Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2013, 07:21 AM   #1201
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMomTo2 View Post
Woohoo! Got POR RR this morning!!!! Everyone keep trying!!!! We are going Nov. 19-28. I was resigned to not getting it, but we did!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy4 View Post
OMG! Finally got POR for more nights! We are at 9 nights now (wanted 10) and I am happy staying with this just to not have to deal with the stress of trying to find this on a daily basis! Funny thing is, I had to be transferred to guest services because they couldn't find it when I called in. Anyway, just had to share the joy!
Congrats!!! Happy you got what you wanted! Persistence pays off again!

Old 08-16-2013, 08:13 AM   #1202
scard192
DIS Veteran

Looking for suggestions for a website on how best go get around using Disney transportation. Such as how to get from AK to EPCOT and such.

Thanks
Register to remove

Old 08-16-2013, 08:16 AM   #1203
KathieSmallwood
Mouseketeer

kathies

Quote:
Originally Posted by keekfemom View Post
I wish he would call me too! I sent an email and got a big fat NO!
Keep replying. I asked them to reconsider and for some magic.
Old 08-16-2013, 08:18 AM   #1204
KathieSmallwood
Mouseketeer

kathies

Quote:
Originally Posted by wreck99 View Post
Are you a DVC member?
No. Not a DVC member.
Old 08-16-2013, 08:24 AM   #1205
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scard192 View Post
Looking for suggestions for a website on how best go get around using Disney transportation. Such as how to get from AK to EPCOT and such.

Thanks
There is a direct bus from AK to EPCOT. All parks have a direct bus, but for travel to and from MK, you must go to the TTC. They are building more bus stops at MK to eliminate the need to go to the TTC, but I dont know when those will be done. Robo has a good transportation post. You might try an advanced search to find it.

ETA: Here it is...

http://www.htp.disboards.com/showpos...8&postcount=20

Last edited by smitch425; 08-16-2013 at 12:56 PM.
Old 08-16-2013, 08:33 AM   #1206
jessicamouse
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the heads up!!! I was able to get a FD at a standard POR room today for 11/16-11/24!!! That was what I was trying to get on 8/1 when I woke up early and sat on hold for 2 hours . I had given up looking!!

Old 08-16-2013, 08:50 AM   #1207
CaraMiaBelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicamouse View Post
Thanks for the heads up!!! I was able to get a FD at a standard POR room today for 11/16-11/24!!! That was what I was trying to get on 8/1 when I woke up early and sat on hold for 2 hours . I had given up looking!!
Yay! So exciting! Persistence finally paid off for you. Maybe I'll see you there, my dates are 11/15-11/23!

Very anxiously awaiting our next Disney vacation, which could be either March, April, or May 2016, Oct or Nov 2015, or this spring, if I have my way.
Sigh.

April '88 with high school marching band Tokyo DL!
May '99 with sister's family, DW Dixie Landings (POR-R)
May '00 with work DW Beach Club
May '01 with work DL Grand Californian
May '02 with work DW Boardwalk
May '03 with work DW Yacht Club
May '04 with work DW Beach Club

Nov '13 first family Disney vacation! DW POR-R/AoA Cars
Old 08-16-2013, 08:54 AM   #1208
hippsmom
Mouseketeer

I could switch from a POR RGR to a GV and save another $400 but proximity to the main building is important (although don't know how good our RGR standard location will be)...still trying for a preferred room. There are 3 of so I would guess we will be in the mansion section. With location being more important than view I don't know what to do!
Old 08-16-2013, 08:54 AM   #1209
TheBigHouse
Earning My Ears

Today Disney effectively used the FD carrot to wrestle even more money from me! Originally we had a preferred room at POR for 5 people (way before any FD announcement, didn't think thanksgiving would be included). A POR room for 5 with FD wasn't available for our dates on 8/1, our #2 choice (AoA) was not on the list, my #3 choice (Poly) was unavailable - but we decided to "splurge" and go with the Contemporary (Garden Wing) with FD for only $7 more than our original POR stay with no FD. After endlessly checking both the Poly and POR for availability, today a standard Poly room with FD finally became available, so I switched to that. It was another $150 or so, but the kids really wanted AoA or Poly if we weren't going to keep our POR reservation.

They'll be happy, but I'm still going to secretly keep scoping out POR, hoping a room for 5 becomes available.
Old 08-16-2013, 09:08 AM   #1210
momofkids
Mouseketeer

I just wanted to announce to people who understand....I just booked our flights. We will be at CBR 11/23 to 12/3 with Free Dining. It has been a roller coaster ride waiting for FD and then trying to find reasonable flights. I can't believe I found them on a Friday which is not usually a good day to book flights. It is finally real now that the flights are purchased. Wooo Hooooo! Going to Disney!
Old 08-16-2013, 09:38 AM   #1211
prettypatchesmsu
DIS Veteran

So excited for everyone who is finally getting their FD or Room discount at their wanted resorts! It was so sad seeing people not able to get their choice resort when the discounts went active that Thursday, so I'm so happy for everyone! Persistence pays off

2013 October 19th-31st - Pop Century / DH & Me for 18th Anniversary Dream Trip
2011 October - Pop Century / Mom, Me, & DH
2008 June - All Star Movies / Mom, Me, & DH
1992 June - Caribbean Beach Resort / Mom & Me
Old 08-16-2013, 09:40 AM   #1212
prettypatchesmsu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofkids View Post
I just wanted to announce to people who understand....I just booked our flights. We will be at CBR 11/23 to 12/3 with Free Dining. It has been a roller coaster ride waiting for FD and then trying to find reasonable flights. I can't believe I found them on a Friday which is not usually a good day to book flights. It is finally real now that the flights are purchased. Wooo Hooooo! Going to Disney!
Woohoo! Yep, you are going to Disney!!!

2013 October 19th-31st - Pop Century / DH & Me for 18th Anniversary Dream Trip
2011 October - Pop Century / Mom, Me, & DH
2008 June - All Star Movies / Mom, Me, & DH
1992 June - Caribbean Beach Resort / Mom & Me
Old 08-16-2013, 10:25 AM   #1213
ALD85
DIS Veteran

Ugh! Day six and still no response! Looks like ill have to re-email tomorrow. Or call the number they left on the auto response email. Frustrating.
Old 08-16-2013, 10:48 AM   #1214
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy4 View Post
OMG! Finally got POR for more nights! We are at 9 nights now (wanted 10) and I am happy staying with this just to not have to deal with the stress of trying to find this on a daily basis! Funny thing is, I had to be transferred to guest services because they couldn't find it when I called in. Anyway, just had to share the joy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMomTo2 View Post
Woohoo! Got POR RR this morning!!!! Everyone keep trying!!!! We are going Nov. 19-28. I was resigned to not getting it, but we did!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicamouse View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigHouse View Post
Today Disney effectively used the FD carrot to wrestle even more money from me! Originally we had a preferred room at POR for 5 people (way before any FD announcement, didn't think thanksgiving would be included). A POR room for 5 with FD wasn't available for our dates on 8/1, our #2 choice (AoA) was not on the list, my #3 choice (Poly) was unavailable - but we decided to "splurge" and go with the Contemporary (Garden Wing) with FD for only $7 more than our original POR stay with no FD. After endlessly checking both the Poly and POR for availability, today a standard Poly room with FD finally became available, so I switched to that. It was another $150 or so, but the kids really wanted AoA or Poly if we weren't going to keep our POR reservation.

They'll be happy, but I'm still going to secretly keep scoping out POR, hoping a room for 5 becomes available.
Quote:
Originally Posted by momofkids View Post

Such exciting news from everyone!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALD85 View Post
Ugh! Day six and still no response! Looks like ill have to re-email tomorrow. Or call the number they left on the auto response email. Frustrating.
ALD, that is so frustrating!! I think I would call if you don't hear anything by tomorrow.
Old 08-16-2013, 10:54 AM   #1215
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

Hey guys. I'll be on and off the boards for the next few days, as I attend a Travel & Tourism Conference in Richmond.

I take it y'all can manage things just fine?
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: