Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2013, 09:34 AM   #751
Wendy&Grumpy
Is there any better place to live than Mickey's backyard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapshappen View Post
We had kind of a weird thing happen. We originally thought we booked GTY in category 9D for the November 9 Wonder cruise through Costco Travel.

Costco called today to say that they had made a mistake on our reservation and since there are not 9D's available now, even at GTY, they upgraded us to a 9C at their cost and now we have a room assignment.

I was a little disappointed that we only got upgraded 1 level, but I'm just glad we have a spot on the cruise. I'm not entirely sure when the mix up happened but the only other bad thing about it is that we are now stuck with the second seating for dinner, which wasn't our preference.
It almost sounds like maybe they hadn't even made a reservation for you, or it had been accidentally cancelled so they had to rebook? I would definitely be checking on booking dates and calling them back!

One should always have a getaway to look forward to - even if it's just one night!!

Fort Wilderness December 2012 ~ Disney Dream October 2012 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge August/September 2012 ~ Contemporary July 2012 ~ Coronado Springs May 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy April 2012 ~ Disney Dream January 2012 ~ Port Orleans French Quarter December 2011 ~ Boardwalk Inn November 2011 ~ Disney Dream October 2011 ~ Wilderness Lodge August/September 2011 ~ Caribbean Beach April 2011 ~ Beach Club March 2011 ~ Disney Dream February 2011 ~ Pop Century December 2010 ~ All Star Music July/August 2008 ~ Villas at the Disney Institute December 1997
Wendy&Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:54 AM   #752
caroleRWO
Mouseketeer

Sail date: September 21st
Ship: Fantasy
Booked Category: 5E GTY
Room assigned: 9520
Room category: 5A
Happy? Would have preferred the 5E but surely not complaining - we´re going on the Mickey boat
First time on one of the new ships and first time with a verandah on a Disney ship - life is good.
Register to remove

Old 07-31-2013, 10:40 AM   #753
jasmine91
Mouseketeer

We got our assignment today for Wonder Sept. 28.
Booked: 7A
Assigned: 5C

So happy!
jasmine91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 01:36 PM   #754
scrapshappen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sullins5 View Post
Were you originally booked with early dining? If so, I think I'd call them back and discuss the issue with them. I'm not sure WHY you don't still have your dining time, if you had that originally... Since it WAS their mistake, it doesn't hurt to call and check and see what they can do (and even maybe go to a supervisor and explain the situation). You could at least be put on the waitlist? It doesn't hurt to ask!
I'm not entirely sure what happened but what Costco said happened is that when we changed the date of our cruise in April, somehow that change never got registered with Disney. That doesn't really make sense to me because I held on the phone while they called Disney and made the change. And the receipt we got from Costco Travel had all the right info on it.

That might really be the case, but last week when I called to make a payment, I could tell the gal I was talking too didn't really have a clue what was going on and sounded confused about things. Clearly she was new. I almost wonder if when she made our payment for us, she somehow cancelled our reservation?

It was the supervisor who called us yesterday to tell us about the problem. She was very nice about it and really, it cost Costco over $800 to rebook us at the higher category. She said she would keep checking back to see if the earlier dinning opened back up. She also said there wasn't a waitlist for early dinner but she would keep following up to see if that is an option too.

I do need to call them back today because when we changed our reservation (back in April mind you), we booked under the WON pin that had the OBC with it. I don't see that mentioned anywhere in our paperwork and I want to make sure we still have that.
scrapshappen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 01:57 PM   #755
sullins5
alias the 'disneychick'

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapshappen View Post
I'm not entirely sure what happened but what Costco said happened is that when we changed the date of our cruise in April, somehow that change never got registered with Disney. That doesn't really make sense to me because I held on the phone while they called Disney and made the change. And the receipt we got from Costco Travel had all the right info on it.

That might really be the case, but last week when I called to make a payment, I could tell the gal I was talking too didn't really have a clue what was going on and sounded confused about things. Clearly she was new. I almost wonder if when she made our payment for us, she somehow cancelled our reservation?

It was the supervisor who called us yesterday to tell us about the problem. She was very nice about it and really, it cost Costco over $800 to rebook us at the higher category. She said she would keep checking back to see if the earlier dinning opened back up. She also said there wasn't a waitlist for early dinner but she would keep following up to see if that is an option too.

I do need to call them back today because when we changed our reservation (back in April mind you), we booked under the WON pin that had the OBC with it. I don't see that mentioned anywhere in our paperwork and I want to make sure we still have that.
I WOULD call back! There IS a waitlist for early dining, because we were wait listed last time and got it! Think I would call back just for some verification anyway! Good Luck!
Old 07-31-2013, 04:54 PM   #756
Wendy&Grumpy

Question - once we've been assigned, do we still have the option to upgrade? If so, is there a penalty to do so? Would it be based on the current rates?

One should always have a getaway to look forward to - even if it's just one night!!

Fort Wilderness December 2012 ~ Disney Dream October 2012 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge August/September 2012 ~ Contemporary July 2012 ~ Coronado Springs May 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy April 2012 ~ Disney Dream January 2012 ~ Port Orleans French Quarter December 2011 ~ Boardwalk Inn November 2011 ~ Disney Dream October 2011 ~ Wilderness Lodge August/September 2011 ~ Caribbean Beach April 2011 ~ Beach Club March 2011 ~ Disney Dream February 2011 ~ Pop Century December 2010 ~ All Star Music July/August 2008 ~ Villas at the Disney Institute December 1997
Old 08-05-2013, 08:34 AM   #757
gclara
Earning My Ears

got the room assignment

We booked the Disney Dream sailing on 9/26 around mid July. I checked our reservation on Disney Cruise today and got our room assignment. I purchased a GTY 07A (the lowest priced balcony room at that time) and I got a "10514" which is a cat. 05A. I guess we should be pretty happy about it.

my question would be:

will they change the room assignment before we sail?
gclara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 09:14 AM   #758
tweis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy&Grumpy View Post
Question - once we've been assigned, do we still have the option to upgrade? If so, is there a penalty to do so? Would it be based on the current rates?
We booked an 8A GTY and were assigned an HA room that we didn't need. We made the decision to upgrade to a 7A GTY and paid the difference based on what the rates were when we had originally booked so no, it is not based on current rates. We were not charged any type of penalty for upgrading. Since our upgrade category was also GTY, we had to wait a few days to receive our new assignment but it was worth it. We were upgraded to a 5B.

3 Night Disney Dream May 2013 Trip report W/Navigators Link is broken so "google" "Our dreamy anniversary cruise"

5 Night Disney Dream Double Dip June 2012
tweis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 01:47 PM   #759
mrssmartypants
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meghatron View Post

I think you are interested in discounted *GT rates, which are on a different thread. The GTY assignments on this thread are not discounted.
How do you find a non-discounted GTY rate, and is the only benefit to it the possibility of upgrade? Are GTY rates offered before *GT rates?
mrssmartypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 01:53 PM   #760
mrssmartypants
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedwigowl73 View Post
We originally booked a 7A and then got upgraded to a 5B. Today, they put out FL resident discounts for our sailing for catagory 7A. I called to see if we could take advantage of it. We not only got the discount, but another upgrade to Cat. 5A! This room is a deck higher and aft. Closer to the soda stations for DH and the walk to the gym will do us some good, LOL.
What are the rules for FL resident rates? We have one person who is a FL resident....should I try to book us separate rooms to save $$, or will they give her a lower rate, and keep us at the regular rate?
mrssmartypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 02:24 PM   #761
moonlily8
Earning My Ears

We booked an 8A on the Fantasy for Nov 30, 2013. Still waiting but I assume it's still early. I'm anxious to find out though.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
moonlily8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 04:06 PM   #762
4forthemouse
Mouseketeer

Do GTY rates ever drop?

Do GTY rates ever drop to a lower GTY rate, or once they are marked GTY is that the lowest you'll see?
1983 FW Campgrounds; 2003 All Star Movies; 2004 All Star Movies & AKL; 2005 BWV; OKW; 2006 BWV; 2007 BC; All Star Movies; AKL; 2008 SSR; AKL; All Star Movies; 2009 AKL; BWV; POP & BC; 2010 SSR; BWV; AKL; BC; BWV again; 2011 Contemporary; DCL Dream & AKL; 2012 FW Cabins; BWV; 2013 FW Campgrounds; DCL Dream; 2014 ASMu; VWL
4forthemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 02:06 PM   #763
brochad1611
C. Pizzle down with Micky Mizzle

Disney Fantasy - Eastern Car.
October 5th, 2013
7A booked
7A received (no upgrade)
53 days out
I let myself get my hopes up for an upgrade, so I would say that I was disappointed that I didn't receive one...but I got what I paid for so I can't be upset
Looking forward to having a balcony, even with an obstructed view. Fresh air is always better than a porthole!
Old 08-13-2013, 02:28 PM   #764
Wendy&Grumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by brochad1611 View Post
Disney Fantasy - Eastern Car.
October 5th, 2013
7A booked
7A received (no upgrade)
53 days out
I let myself get my hopes up for an upgrade, so I would say that I was disappointed that I didn't receive one...but I got what I paid for so I can't be upset
Looking forward to having a balcony, even with an obstructed view. Fresh air is always better than a porthole!
Our cruise is two weeks after yours... assignments are getting closer!!!

Old 08-13-2013, 02:39 PM   #765
FrozenMinnie
Earning My Ears

Oct 5 Fantasy...

Got mine just now on October 5 Fantasy...I have been waiting a year lol...I booked while on the DREAM last October....

Disney Fantasy October 5, 2013
Disney Dream October 3, 2012
Contemporary CL 12
Port Orleans 11
AKL January 10
PO January 08
SOG January 06
FrozenMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: