Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2013, 03:57 PM   #16
buzznina
DIS Veteran

Location: The White Sugar Beaches of the Florida Panhandle, Destin area. 7 hours away from the Magic Place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe of ohio View Post
It's easy, no parking at resorts unless you are staying there or have a bonafide restaurant reservation.. No pretend look see and sneak... It's what I have a parking pass on my car for..
Here is an issue with that, we like to resort hop when we are there to look around especially during the holidays, maybe grab lunch or a snack (no reservation). Your way would mean we would not be able to do this and I would not be a happy camper

DW DH DD(10) DD(5)

AKL-SV(2), POLY, GF(CL), CR, POFQ(4), POR(6)(RGR(2)), CSR(10), CBR, FW CABINS, BW, POP(3), ASMU(2), ASSP, ASMO and DLH
buzznina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 06:48 PM   #17
LoriZH
The GooGoo Dolls rock!!!!
No longer feuding with the McCoys!

Smile

"I read the OP's situation as being on the "resort" line and hearing people boasting about cheating the system...and there is no "official" rule that states only resort guests can use it. That being said, if rooms on the resort line can start with a rack rate of $500+, marketed because of the convenience of the monorail, yet the resort guests can't get on because of guests parked at TTC, that's a tough pill to swallow."

Yes this is what I was referring to. I'm not suggesting that Disney Resort Guests not be allowed to use the Monorail that goes to the Resorts or that Guests who are going to one of the Resorts that have reservations for breakfast/lunch/dinner/shopping not allowed either. I'm soley speaking of those who are using it simply to skip the express from TTC to MK only and then sit there and laugh and literally say "this is cheating but oh well!" and then some poor child in a wheelchair at the Poly or an elderly couple at the GF has to take another monorail or stand because these 5 young kids are taking up an entire seat and laughing about it, not cool Not trying to make a big deal over this, but it's an easy fix with the magic bands and cards, they can put a stand at the MK station only and don't let them off or on without a resort card, voila, done! I know it's hard, but so many people ruin it for those who don't break the rules. Enough about that My vacation was too fabulous to worry about it now! lol

Anyway, thanks for the feedback all. To those who are planning on visiting this resort, please do so, it's really worth it and the blips regarding the transportation aren't worth skipping this magnificent resort! I didn't want to keep complaining that's why I let the cobwebs go lol. I had to go to concierge each morning to do our fastpasses and they were just so nice, really, they went above and beyond! I missed it the moment we left there. I'm starting to rethink that whole "I may not visit again for a while" thing lol Sort of poking around haha...shhh don't tell the hubby!

Been booed by Daninalismama, Thank you!
LoriZH is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: