Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 05:42 PM   #2371
snausman
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdhinn89 View Post
Update: We received a text to see front desk for our room number. Our room was exactly over Chef Mickey when we checked in we Repeatedly said we wanted a room on the opposite end of Chef Mickey. We were told it was. We were quite annoyed. We were reassigned to a room on the fifth floor. It was the only room available. Hopefully it will not be loud considering it is right above the stores and even with the monorail. If it is, we will be switching in the morning.

The room did not have a fridge but housekeeping did send one up. We did request one for our insulin. The gentleman who brought the fridge said they just received 200 new fridges today and they still needed to be installed in the rooms.

Will check in again later. Off to Magic Kingdom.
Hope you have a wonderful time! Thank you for reporting back to all of us.

Laura

All the Wonderful Places we have stayed
***Grand Floridian***Polynesian***Contemporary***BoardWalk Inn***Yacht Club***Beach Club***Wilderness Lodge***Disney Inn (now Shades of Green)***Port Orleans French Qtr.***Port Orleans Riverside***Dolphin***Swan***Pop Century***
Old 08-12-2013, 05:57 PM   #2372
TerryGriffin
Mouseketeer

My boyfriend and I are going to stay at BLT in February using my moms DVC points. She booked the room for us and they advised her its facing the lake. (Sorry for the ignorance) Is there any where to see pictures of the room or the view? On the WDW website I can't seem to figure out which one it is?

Is the hotel fairly nice? I picked it because it seemed to have the nicest bedding.

Also, will we be able to go to the Top of the world bar? Or is that for club level people only?
Any input anyone has is appreciated.

Sorry if this has been asked.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-12-2013, 06:47 PM   #2373
TMEF23
Mouseketeer

We start our drive to WDW in less than 12 hours. Our car is packed, except for food items and my boys are very excited. We will spend two nights at art of animation and then contemporary. I can't wait to test out our magic bands and fastpass +. Thanks for all the wonderful tips on this thread that helped me plan our trip!

Old 08-12-2013, 06:49 PM   #2374
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdhinn89 View Post
Update: We received a text to see front desk for our room number. Our room was exactly over Chef Mickey when we checked in we Repeatedly said we wanted a room on the opposite end of Chef Mickey. We were told it was. We were quite annoyed. We were reassigned to a room on the fifth floor. It was the only room available. Hopefully it will not be loud considering it is right above the stores and even with the monorail. If it is, we will be switching in the morning.

The room did not have a fridge but housekeeping did send one up. We did request one for our insulin. The gentleman who brought the fridge said they just received 200 new fridges today and they still needed to be installed in the rooms.

Will check in again later. Off to Magic Kingdom.
I'm sorry about the room. I hope the room you were reassigned is ok as far as noise. Hope you have a good time at MK .

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryGriffin View Post
My boyfriend and I are going to stay at BLT in February using my moms DVC points. She booked the room for us and they advised her its facing the lake. (Sorry for the ignorance) Is there any where to see pictures of the room or the view? On the WDW website I can't seem to figure out which one it is?

Is the hotel fairly nice? I picked it because it seemed to have the nicest bedding.

Also, will we be able to go to the Top of the world bar? Or is that for club level people only?

I'm not sure, but I think Top of the World lounge is for use by DVC members only. Hopefully someone will be able to verify that or correct me if I'm wrong. Below are links to pictures of BLT. Hope they help .

Here is a link from All Ears website:

http://allears.net/acc/g_baylake.htm

Here is the link from the WDW website:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/re...y/rates-rooms/

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 08-12-2013, 06:53 PM   #2375
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMEF23 View Post
We start our drive to WDW in less than 12 hours. Our car is packed, except for food items and my boys are very excited. We will spend two nights at art of animation and then contemporary. I can't wait to test out our magic bands and fastpass +. Thanks for all the wonderful tips on this thread that helped me plan our trip!
Safe travels.....have a great trip .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 08-12-2013, 08:18 PM   #2376
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryGriffin View Post

What size villa did she book? Studio or one bedroom?

They currently have duvets on the beds, but they might be changed to triple sheeting.

You need a blue member card to get up to the Top of the World Lounge and your KTTW that shows you are a DVC member staying at a WDW resort.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 08-13-2013, 11:41 AM   #2377
live2teach123
Earning My Ears

Coffee at BLT

I will be staying in a 2 BR villa at BLT in a couple of weeks. I know that there is a coffee maker in the room. How much coffee is provided? Do I need to bring filters? Thank you!
Old 08-13-2013, 01:48 PM   #2378
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by live2teach123 View Post
I will be staying in a 2 BR villa at BLT in a couple of weeks. I know that there is a coffee maker in the room. How much coffee is provided? Do I need to bring filters? Thank you!
If you are staying on a DVC reservation, you will only get service every four days. So you will probably have one, maybe two, prefilled coffee packs for the coffee maker. Each pack will make 4-6 cups of coffee. If you want more coffee, bring your own. You will need the Mr Coffee style basket coffee filters since those are not supplied.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 08-13-2013, 04:02 PM   #2379
snausman
Mouseketeer

Just a FYI....

I was just able to order our magic bands on MDE. We arrive on Sept. 6 - 15. So I guess they are testing in the month of Sept.

Laura

***Grand Floridian***Polynesian***Contemporary***BoardWalk Inn***Yacht Club***Beach Club***Wilderness Lodge***Disney Inn (now Shades of Green)***Port Orleans French Qtr.***Port Orleans Riverside***Dolphin***Swan***Pop Century***
Old 08-13-2013, 04:38 PM   #2380
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

I would like to officially all the new CR/BLT posters from the last couple of weeks. I've been at WDW and got very behind with the multi-quoting. We had a wonderful stay at WL/CL, but missed CR/BLT every time we boated past or went to the CC. I plan on booking our July CR/BLT stay soon.

Thank you to all the wonderful posters who answered questions. If your question wasn't answered and/or your name and dates didn't get into the Log-orail on the first page, please re-post and I will add you and/or try to answer your question.

So as not to experience as much post-Disney vacation withdrawal, I booked WL for Christmas today. CR wasn't available at all with the SOG overflow rate, but at least we'll be right next door where there are plenty of fireplaces for this guy and we plan on booking CA Grill as soon as ADRs open up for it.
Old 08-13-2013, 04:40 PM   #2381
snausman
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
I would like to officially all the new CR/BLT posters from the last couple of weeks. I've been at WDW and got very behind with the multi-quoting. We had a wonderful stay at WL/CL, but missed CR/BLT every time we boated past or went to the CC. I plan on booking our July CR/BLT stay soon.

Thank you to all the wonderful posters who answered questions. If your question wasn't answered and/or your name and dates didn't get into the Log-orail on the first page, please re-post and I will add you and/or try to answer your question.

So as not to experience as much post-Disney vacation withdrawal, I booked WL for Christmas today. CR wasn't available at all with the SOG overflow rate, but at least we'll be right next door where there are plenty of fireplaces for this guy and we plan on booking CA Grill as soon as ADRs open up for it.
Welcome back!!

Laura

Old 08-13-2013, 04:42 PM   #2382
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by snausman View Post
Welcome back!!

Laura
Thank you, Laura. Only a few more weeks and you'll be at CR
Old 08-13-2013, 04:47 PM   #2383
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Welcome back .

If you would, please add us to the Log-orail: 12/17-12/19 CR MKV CL.

Old 08-13-2013, 04:49 PM   #2384
snausman
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thank you, Laura. Only a few more weeks and you'll be at CR
I know, we are so excited!!!!!! Was over the moon when I was able to order our magic bands. We are really excited about them.

Laura

Old 08-13-2013, 05:17 PM   #2385
live2teach123
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
If you are staying on a DVC reservation, you will only get service every four days. So you will probably have one, maybe two, prefilled coffee packs for the coffee maker. Each pack will make 4-6 cups of coffee. If you want more coffee, bring your own. You will need the Mr Coffee style basket coffee filters since those are not supplied.
Thank you for the information! We will not be staying on a DVC reservation..just a regular guest. Will the coffee supply be replenished more often then?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: