pass + and no MB so guest what.. I wanted the MB and fast pass + so bad that I just call Disney and change my reservation for pop instead of all star.. I was ready to pay a fee for changing reservation because the trip is only in 23 days.. The guy I spoke too was so great and I was able to change the reservation at no extra cost .. making the happy dance!!!!! I just customize my MB and made my fast pass reservation..

By the way i'M Canadian so tell me that I wont receive it by mail and that the bands will be at the resorts.. 2 pink, one red and one green. He also confirm me that they wil give us a key to the world card also so we will be able to make regular fast pass also.. It'S gonna be a WONDERFUL trip.. I'm a so happy mother right now!!!
cath1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 09:04 PM   #95
gilby
DIS Veteran

I just talked to 2 cm's and they said you will receive an email if you are selected to test the magic bands within the 17 day window.
2008 Pop-Century
2010 Pop-century
2011 Pop-Century
2012 POR
2013 POR
2014 pop century
2014 Pop century
gilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 09:10 PM   #96
runnerchick
Earning My Ears

Hi-just wanted to note I did not rec an email about magic bands...just had a link on mde to customize our magic bands. Wish mb were available at all Disney resorts...
Contemporary - Sept 2008
Grand Floridian - Sept 2007
runnerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 10:44 PM   #97
BabyMine2
Earning My Ears

Magic Bands for Oct

So with the added resorts for Sept. I am wondering what are the chances of either a full roll out by Oct. or the All Stars being included in the testing? I would love to try MB out and we are staying at AsMu Oct 19th-25th
BabyMine2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 10:59 PM   #98
gamecock
Earning My Ears

we are staying WL 9/20 - 9/27 with free dinning. we are arriving in orlando on 9/19 in the evening and were going to be staying offsite. however, tonight i booked a 1 night RO for POP for 9/19 and I am now able to book FP+ for our entire stay and i was able to select / customize MB.
gamecock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 06:01 AM   #99
utkscvol1
DIS Veteran

Wondering if the September test is for guests arriving after September 7 or those checking in the last of august and stayin the first full week of september
Old 08-16-2013, 08:03 AM   #100
DaddyMickey
Earning My Ears

Staying at Pop 9/24-10-/1. FastPass+ 9/24-9/28. No bands yet though, anyone else have that problem?
DaddyMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 08:49 AM   #101
MightyGitis
Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyMickey View Post
Staying at Pop 9/24-10-/1. FastPass+ 9/24-9/28. No bands yet though, anyone else have that problem?
Have you checked in online? In the other tread about sept bands people are saying if you modify your online check in. And resave it the bands come right up. Worth a shot. Just change your arrival time. Can always be changed back.
Old 08-16-2013, 08:59 AM   #102
QueenBee15
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by cath1979 View Post
Had a reservation for all stars movies sept 7 to 14.. no fast pass + and no MB so guest what.. I wanted the MB and fast pass + so bad that I just call Disney and change my reservation for pop instead of all star.. I was ready to pay a fee for changing reservation because the trip is only in 23 days.. The guy I spoke too was so great and I was able to change the reservation at no extra cost .. making the happy dance!!!!! I just customize my MB and made my fast pass reservation..

By the way i'M Canadian so tell me that I wont receive it by mail and that the bands will be at the resorts.. 2 pink, one red and one green. He also confirm me that they wil give us a key to the world card also so we will be able to make regular fast pass also.. It'S gonna be a WONDERFUL trip.. I'm a so happy mother right now!!!
We did the exact same thing! We were at ASMovies Sept.7-12 and decided I wanted magic bands and fast pass+ so last night I changed resorts to Pop Century!!!! Our MagicBands are customized and getting ready to ship! Fast Pass+ options are chosen! I am so ready!!! 21 days till we leave!!!
QueenBee15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 09:03 AM   #103
Christine9125
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyGitis View Post
Have you checked in online? In the other tread about sept bands people are saying if you modify your online check in. And resave it the bands come right up. Worth a shot. Just change your arrival time. Can always be changed back.
This worked

1999-ASMo, 2002-ASMo, 2004-WL, 2008-POP, 2011-BC CL, 2013-POP, 2015-AOA
Christine9125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 10:08 AM   #104
peanut520
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecock View Post
we are staying WL 9/20 - 9/27 with free dinning. we are arriving in orlando on 9/19 in the evening and were going to be staying offsite. however, tonight i booked a 1 night RO for POP for 9/19 and I am now able to book FP+ for our entire stay and i was able to select / customize MB.
i just spoke to a MDE cast member who is helping with the testing and said that the MB/FP+ only work until midnight of the check out day of the resorts included in the test. she said that you are even able to add FP+ for all days but they will not work I was thinking of adding an extra day at one of the test resorts too. I asked specifically about if they can be linked to the other reservation and she said that is not within the parameters at this time but might change.
peanut520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 10:15 AM   #105
RedM94
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut520 View Post

i just spoke to a MDE cast member who is helping with the testing and said that the MB/FP+ only work until midnight of the check out day of the resorts included in the test. she said that you are even able to add FP+ for all days but they will not work I was thinking of adding an extra day at one of the test resorts too. I asked specifically about if they can be linked to the other reservation and she said that is not within the parameters at this time but might change.
Wow, this is totally contrary to what I have been told. I can even make FP+ selections for days after we check out. Maybe because I have an AP?
RedM94 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: