Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2013, 08:13 PM   #1
Disney mom12
Mouseketeer

What if we get the wrong savannah at Kidani?

Last year we stayed at Kidani and when I did online check in I requested sunset savannah, our wish was granted and we had a beautiful room. We are just a few days away from online check in now and i plan on doing the same. If we don't get sunset my son will be so upset, the giraffes are his favorite. I was just wondering if anyone had experience with this and how accommodating Kidani was if you didn't get the savannah you requested? Were they able to switch it?
Disney mom12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 08:51 PM   #2
dansdad
DIS Veteran

I have found that in general, the WDW resorts will do whatever they can to honor room requests. But, just remember, they are requests.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-13-2013, 09:00 PM   #3
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
I have found that in general, the WDW resorts will do whatever they can to honor room requests. But, just remember, they are requests.
This exactly.
Old 08-13-2013, 09:06 PM   #4
fowler619
Earning My Ears

Do not worry! You are going to the happiest place on earth! No matter where you are you and your family will love it!
fowler619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 09:14 PM   #5
Disney mom12
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fowler619 View Post
Do not worry! You are going to the happiest place on earth! No matter where you are you and your family will love it!
This is true, we are so excited! I'm just such a planner, I can't help it 😄
Old 08-13-2013, 09:14 PM   #6
Disney mom12
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
Thanks!
Old 08-14-2013, 01:27 PM   #7
sndral
DIS Veteran

I suppose you are concerned that you'll end up on Pembe which is very small and has Okapi rather than Giraffe, aren't the rest of the Kidani savanna views on Sunset?
Old 08-14-2013, 02:05 PM   #8
Hopefully
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney mom12 View Post
This is true, we are so excited! I'm just such a planner, I can't help it ��
Since you understand that the view is a request only, and although Disney does do its best to honor requests, it is not always possible. It sounds like it is important that you start now to prepare your son for the possibility/likilihood that you will have a different view.
It is when expectations are not met that folks get disappointed. If he knows what to expect, and you are positive and upbeat in presenting all the possibilities he is likely to be fine.
Good Luck
Old 08-14-2013, 06:06 PM   #9
cvjw
DIS Veteran

We very rarely get our requests granted, and we vacation at Disney about 3 different times a year. I think everyone wants to be on the Sunset Savannah, since the zebras and giraffes are there, but the reality is that everyone can't be - some people have to get villas on the Pembe Savannah.

I agree with PP, dampen expectations. That way, if you do get the Sunset Savannah, it will be a great thing, and if you don't, it won't be the end of the world for your son.
cvjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 11:49 PM   #10
suemom2kay
DIS Veteran

Why does your son even know that you can request the Sunset Savanna? I don't understand how he would be "so upset." Sorry if I sound insensitive but my daughter would be in serious trouble if she was ever "so upset" about a room view.

suemom2kay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 02:30 PM   #11
Disney mom12
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by suemom2kay View Post
Why does your son even know that you can request the Sunset Savanna? I don't understand how he would be "so upset." Sorry if I sound insensitive but my daughter would be in serious trouble if she was ever "so upset" about a room view.
He doesn't know you can request a savannah, but he knows last time we went there were giraffes so I'm sure he'd be disappointed if this time there weren't.
Old 08-15-2013, 02:32 PM   #12
Disney mom12
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopefully View Post

Since you understand that the view is a request only, and although Disney does do its best to honor requests, it is not always possible. It sounds like it is important that you start now to prepare your son for the possibility/likilihood that you will have a different view.
It is when expectations are not met that folks get disappointed. If he knows what to expect, and you are positive and upbeat in presenting all the possibilities he is likely to be fine.
Good Luck
That's a good idea, I'm sure it won't the end of the world, it's a beautiful resort regardless. We're just gonna have to talk about how cool the okapi are, just in case : )
Old 10-31-2013, 01:03 PM   #13
delilah
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvjw View Post
We very rarely get our requests granted, and we vacation at Disney about 3 different times a year. I think everyone wants to be on the Sunset Savannah, since the zebras and giraffes are there, but the reality is that everyone can't be - some people have to get villas on the Pembe Savannah.

I agree with PP, dampen expectations. That way, if you do get the Sunset Savannah, it will be a great thing, and if you don't, it won't be the end of the world for your son.
Well, you know, because of the way the resort is designed, some people have to get villas on the Pembe Savannah. However, everybody who reserves a Savannah view at Kidani pays the same number of points for a particular type of room, whether they are on Pembe or Sunset savannah. In June, I stayed in a 1BR villa on Pembe savannah. I was on the 4th floor, and the view of animals was obstructed by dense trees. I got a view of chain link fencing, gravel roads, Florida scrub land, and some run down looking buildings off in the distance. The animals were inside being checked between about 6:30-9 am, so, during breakfast on the balcony, we were treated to watching poop rounds, grass mowing and watching people put out food for the animals. These are all necessary things that need to be done, I know. But, after all, I am spending my hard earned cash for the room just like everybody else staying in the hotel. I notice that on the Disney website, that it costs more to get a room in Jambo on the Arushya savannah, as opposed to the Sunset savannah. Perhaps, Disney needs to realize that there is a difference in qualitity between the Pembe and Sunset savannahs, and adjust the number of points to reflect this. I think to dismiss the situation as simply saying "well, somebody ELSE needs to have a villa on Pembe savannah" is a akin to say "well, somebody ELSE needs to buy the poorer quality produce at Meijer". It doesn't work that way. If Meijer only has poor quality produce available, I will go to Kroger or Marsh, instead, or buy a different type of produce. Same thing with Kidani. I love AKL, I have stayed there over 15 times over the past 10 years, but, next June, I will be staying at BLT.
delilah is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 03:06 PM   #14
DisneyMim
DIS Veteran

I agree with some of the posters. Yes everyone wants Sunset, but everyone can't have sunset. Maybe Disney does have to rethink the points on this issue. The last time we stayed in Kidani we got a not so great view. Wasn't what we wanted, but the CMS said there was nothing else available. And this was after we requested sunset and a nice view. As others have said requests and only requests. We've been going to Disney forever and don't get our requests a lot of times. You just have to go with it.

Enjoy The Magic!!
DisneyMim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 03:34 PM   #15
chalee94
I thought all sand was ground up rocks
He's used to walking n00bies

Also be aware that there is a room change fee - if you aren't happy with your room, and they can move you (often they can't), you'll pay a fee to change rooms.

chalee94 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: