Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2013, 04:53 PM   #751
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjhanksaz View Post
So about how many days before the trip is everyone finding out whether or not they are lucky enough to get the Magic Bands?

Want to not be looking ever day when I am 45 days out but may not hear untill just a few days before....
I was around 30 days. No email. No UPS invite. I just logged onto MDE and was prompted. Magic Bands arrived about 4 days later.
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Old 08-15-2013, 05:08 PM   #752
rosiep
I don't drink, I try to convert people to nudism!
while it was a beautiful experience it was a slurge
I'm one of those people who need coffee just so I can make coffee

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjhanksaz View Post
So about how many days before the trip is everyone finding out whether or not they are lucky enough to get the Magic Bands?

Want to not be looking ever day when I am 45 days out but may not hear untill just a few days before....
Me too...but it's so hard not to isn't it?
Register to remove

Old 08-15-2013, 05:10 PM   #753
Chela227
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiorox

10 and 8.
Oh, those will probably be too small for them. How about good old fashioned sleeping bags?
Old 08-15-2013, 06:25 PM   #754
aquarius77
Earning My Ears

Hi everyone, just need some advice on choosing a Pop Century room from those who have been there!

This is our first trip and we are a family of 8 (2 adults and 6 kids between the ages of 1 to 15). We have booked 2 connecting preferred rooms for now but I am wondering if I should change it to standard since the general consensus is that it's not worth paying the extra fee for a preferred room since even the standard rooms are close to the main hall, pools, etc.

So for a family with 2 adults and 6 kids and a husband that has a slight mobility issue, is the preferred worth it?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Old 08-15-2013, 06:33 PM   #755
angelmom27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2009CAN

I sure hope so! I really wanted things like ETWB, meeting the princesses, Aladdin carpets, disney jr live, B&B live, voyage of little mermaid, finding Nemo ride.

NONE of those were offierd. I had expedition everest, kali river, star wars thing, RNR, ToT, Soarin, Test Track, Maelstrom,
It might be the day too. I was able to do the princess meet and greet at MK. I also did disney jr live, the little mermaid show, great movie ride, and that cars stunt show at DHS. Some have said they see certain ones and then they get another set the next time they check.
Old 08-15-2013, 06:39 PM   #756
GastonTheGreat
Earning My Ears

Anyone know if Rapid Fill mugs are currently being used at Pop Century?

I am staying August 25th-29th and was hoping to get away with using an old mug this trip.
Old 08-15-2013, 06:50 PM   #757
dkdkdunaways
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by momz View Post
we are staying at POP in late October. We will have our car. I am wondering if it is easier to take the bus to the parks, or to drive our own car. If you had the option, what would you do, and why?
We prefer the buses, hands down. You can come and go as you please, no worries about traffic. Our trip in December 2011, on our way back to the resort after park closing, there was a wreck and traffic was backed up for a long way. The bus driver knew another route. had we driven, we would've been stuck in the mess. When we park our car after arrival, we don't get back in it until time to go home. You can get anywhere in Disney on their transportation and its cost AND worry free.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 08-15-2013, 10:26 PM   #758
Tinker_Belle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GastonTheGreat View Post

I am staying August 25th-29th and was hoping to get away with using an old mug this trip.
They are not using the RFID mugs yet, but they are all set up for it, according to one CM I spoke with.
Old 08-15-2013, 11:12 PM   #759
DonoMoose
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquarius77 View Post
Hi everyone, just need some advice on choosing a Pop Century room from those who have been there!

This is our first trip and we are a family of 8 (2 adults and 6 kids between the ages of 1 to 15). We have booked 2 connecting preferred rooms for now but I am wondering if I should change it to standard since the general consensus is that it's not worth paying the extra fee for a preferred room since even the standard rooms are close to the main hall, pools, etc.

So for a family with 2 adults and 6 kids and a husband that has a slight mobility issue, is the preferred worth it?

Hi, I always request a room as close to the Food Court as possible, this way your close to everything. I have never had a problem

9/13(POP) 3/13(AKL) 3/09(Pop) 3/07 (ASM)
9/06(Pop) 04(OP)

ME DH DS11 DS2 DD8
Old 08-15-2013, 11:27 PM   #760
crystaltink
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Hi! I've stayed at Pop many times & booked preferred once. I just don't think preferred is worth the extra money. I always ask for top floor, 50's or 70's section. It gives the person who assigns the rooms room to wiggle. However, since this is your first stay you may want to give preferred a try especially if your family likes to swim. Just be aware, if you do have pool view for your preferred choice it can be noisy. Ive seen folks swimming at 2 am. Also, if by chance anyone in the family is a light sleeper bring a fan or white noise machine. I always travel with mine just to cut out any noise.
I hope your trip is fabulous!!
Old 08-16-2013, 12:24 AM   #761
mla1977
I dream of living in Bay Lake Tower for the rest of my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GastonTheGreat View Post

I heard a rumor that they will be starting in about a week.
Old 08-16-2013, 12:59 AM   #762
aquarius77
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonoMoose View Post

Hi, I always request a room as close to the Food Court as possible, this way your close to everything. I have never had a problem
Is the food court located right in the middle of Classic Hall or is it closer to the 50s section or the 70s section?
Old 08-16-2013, 02:29 AM   #763
Simba77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Is the food court located right in the middle of Classic Hall or is it closer to the 50s section or the 70s section?
It's basically in the middle - you can't really enter the food court other than from pretty much in the center of Classic Hall, so I don't know if there's a distinct advantage of 70s vs. 50s, outside of building 2 of the 50s section which is the farthest away.
Old 08-16-2013, 07:49 AM   #764
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiorox View Post
Hey Gang! Heading back to POP in Septemeber. Best friend, her kids and I. Neither of us can sleep with the kids and the idea of duct taping them to the bed was not received well. So we need a solution...Can a Queen airmatress fit somewheres? If not, I'm thinking of just buying a twin.
A queen mattress will not fit, and a twin is doable, but tight. Can they not sleep together? My kids are 8 and 10, and they share a bed easily.
Old 08-16-2013, 09:49 AM   #765
GoofyMB
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mla1977 View Post

I heard a rumor that they will be starting in about a week.
I read on another thread they will start Monday August 19th. I guess we will know pretty soon.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: