DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2013, 07:03 AM   #46
Timeflys4us
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynutz View Post
There is no way to know for sure but if Disney really wanted to fill wait lists, they would exercise their ROFR more often. They obviously have certain criteria for sales and only Disney knows what that is. Often the Guides aren't even told the whole story, not knowing keeps them protected from legal issues.

Bill
Has anyone actually reached the 6 month waiting period? Is Disney offering any extension of the old price, or are people being told that they have to pay the new, higher price?
Timeflys4us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 07:25 AM   #47
delilah
DIS Veteran

My old guide used to leave a voice mail at the resort every time we were staying at DVC. I don't know who our new guide is. I just saw his name on a piece of paper we got from DVC recently. He was a little confused, because he once left a voice message for my husband, and I do 100% of the planning fo r our vacations. As far as I know, my husband doesn't have an account for MDE (and he shouldn't, since I handle all the reservations), doesn't log into the DVC website, or anything. I have to admit that I was a little miffed... However, we have had DVC for nearly 10 years, and he is our 4th guide. So, time should fix this situation.
delilah is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-13-2013, 08:25 AM   #48
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by delilah View Post
My old guide used to leave a voice mail at the resort every time we were staying at DVC. I don't know who our new guide is. I just saw his name on a piece of paper we got from DVC recently. He was a little confused, because he once left a voice message for my husband, and I do 100% of the planning fo r our vacations. As far as I know, my husband doesn't have an account for MDE (and he shouldn't, since I handle all the reservations), doesn't log into the DVC website, or anything. I have to admit that I was a little miffed... However, we have had DVC for nearly 10 years, and he is our 4th guide. So, time should fix this situation.
Phone calls are place from a sales lead software program. Is your husband on the DVC account and deed, is he listed first? The Guides don't call based on who makes the reservations or who uses MDE.

They call with the hopes of making a sale, nothing more.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 07:43 PM   #49
Ms. WDW
DIS Veteran Who Won't Grow Up!
Dodging the Boardwalk surrey bikes is a thrill ride in itself!

Quote:
Phone calls are place from a sales lead software program. Is your husband on the DVC account and deed, is he listed first? The Guides don't call based on who makes the reservations or who uses MDE.

Bill
Actually, my guide does call me and not my husband. Both our names are on the contract and he is listed first.

Now, I did meet Al last summer. So maybe that's why I get the calls home and at my DVC home resort. Just a thought...

Ms. WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 11:24 AM   #50
mom_rules
LOVES the Yachtsmen!
HATES snakes!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2sleep View Post
Good question. Anyone know?

OP, any news?
Nothing yet-emailed my guide 3 times in the last month with no answer so I finally called and spoke to someone else. They said there are still 2 ahead of us
Beach Club concierge/Wonder Mar '05
Boardwalk Inn Concierge Oct 2004
Carribean Beach Resort Oct 2004
Yacht Club Concierge April 2004
All Star Music April 2004
Grand Californian Concierge-Disneyland September 2003
Beach Club May 2003
Beach Club May 2001
Coronado Springs May 1999
Carribean May 1996
Offsite October 1987

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by mom_rules; 08-19-2013 at 12:38 PM.
mom_rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 12:13 AM   #51
delilah
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Bill
I don't know who is listed first on the deed. My name comes first in the alphabet, and I use my own last name. I know my name is listed first on our tax return.

There are some marketing firms that actually recognize that women are important in making some decisions for the family, such is where the family receives medical care, or where the children attend school, and they target women. I know that my previous guides were women, and they were more personable than either of the male guides that we have had. But, as often as they change jobs, we are likely not to keep this guide for a long time. And, as a practical matter, unless I am wanting to buy more points, it makes no difference who the guide is. But, to be an effective sales person, he needs to convince me that I would want to spend more of my money on his product.
delilah is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: