Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2013, 11:41 AM   #736
momz
DIS Veteran

car or bus?

we are staying at POP in late October. We will have our car. I am wondering if it is easier to take the bus to the parks, or to drive our own car. If you had the option, what would you do, and why?
Old 08-15-2013, 11:52 AM   #737
melnbil
DIS Veteran

Bus

We prefer the bus, just for the convenience of not having to worry about looking for signs, finding a parking place, and we are able to look at the sights. That being said we will be driving to DHS on our May trip next year because we want to get there earlier than the busses will run.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-15-2013, 12:36 PM   #738
MKFan-PR
Certified MK Freak! Work is what I do for Vacation money!

With the exception of MK (because you park at TTC; busses drop you off at the entrance), you'll usually get there faster by car. But we always take the buses when going to the parks. That way I can just relax and don't have to deal with remembering where I parked (a pic with my phone helps; I just have to remember to take the picture! lol), then getting back on the tram for the return, plus the exit traffic when leaving the park at closing.

For everywhere else (DTD, etc) the car is a better option.

'73 - Offsite w/Parents * '75 - CR w/Parents * '77 - Offsite w/Parents * '83 - Offsite w/Parents * 10/94 - CBR - DW * 09/95 - Poly - DW * 11/96 - POFQ - DW * 11/97 - WL - DW * 10/99 - CSR - DW, DD * 08/02 - CBR - DW, DD * 12/03 - Poly - DW, DD * 07-08/05 - POFQ - DW, DD * 12/08 - CBR - DW, DD * 01/12 - AS-Mo DW, DD * 01/14 - POP DW, DD
Old 08-15-2013, 12:50 PM   #739
Pikester
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momz View Post
we are staying at POP in late October. We will have our car. I am wondering if it is easier to take the bus to the parks, or to drive our own car. If you had the option, what would you do, and why?
We love having our own car. Sometimes we get to the parks early enough to get a good parking spot, take the bus back to the hotel for a break (be sure you have everything you need out of the car) and then we go back to the same park to finish out the evening. Our car is there when its time to leave for the night and no waiting in long bus lines. Of course our kids are older so we can carry what stuff we want on us.

Old 08-15-2013, 01:33 PM   #740
angelmom27
DIS Veteran

Well we are down to 22 days to go. Checked my disney account earlier this week and got the notice to confirm address and customize our bands. What??? I was so excited. My DD has no idea really what they do but she was happy to get a pink band with her name on it. disney is fast cause the bands arrived this morning. Totally excited and can't wait to use them. Only problem is when I go online to do the FP+ they won't let me add my DD to them. Going to call and hopefully get it straightened out.
Old 08-15-2013, 01:38 PM   #741
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

Are there any Canadians who have checked in this past week and are a part of the August magicband testing?

I want to know if there were any problems picking up the customized bands.
Old 08-15-2013, 01:42 PM   #742
Tiggerrific
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikester View Post
We love having our own car. Sometimes we get to the parks early enough to get a good parking spot, take the bus back to the hotel for a break (be sure you have everything you need out of the car) and then we go back to the same park to finish out the evening. Our car is there when its time to leave for the night and no waiting in long bus lines. Of course our kids are older so we can carry what stuff we want on us.
This is exactly what we do! it works so well, but we are also rope droppers and get there super early, so we usually end up with front row parking. Leave the car all day and use Disney transportation, and at the end of the day do not have to fight the crowd for Disney transportation back to the resort.

"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
Walt Disney
Old 08-15-2013, 02:21 PM   #743
2009CAN
Mouseketeer

Has anyone been able to select their FP+ attractions yet? We're at POP sept 21-28 and I did it last night. BUT! The attraction choices are not that great. I need more toddler-friendly attractions not the roller coasters.
So, I'm wondering if different groups get different attraction choices.
Old 08-15-2013, 02:25 PM   #744
CariBelle
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2009CAN View Post
Has anyone been able to select their FP+ attractions yet? We're at POP sept 21-28 and I did it last night. BUT! The attraction choices are not that great. I need more toddler-friendly attractions not the roller coasters.
I believe only the regular FP attractions are showing up right now, the additional ones that are available for the August test folks (fireworks, parades, rides that do not have a regular FP machine, etc.) aren't showing up, but I think we can assume they will be added in.
Old 08-15-2013, 02:33 PM   #745
2009CAN
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariBelle View Post
I believe only the regular FP attractions are showing up right now, the additional ones that are available for the August test folks (fireworks, parades, rides that do not have a regular FP machine, etc.) aren't showing up, but I think we can assume they will be added in.
I sure hope so! I really wanted things like ETWB, meeting the princesses, Aladdin carpets, disney jr live, B&B live, voyage of little mermaid, finding Nemo ride.

NONE of those were offierd. I had expedition everest, kali river, star wars thing, RNR, ToT, Soarin, Test Track, Maelstrom,
Old 08-15-2013, 03:00 PM   #746
Chela227
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2009CAN

I sure hope so! I really wanted things like ETWB, meeting the princesses, Aladdin carpets, disney jr live, B&B live, voyage of little mermaid, finding Nemo ride.

NONE of those were offierd. I had expedition everest, kali river, star wars thing, RNR, ToT, Soarin, Test Track, Maelstrom,
I'm pretty sure you can only get choices that have a fast pass to begin with, ex: magic carpets/nemo...we were there at a very busy time and were able to ride those over and over with no wait..but I would imagine you could schedule peter pan/dumbo/barnstormer since they have the need for a fast pass, there is a magic band trial thread, they might be able to answer your questions over there
Old 08-15-2013, 04:07 PM   #747
sjhanksaz
Mouseketeer

So about how many days before the trip is everyone finding out whether or not they are lucky enough to get the Magic Bands?

Want to not be looking ever day when I am 45 days out but may not hear untill just a few days before....
Old 08-15-2013, 04:33 PM   #748
WishingMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjhanksaz View Post
So about how many days before the trip is everyone finding out whether or not they are lucky enough to get the Magic Bands?

Want to not be looking ever day when I am 45 days out but may not hear untill just a few days before....
I spoke with a CM today who said 10 days out and the bands would be shipped UPS.
2013 - Pop Century, MNSSHP

Planning my "I'm 43 and just graduated from University" trip, August 2015

Me DH DD15 DD4
Old 08-15-2013, 04:34 PM   #749
WishingMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2009CAN View Post
I could get Dumbo, Peter Pan, Winnie the Pooh and The Little Mermaid at MK! Our dates are September 17-23.
2013 - Pop Century, MNSSHP

Planning my "I'm 43 and just graduated from University" trip, August 2015

Me DH DD15 DD4
Old 08-15-2013, 04:35 PM   #750
Radiorox
Live from the city of Magic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chela227

How old are they? Reason I ask is because I bought portable cots from Wal-Mart for our beach vacay this year and they were great. I think about $18 shipped. Easy storing, just folds up like a portable chair. But I think there is a weight limit, can't remember what it is.
10 and 8.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: