Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-14-2013, 03:44 PM   #16
Snowpuff526
Earning My Ears

Boarding the Disney Fantasy

The day has finally arrived! August 3rd 2013. My family and I got up around 8:30 in order to make one of the early Disney Cruise transportation busses. We ate breakfast at the Hyatt hotel. I wasn’t too hungry so I just had a strawberry smoothie while my mom and dad got some oatmeal. I think my sister just had an apple, because considering her Vegan diet she wasn’t able to eat anything else off of the menu.
After breakfast we went down into the airport to side B where the Disney’s Magical Express check in was. There are plenty of signs, so you won’t get lost.

Once at the check in desk, there are loads of very kind Disney castmembers waiting to assist you. We handed them our spiral notebook that we received in the mail a few weeks back and we were all checked in! Can you say simple or what?

We then had to wait in line for about 5 minutes or so to board the next available bus. While waiting my family and I me this family with an adorable little girl named Reagan. It was really nice to meet her because we kept seeing her and her family around the boat for the duration of our cruise.
Here’s the view of the busses from our line.

Before we knew it, it was time to get on the bus.

The rest of our bus was filled with excited passengers!

The bus ride from the MCO airport to Port Canaveral was about 45 minutes, but it went by real fast! To help the time go by, they showed a video about the cruise on the T.V’s along with mickey cartoons, and Disney trivia. Before we knew it we could see the Disney Fantasy off in the distance!

Wow that boat is beautiful! I couldn’t believe that I was actually seeing it in person after months of researching and seeing only photos. We then pulled up to the bus only parking and I got this pretty picture of the Fantasy.

We arrived at the terminal around 10:00, so we were one of the first people to get there. We breazed right through check in, and we got our key to the world cards and our personal navigator for the day. My sister and I found a table near the mickey ear portal and we started to plan our day’s adventures.

A nearly empty terminal.

After checking out our navigator, we saw Mickey Mouse heading toward the Disney Magic model to take some pictures. I ran into line, and we were the second family to take a picture with him. Unfortunately my mom was talking to some other family and she didn’t make it in this picture, but I still like it.

A sister shot with mickey.

After our little photo shoot with mickey we decided to go to the viewing deck and take some pictures next to the Fantasy.

After taking our pictures we went back to our little table to sit, wait, and people watch. I also went to go say hi to one of my friends that I was talking to for a while on the teen facebook page for our cruise. It was nice to actually meet her. (I love the friendly connections that the disboards can make.) About 45 minutes went by until they started boarding people. They started with group 1. Then 1-2. Then 1-3 and so on. We were group 11, so it took us about another 10 minutes until we were called. When they said group 1-11, I was jumping out of my seat with joy! It’s finally our turn! Yippee! We passed through the mickey ears, and into a hallway.

There were banners up and down the rows that read:

Talk about getting your passengers excited!

The castmembers scan your KTTW card and your officially ready to board. But first, they take a nice picture of your family.

The color’s a little off when I scanned our picture into the computer, because instead of our normal skin colors we kind of look like Oompa Loompas.

Now it was time to officially board. But when I looked out of the window it was raining! A full down pour! I guess this is what the unpredictable Florida storms are like. But never fear, the rain did not dampen our moods. When the Disney Castmember announced our family name to the ship we all whooped and shouted with joy. What a great moment. We were actually here! There weren’t that many people on board yet, so I decided this was a good time to drop off my picture frame for the characters to sign at guest services. After that we took a couple of “princess” style pictures.

Every girl deserves to be a princess right?

Before we went down to Enchanted Garden for lunch, we thought this was a good opportunity to take a picture in front of Mademoiselle Minnie.

Coming up Next: Lunch at Enchanted Garden
Snowpuff526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 04:26 PM   #17
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

You are off to a great start! I love WWOHP! Can't wait for the new addition some of these days.

Jill in CO
Register to remove

Old 08-14-2013, 07:06 PM   #18
Cheryl726
DIS Veteran

I am loving your pics!

Cheryl726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 07:14 PM   #19
wishuponastarforever
I just love coming here and visiting with you

Your enthusiasm has given me a smile that just won't go away. This is one of the best trip reports. Your pictures are incrediable - your descriptions perfect and your family absolutely adorable. Keep in coming

Always planning for the next trip
wishuponastarforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 11:23 AM   #20
qits
Mouseketeer

Great report! Your sister can be a Kate Middleton look a like.
qits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 05:45 PM   #21
Snowpuff526
Earning My Ears

Enchanted Garden Lunch

By this time our whole family was quite hungry, so we decided it was time for some lunch. And where’s a better place to start off your Disney Cruise than at Enchanted Garden? We took the stairs down to Deck 2, and there was already a whole swarm of people getting ready to eat some lunch. My family and I maneuvered around, and got a nice spot to sit and wait right near the front gates of EG.

There was a very friendly castmember who was handing out handy wipes for everyone to use. I must say, Disney does a great job in terms of cleanliness and sanitation. Anyways, after about 5 minutes of waiting they opened the gates to EG and we were the first family in. Yay! You have to go to the front desk first to tell them your cabin number in order to get the correct table for you. (It is not the same number as your dinner table number.) We got to our table, ordered some drinks, and went over to the buffet. And the buffet was G double O D… GOOD!!
I got a caprese sandwich, pesto pasta, and a salad with ranch dressing.

My sister got a plateful of vegetables and chowmein.

I’m not exactly sure what my parents got, but you can see what their plates looked like in this photo.

For dessert I got my favorite… Pumpkin Pie! I also got a scoop of dulce de leche ice cream.
And it was delicious.

Here’s a nice pic of Enchanted Garden. I love the mickey water fountain in the middle.

Coming Up Next: Touring the Disney Fantasy!
Snowpuff526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 06:14 PM   #22
disneymom727
DIS Veteran

What a GREAT report so far!! I am looking forward to reading more. I love that you posted pics of the plane & bus. I have a 5 yr. old little girl and this is a great way to show her what to expect.

I also had to laugh when you said you looked like Oompa Loompa's in your family picture. I didn't think so, but my kids are watching Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory as I'm reading this.

Anyway, definitely looking forward to more!

disneymom727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 08:03 PM   #23
amyh13
Mouseketeer

Can't wait to see the rest!
amyh13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 08:48 PM   #24
tanyabanana
Mouseketeer

Great report! We are hoping to do our first cruise next year

tanyabanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 12:28 PM   #25
DCW
Mouseketeer

yahoo

looking foward to your TR we sail on OCT 12th my ds is 17. can't wait to see more pics and hear about your trip

Trip History:

2013 Oct DS 18th Birthday on the Fantasy, Western
2012 MR on The Wonder
2007 Magic, Eastern,
1994 Royal Caribbean Honeymoon cruise MR
1992 WDW
Countless trips to DL (grew up there)

DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 03:16 PM   #26
Credit Man
Love the shark reef
Needs a map to grocery shop
Went on a life-changing cruise

Wonderful report. Looks like it is going to be a GREAT trip!
Credit Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 11:03 PM   #27
ProudMommyof2
DIS Veteran

Signing on! Love your writing style and all the great details. Weare hoping to take our first Disney Cruise next year and i am excited to get a tennegers perspective- especially re:Vibe and the teen activities.

1986 Disneyland, 1988 Disneyland, August 1991- WDW Offsite, May 1997- WDW Offsite, May 2007- Wilderness Lodge, May 2009- BCV & AKV, August 2011- Poly & AKV, April 2013- WBC- Universal & WDW, July 2013 Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort, April 2014- Yacht Club

ProudMommyof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 01:53 PM   #28
vatchr
Mouseketeer

Love your report! We are sailing on the Fantasy next summer!! I can't wait to hear about it and see the rest of the pictures!!! My daughters will be 12 and 14 - they will love your report also.

June, 2006 - WL ...June, 2007 - WL ..July, 2008 - DCL 4 Day Wonder with 3 nights at WL before...April, 2009 DCL 3 Night Wonder...October, 2009 - WL and MNSSHP...July, 2010 4 nights at WL...Aug, 2011 7 Night Wonder to Alaska...

Read our July, 2008 DCL trip report here:http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1919252
vatchr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 09:09 PM   #29
livsmom04
DIS Veteran

I'm joining in. We are thinking of doing a cruise next year but haven't made up our minds yet. Can't wait to read more!

7/96-Offsite, 5/98-Offsite, 5/10-ASM, 7/11-POP, 4/12 -POP, 8/12-Coronado Springs, 6/13-Coronado Springs, 6/13 AKV, 9/14 POP

Trip Reports:
Completed TR-A Family Trip Full of Surprises: 2 Updates! Complete!!

livsmom04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 12:15 AM   #30
DeniseMarie526
Whenever you pack your bags, never forget the pixie dust!

Subbing! Great report so far!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: