Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-14-2013, 06:29 AM   #16
dutchdisneyfamily
Mouseketeer

Tusker House breakfast became a favorite of ours. We also loved Cape May. I loved Crystal Palace for breakfast as well. Biergarten was loved by my family too. Outside of Disney I am not a buffet person, but there we really love it!
Old 08-14-2013, 06:34 AM   #17
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

Biergarten is the family favorite in our house. The atmosphere is wonderful and the band was so enjoyable. If your kids love to dance, then the Biergarten is perfect!
Disneylover99 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-14-2013, 06:49 AM   #18
Amunet
DIS Veteran

I agree with Crystal Palace for breakfast. Beautiful atmosphere and Winnie the Pooh & friends are awesome! Lots of normal western breakfast fare plus some little surprises

Also, if I may, Ohana Breakfast is amazing! Just like the dinner counterpart, it is family style and not buffet ... but it does have characters (Lilo & Stitch!). Normal fare of eggs, bacon, mickey waffles, a form of potato (cubes I think?) and I THINK there was sausage too. But, the lovely surprise was the juice! I call it the nectar of the gods
Disney Cruise 2012 ~ Graduation
Amunet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 08:55 AM   #19
Barbydoll8
Offical Disney Dork

fav buffet

DH is a buffet person. Me, I don't care either way but we frequent them mainly cause he can't make a choice on what he wants so he loves to go to the buffet/all you can eat type places. I also think they are probably the best "value" on property for us.

Boma hands down is my favorite. I did like Crystal Palace for lunch but not so much for breakfast (some people disagree with me on this one).

Chef Mickey's for breakfast is fine but noisy.

I'd totally skip Wispering Canyon. The food is better and cheaper at Trails End and is buffet. Yes it's a hidden gem but it's one of the better ones.

Biergarten in Germany is good too. hmmm, haven't done that one in a while. Might be on the to do list soon.

I use to like the Pepper Market too but they changed it back to a regular menu. Hate when that happens.

I've also hear that The Wave at the Contemporary has a great breakfast buffet and have this on my to do soon list. Haven't done 1900 Park Fare yet either.
Barbydoll8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 10:28 AM   #20
Skjhjb
Mouseketeer

Thanks so much everybody! We're not big breakfast eaters, so our plan is to have our larger TS credit meal later in the day around 6:30 or so, and then we'll still have time to hit the parks again after dinner.

It seems I have a few choices to try and decide between now! We had the restaurant at POR on our list because we plan to stay there, but now I may change that!

Here's a really dumb question....

Can you book ADR at the same place more than once during your stay?
Second Trip - POR May 13-19/2014!!!
Skjhjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 10:36 AM   #21
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

'Ohana is not a buffet. A selection of food is brought to the table and served family style. It doesn't have as large a selection as a traditional buffet, and you don't get up and get the food yourself.

Quote:
Can you book ADR at the same place more than once during your stay?
Yes.
Old 08-14-2013, 11:05 AM   #22
Skjhjb
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
'Ohana is not a buffet. A selection of food is brought to the table and served family style. It doesn't have as large a selection as a traditional buffet, and you don't get up and get the food yourself.

Yes.
Thanks!

I knew Ohana was family style as opposed to buffet, but that style of eating works for us too!
Second Trip - POR May 13-19/2014!!!
Skjhjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 11:07 AM   #23
jsebsirois
DIS Veteran

Buffet lover here too so thanks for this thread!

WDW : October/November 2013 (MNSSHP and MVMCP) March 2013, October 2011 (MNSSHP), November 2010 (MVMCP), October 2008, October 2006 (MNSSHP) and July 2005 DLR : October 2012 (MHP), July 2010 and September 2009
jsebsirois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 02:52 PM   #24
ashearer
Mouseketeer

Tusker house for breakfast.

Crystal palace fir lunch.

Boma for dinner(this is the best I think)

We will be returning to all 3 this Oct and have also booked 1900park fare for dinner.we also did Akershus last time its a buffet for appetisers, TS for entree and family style for pudding. Food was also good but its really all about the princesses(you also get free photo package)and we will also return here. Remember to make ADR well in advance, I did ours at 190 days and also got BOG dinner at the time I wanted. Good luck.
ashearer is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: