Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2013, 05:20 PM   #1
Blessedwith3boys
Mouseketeer

Teppan Edo with the World's Pickiest Eater!

We are headed to Disney in 40 days!! WOOHOO! We have reservations at Teppan Edo for the first time! We have 3 boys....2 of which will eat anything but that last little monster will eat roughly 5 things! Does anyone know if we could pick up a "typical" kids meal along the way and bring it in with us...OR....Let him eat before and just enjoy the show without paying for him?
Blessedwith3boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 04:13 PM   #2
Blessedwith3boys
Mouseketeer

I can't believe how many people have read this...but noone has an answer...Shocking! I know you Disers have a thought, what is it?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-13-2013, 04:14 PM   #3
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Feed him before you go. They will not charge you for him if you don't order him a meal. That is a better option than bringing a meal in with you from outside.
Old 08-13-2013, 04:31 PM   #4
theduhaimes
Mouseketeer

My 3 youngest kiddos will not eat anything at Teppan Edo so we feed them ahead of time and then ask for our dessert (soft ice cream) while we are eating our dinner. This way they are happy and eat dessert while we enjoy our dinner. We have never had to pay for any of them this way.

Me(43) DH(47) DS17 DD11 DS8 DS5

theduhaimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 05:23 PM   #5
2kidsForMe
Dreams of being a Guest without a Bag

My daughter is super picky too. We love Teppan Edo but finding her something to eat there is a hard. Our solution has been to order plain Japanese noodles. It is essentially plain spaghetti. The chef makes it on the grill, like all of the other meals, so she does't feel left out. Maybe that would work for you?

Nov "13 Pop & ASSP/Aug '13 POR/July '13 ASMo/April '13 Aulani/Nov '12 CSR/Jun '12 poly/Feb '12 DLR/Aug '11 CBR & Pop/Jan '11 ASMu/Aug '10 ASMu/Jan '10 FW/Aug '09 FW/Jan '09 ASMu/Aug '08 CSR/Feb '08 offsite/Aug '08 POR/April '08 FW/Oct '07 FW/May '05 WL/Dec '04 & 11/03 offsite/Nov '01 DTD/Aug '99 EuroDisney
2kidsForMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 06:13 PM   #6
worm761

I speak just to hear my own voice
I about died laughing when i heard that!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessedwith3boys View Post
We are headed to Disney in 40 days!! WOOHOO! We have reservations at Teppan Edo for the first time! We have 3 boys....2 of which will eat anything but that last little monster will eat roughly 5 things! Does anyone know if we could pick up a "typical" kids meal along the way and bring it in with us...OR....Let him eat before and just enjoy the show without paying for him?
What 5 things will your kid eat?

I just looked at the menu. They have chicken, steak, plain noodles. Won't your kid eat any of that?
worm761 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 06:23 PM   #7
chocovrdmicears
DIS Veteran

I was just going to ask what the 5 things are that he will eat. Teppan Edo has some pretty basic things. You cannot bring food in - so if he won't eat anything on the menu, you should feed him before heading in.
Old 08-14-2013, 08:06 AM   #8
Blessedwith3boys
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduhaimes View Post
My 3 youngest kiddos will not eat anything at Teppan Edo so we feed them ahead of time and then ask for our dessert (soft ice cream) while we are eating our dinner. This way they are happy and eat dessert while we enjoy our dinner. We have never had to pay for any of them this way.
Great Idea! Thanks!
Old 08-14-2013, 08:13 AM   #9
Blessedwith3boys
Mouseketeer

UGGG....he is my 3rd child...my first 2 are great eaters! He will eat Peanut butter (but no bread), hotdogs, chicken nuggets ( sometimes ), pizza, pinto beans and mac and cheese....and Thank the Lord almost all fruit! I guess that is technically more than 5 things! He eats no bread, pasta or grilled meat! I've looked at all of our menus at our restaurant choices and I think Teppan Edo will be our only problem. I will just plan on feeding him before we eat. I was primarily wondering if they would allow him to sit in there without ordering. Thanks for yalls help!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: