Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-14-2013, 04:44 PM   #11
Snowpuff526
Earning My Ears

Boarding the Disney Fantasy

The day has finally arrived! August 3rd 2013. My family and I got up around 8:30 in order to make one of the early Disney Cruise transportation busses. We ate breakfast at the Hyatt hotel. I wasn’t too hungry so I just had a strawberry smoothie while my mom and dad got some oatmeal. I think my sister just had an apple, because considering her Vegan diet she wasn’t able to eat anything else off of the menu.
After breakfast we went down into the airport to side B where the Disney’s Magical Express check in was. There are plenty of signs, so you won’t get lost.

Once at the check in desk, there are loads of very kind Disney castmembers waiting to assist you. We handed them our spiral notebook that we received in the mail a few weeks back and we were all checked in! Can you say simple or what?

We then had to wait in line for about 5 minutes or so to board the next available bus. While waiting my family and I me this family with an adorable little girl named Reagan. It was really nice to meet her because we kept seeing her and her family around the boat for the duration of our cruise.
Here’s the view of the busses from our line.

Before we knew it, it was time to get on the bus.

The rest of our bus was filled with excited passengers!

The bus ride from the MCO airport to Port Canaveral was about 45 minutes, but it went by real fast! To help the time go by, they showed a video about the cruise on the T.V’s along with mickey cartoons, and Disney trivia. Before we knew it we could see the Disney Fantasy off in the distance!

Wow that boat is beautiful! I couldn’t believe that I was actually seeing it in person after months of researching and seeing only photos. We then pulled up to the bus only parking and I got this pretty picture of the Fantasy.

We arrived at the terminal around 10:00, so we were one of the first people to get there. We breazed right through check in, and we got our key to the world cards and our personal navigator for the day. My sister and I found a table near the mickey ear portal and we started to plan our day’s adventures.

A nearly empty terminal.

After checking out our navigator, we saw Mickey Mouse heading toward the Disney Magic model to take some pictures. I ran into line, and we were the second family to take a picture with him. Unfortunately my mom was talking to some other family and she didn’t make it in this picture, but I still like it.

A sister shot with mickey.

After our little photo shoot with mickey we decided to go to the viewing deck and take some pictures next to the Fantasy.

After taking our pictures we went back to our little table to sit, wait, and people watch. I also went to go say hi to one of my friends that I was talking to for a while on the teen facebook page for our cruise. It was nice to actually meet her. (I love the friendly connections that the disboards can make.) About 45 minutes went by until they started boarding people. They started with group 1. Then 1-2. Then 1-3 and so on. We were group 11, so it took us about another 10 minutes until we were called. When they said group 1-11, I was jumping out of my seat with joy! It’s finally our turn! Yippee! We passed through the mickey ears, and into a hallway.

There were banners up and down the rows that read:

Talk about getting your passengers excited!

The castmembers scan your KTTW card and your officially ready to board. But first, they take a nice picture of your family.

The color’s a little off when I scanned our picture into the computer, because instead of our normal skin colors we kind of look like Oompa Loompas.

Now it was time to officially board. But when I looked out of the window it was raining! A full down pour! I guess this is what the unpredictable Florida storms are like. But never fear, the rain did not dampen our moods. When the Disney Castmember announced our family name to the ship we all whooped and shouted with joy. What a great moment. We were actually here! There weren’t that many people on board yet, so I decided this was a good time to drop off my picture frame for the characters to sign at guest services. After that we took a couple of “princess” style pictures.

Every girl deserves to be a princess right?

Before we went down to Enchanted Garden for lunch, we thought this was a good opportunity to take a picture in front of Mademoiselle Minnie.

Coming up Next: Lunch at Enchanted Garden
Snowpuff526 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: