Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-14-2013, 07:12 AM   #1
MacII
Mouseketeer
 
MacII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 126

New check-in procedure at the port...

Hello, we cruised with Disney about a year ago and at that time when our plane arrived at MCO we headed downstairs to complete check-in and then board the bus. When the bus arrived at the port we went through security but were able to immediately board after registering our daughter for the kids programs. I've been told that the procedure is all different now, that the check-in takes place at the port now and not at the Airport. Can anyone shed any light? Also, even though I completed my online-reg immediately at the 90 day mark, I was given a "port arrival time" of 2-2:30pm. Does that mean I can't even show up till 2pm?

Thanks for any info you can share.
MacII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 07:52 AM   #2
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!
 
lbgraves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 48,955

Yes, that is the case and your PAT will determine your boarding number as well. When you are using DCL transfers you are allowed to enter the terminal whenever the bus gets you there, however. If you are arriving at MCO, your PAT is also linked to your arrival time. It takes into consideration the time it could take for you to get to the transfer area, actually get on a DCL bus, and of course transit to the terminal. After 1:00 there is usually open boarding, so the boarding number isn't really a factor.
__________________
Lisa

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W DD w/ CM 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV W w/ CM 3/31/2012, E w/ SJ 3/23/2013



DCL 2016 Opening Day Pricing Thread Pt 1: January - April
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-14-2013, 11:13 AM   #3
lanejudy
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,213
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgraves View Post
... If you are arriving at MCO, your PAT is also linked to your arrival time. It takes into consideration the time it could take for you to get to the transfer area, actually get on a DCL bus, and of course transit to the terminal. ...
Wow, I didn't know the online check-in system was that smart to connect the flight arrival time with possible PATs. Learn something new everyday! Thanks.
lanejudy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 11:22 AM   #4
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!
 
lbgraves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 48,955

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanejudy View Post
Wow, I didn't know the online check-in system was that smart to connect the flight arrival time with possible PATs. Learn something new everyday! Thanks.
I only found this out when chatting on our FB cruise meet thread. Someone couldn't get a time before 1-1:30 when checking in at 90 days, yet others were reporting that they had gotten 11-11:30. She was flying into MCO. She changed her transport information to driving to the port and she was able to select the 11-11:30 PAT as well. She then changed the flight information to an earlier flight and got an earlier time as well. She ultimately entered her correct flight info and just went with the PAT she was assigned because she was using DCL transfers.
__________________
Lisa

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W DD w/ CM 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV W w/ CM 3/31/2012, E w/ SJ 3/23/2013



DCL 2016 Opening Day Pricing Thread Pt 1: January - April
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 11:24 AM   #5
Dug720
SQUIRREL!!
 
Dug720's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,420

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgraves View Post
I only found this out when chatting on our FB cruise meet thread. Someone couldn't get a time before 1-1:30 when checking in at 90 days, yet others were reporting that they had gotten 11-11:30. She was flying into MCO. She changed her transport information to driving to the port and she was able to select the 11-11:30 PAT as well. She then changed the flight information to an earlier flight and got an earlier time as well. She ultimately entered her correct flight info and just went with the PAT she was assigned because she was using DCL transfers.
Interesting. I wonder what they're doing with those of us who are going to MCO from area hotels and didn't have arriving flight information to give them as we're not arriving the day of cruise.
__________________
Dug720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 11:26 AM   #6
NurseDave
Mouseketeer
 
NurseDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 342

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dug720 View Post
Interesting. I wonder what they're doing with those of us who are going to MCO from area hotels and didn't have arriving flight information to give them as we're not arriving the day of cruise.
Then it's just whatever is available first-come, first-served. Just like people that fly into MCO and stay overnight.
__________________
NurseDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 11:30 AM   #7
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!
 
lbgraves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 48,955

Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseDave View Post
Then it's just whatever is available first-come, first-served. Just like people that fly into MCO and stay overnight.
That would make sense since you arrived at a date before the cruise date.
__________________
Lisa

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W DD w/ CM 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV W w/ CM 3/31/2012, E w/ SJ 3/23/2013



DCL 2016 Opening Day Pricing Thread Pt 1: January - April
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 11:41 AM   #8
Dug720
SQUIRREL!!
 
Dug720's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,420

Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseDave View Post
Then it's just whatever is available first-come, first-served. Just like people that fly into MCO and stay overnight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgraves View Post
That would make sense since you arrived at a date before the cruise date.
Ok, thanks. Since the system is apparently auto-assigining based on MCO arrival time, I wasn't sure. It makes sense that we'd have some freedom so we could choose to a degree how early we want to be up and ready to go. Thanks!
__________________
Dug720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:51 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.