Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-14-2013, 12:49 AM   #46
peanut520
Mouseketeer

port Orleans French quarters, checking in 9/10., fingers crossed
peanut520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 11:22 AM   #47
JaciRae8
Earning My Ears

Thumbs down

So the family and I are checking into the AKL on Sept 2 - 8 and we just completed our fastpass+ and magicband selections...So it would appear that either a) the test continues or b) the full roll out is beginning....
JaciRae8 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-14-2013, 11:26 AM   #48
MightyGitis
Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaciRae8 View Post
So the family and I are checking into the AKL on Sept 2 - 8 and we just completed our fastpass+ and magicband selections...So it would appear that either a) the test continues or b) the full roll out is beginning....
The test seems to have been extended one week into September for all August hotels. No one checking in after the 7th or anyone at a different hotel than the August test hotels has access to bands yet.
Old 08-14-2013, 01:07 PM   #49
hedberg1661
DIS Veteran

Hope this means it will be a full roll-out. I am going in December and would like to get a crack at it. Not sure how I feel about FP+ based on the rumors of only 3 selections per day and they all must be in the same park. That is somewhat concerning. However, the idea of paying for everything and only needing the band will be great.
hedberg1661 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 01:08 PM   #50
hedberg1661
DIS Veteran

Magic Band Colors

Anyone know if once this gets rolling if we will be able to choose the color of our band at the front desk or will we have to settle for the off black colored band if we don't plan/make arrangements ahead?
Old 08-14-2013, 01:12 PM   #51
MightyGitis
Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedberg1661 View Post
Anyone know if once this gets rolling if we will be able to choose the color of our band at the front desk or will we have to settle for the off black colored band if we don't plan/make arrangements ahead?
According to their official literature on MagicBands you will select the color of your band in advance. In the event you do not do so you will receive grey bands at the front desk.
Old 08-14-2013, 02:04 PM   #52
hedberg1661
DIS Veteran

That is what I was afraid of. I am an AP holder so I hope they actually get this rolling before I go in December.

Does the official literature also state that you will be limited to 3 FP's in only 1 park? Sorry I haven't seen much "official" on the whole concept other than they are testing it and it will be "great"
Old 08-14-2013, 02:39 PM   #53
MightyGitis
Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedberg1661 View Post
That is what I was afraid of. I am an AP holder so I hope they actually get this rolling before I go in December.

Does the official literature also state that you will be limited to 3 FP's in only 1 park? Sorry I haven't seen much "official" on the whole concept other than they are testing it and it will be "great"
Nope. They haven't stated how many FP+ you will actually get once the system is rolled fully out. The bands are only issued once. So as an AP once we have one band we don't get one every trip. In fact they will charge you if you new to replace it.
Old 08-14-2013, 02:41 PM   #54
apainterxx44
Mouseketeer

Wow! I'm excited to see how many people in September are able to customize magic bands. I arrive Sept 8th at pop and have had no luck setting up my magic bands or fp+. Iwonder if my online check in has something to do with that

Me 23 DBF Roy 27

apainterxx44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 02:43 PM   #55
MightyGitis
Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by apainterxx44 View Post
Wow! I'm excited to see how many people in September are able to customize magic bands. I arrive Sept 8th at pop and have had no luck setting up my magic bands or fp+. Iwonder if my online check in has something to do with that
So far testing at Pop extends only to people checking in on the 7th or before.
Old 08-14-2013, 02:59 PM   #56
hedberg1661
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by apainterxx44 View Post
This is what I was afraid would happen. I don't want to be stuck with a grey/black one with my AP for another year. Hopefully they put a mechanism into place to keep this from happening. The color is a small detail but if I am going to wear the thing all the time I would like it to be green!

Regardless, I am really excited to see where this RFID technology will go. They already said they are adding RFID chips to the refillable mugs to keep people honest. Personally, this system will be a success for Disney if it creates more revenue however, it will also be a success if it creates shorter wait times at the popular attractions.
Old 08-14-2013, 05:48 PM   #57
apainterxx44
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyGitis View Post
So far testing at Pop extends only to people checking in on the 7th or before.

Haha thank you, seems like my luck

Me 23 DBF Roy 27

Old 08-14-2013, 08:37 PM   #58
apainterxx44
Mouseketeer

I was just able to make fastpass+ choices for the week I'm there, maybe I'll be able to trick it into giving me a magic band

Me 23 DBF Roy 27

Old 08-14-2013, 09:38 PM   #59
Neska1212
Earning My Ears

Fastpass + selections available POP Sept 23-Oct 1

I was just able to make fastpass + selections but only for first 7 days of stay. I'm now hoping to get magicband availability!
Neska1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:58 PM   #60
MightyGitis
Jedi

New Hotels/ Dates Coming ONline

It seems they are slowly activating more hotels and additional dates at additional hotels. Those at Pop, Contemporary, and Animal Kingdom can get FP+ later than yesterday. And now the Polynesian, Port Orleans, and Art of Animation are coming online. Some people have gotten just to FP+. Others have ordered bands. They may ore may not be done.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: