|08-14-2013, 09:08 AM||#1|
Earning My Ears
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Central Indiana
Help me pick a resort!
Hello fellow DISers!
I'm in need of expert assistance from the expert DIS community. We are going to spend a week at WDW in May, 2014, to celebrate our daughter's 3rd birthday.
We previously stayed at Coronado Springs earlier this year on a "reconnaissance" trip, and quickly realized that Moderate resorts aren't for us. We definitely want to stay at a Deluxe resort.
I had my heart set on Polynesian, for two main reasons: 1) convenience to MK (traveling back for nap time would be much easier by boat or monorail - we despised having to rely solely on busses at CSR) and 2) the tranquility of Poly.
Now, with the monorail seemingly broken all the time, and the construction (DVC and refurbishments) scheduled at Poly, I'm second guessing our choice.
The things that are most important to us are:
1. Multiple transportation options (not just bus, so this eliminates AKL)
2. Proximity to one of the parks we will be visiting on more than one day for convenience (either MK or Epcot)
3. A great pool. I think all of the deluxes look okay in this department, with the possible exception of the pool at the Contemporary - is it as "blah" as it looks in the photos? However, Storm Along Bay looks a little "much" for our 3 year old, from what I can tell.
4. Great dining options. This is why I really liked the Poly. We have a small one who loves characters, so character meals at our resort is a big bonus.
5. Nice theming and rooms. For some reason, the rooms at WL don't really appeal to me, and I don't care for the theming much at GF. Call me crazy...
6. A "beach" or sandy area for the little one to play in.
So, if you were me, where would you vote to stay for a week? Would you stick with Poly, and just hope the monorail is working and the construction isn't disruptive? Price isn't really an issue.
Thanks for your input!
|Display Modes||Rate This Thread|