Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2013, 02:49 PM   #16
kcx2njdisney
Earning My Ears

My husband and I are sailing the Fantasy in the fall. First Disney Cruise without the kids. Youngest daughter starting college, this is our present to ourselves and are very excited to cruise only as two adults. Kids are not happy, they love DCL, too.
kcx2njdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:59 PM   #17
wdw_monster
Mouseketeer

I'm 26 and my husband is 31, no kids, We had a blast!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Register to remove

Old 04-12-2013, 03:30 PM   #18
carmie3377
Hi, I'm Carmen and I'm a Disneyholic.

Location: Exactly 983 miles from the Magic Kingdom and 1,541 from Disneyland

DH and I are heading out on the Magic next month for our first adult only cruise. When I told my dad, he said "it won't be Disney, will it?". And I said "of course, why not!?!"

We've been on 3 with the kids but really looking forward to trying out the adult only sections and pools! In 29 nights at sea with Disney, we've been in the adult area (other than 1 Palo brunch and 1 Palo dinner) a total of 20 minutes and we have yet step foot in an adult pool!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Walt Disney World Aug/04 FW Cabins; Jun/05 offsite; Dec/06 ASMo/OKW & MVMCP; Jan/08 POR BFF trip; Sept-Oct/08 AKV & MNSSHP; Dec/09 Pop; Nov/11 Cor Spngs w/my honey; Dec/11 AKV Kidani w/ the kids; Oct/12 CR/Poly & MNSSHP; June/13 SSR Girls Only Trip; Oct/13 BC & MNSSHP w/my honey; Jan/14 AKV Mother son trip
Disney Cruise Line Dec/09 Magic 7 nt E w/ Tortola; Jan/11 Wonder 15 nt WBPC; Mar/13 Fantasy 7 nt E w/San Juan; May/13 Magic 6 nt W w/my honey; Sept/14 Fantasy 7 nt W w/my honey

carmie3377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 03:39 PM   #19
TiszBear
DIS Veteran

you are so not too old!

My mom & I do a mom/daughter vacation every year and we will be doing our third cruise on Disney in September 2014 and at that time we will be 41 and 67. My mom loves the Disney ships and looks foward to going every other year plus we have also gone to WDW and DL (just the two fo us).

She will have a fantastic time as will you!

TiszBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 03:40 PM   #20
TempusFugit
Are you a fan of delicious flavor?

This has become a roll call of sorts so I'll check in. I am just north of 40 and DW just south. We have 2 sons but they do not cruise with us. They prefer to go to WDW. The cruises are special for us. We married at WDW and sailed the Magic for our honeymoon in 2000. We have since done other DCL cruises. They are getaways for "adult-time". Ironic isn't it?

Want to split a pineapple?

Last edited by TempusFugit; 04-12-2013 at 08:01 PM.
TempusFugit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 04:35 PM   #21
jetskigrl

Ignorance is definitely bliss sometimes!
Ok...lets shake things up a bit

Add me to the check in. DH and I did our first adults only cruise last September on the Wonder (I couldn't take the kids out of school in Sept and the Wonder was going to leave LA so we wanted to get one more in while she was still here).

I had a great time exploring the areas that I normally just get a glimpse of (adult pool, adult clubs in the evenings, etc). DH and I loved to just sit in the Cove Cafe and watch the ocean go by. I really enjoyed the seating area right outside the Cove Cafe for reading too. For dinner, we were seated with two other couples from our meet group so we got to know them prior to the cruise.

I would do it again in a heartbeat, but those darn kids expect to be able to go with us next time

My Mom was with us for our B2B on the Dream in 2011 and she really enjoyed it even though she isn't as much into Disney as my family is. In 2014, the kids and I are taking my Mom again, this time to Alaska. She enjoyed our cruises to the Bahamas, but this time the destination is for her (although I am really excited to see Alaska too). And she is perfectly happy to cruise DCL again
DCL: Wonder - January 2011, Dream - B2B April 2011, Wonder - April 2012 (MR), Wonder - Sept 2012 (Pixar Pacific Coast), Fantasy - June 2013 (Eastern), Wonder - May 2014 (Cruise to Nowhere), Wonder - August 2014 (Alaska)

Next Up:
jetskigrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 04:58 PM   #22
OrcaPotter
Lucky to be local to the Mouse

Point #1: You are never too old for Disney. Seriously.

Point #2: Does she enjoy Disney? Or at least, open to the Disney brand and being immersed in it? If so, she should love it.

Point #3: No matter what line you choose, you're going to encounter kids. I would say that I saw just as many kids on other lines as I did on Disney. Only there are dedicated spaces just for kids and adults on Disney, so you have no problems finding kid-free zones. Although, most lines have these options, also, so the kid issue is really no issue.

Point #4: If you love/like Disney, you will enjoy a DCL trip. If not, perhaps not as much. However, the company knows how to entertain and treat people, and maintain a product, so I find them a superior cruise.
OrcaPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 01:12 PM   #23
Danielletx
Earning My Ears

Thank you again!!
Danielletx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 03:28 PM   #24
MrsBoyer428
Mouseketeer

DH and I are cruising on the Fantasy for our anniversary next week, and we don't have children. I don't think you're ever too old for a Disney cruise.
Old 04-14-2013, 04:29 PM   #25
Danielletx
Earning My Ears

Strange question while I have y'alls attention.

Can I take my own reusable water bottle? I know they have their own cups they sell (which I will plan on getting!) but I would prefer to have one bottle specifically for water. I don't like single use bottles.

PS. I think y'all may have helped me convince my mom!!
Old 04-14-2013, 11:30 PM   #26
PKK/MJK
DIS Veteran

Yes, you can take a refillable water bottle. Just refill it for free at the soda station outside the top deck restaurant.

FYI on our last cruise one family had a sign on their door that one of the cruisers was 91 and on his first cruise. You are never to old. We our going on our 13th cruise in 6 years in June, all of them with one of our 3 daughters. the youngest who is 32 (We do not go with the grandkids, This is our treat for the DD and DH's)

Phil, I will turn 70 on our Oct. 26th cruise.

WDW--82,83,85,87,89,93,95,96, 97,98,99,00,01,02,03,04,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,12
DVC/OKW
PKK/MJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:18 AM   #27
N365PA
First rule of the bayou: never take directions from a gator.

My wife and I are 27 and 25 and we go on the cruises without kids.

Clint
June 29-July 10: Copenhagen-Dover Disney Magic

N365PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 01:44 AM   #28
cruzergirl
Earning My Ears

I am 36, single, with no children. My first cruise was the Magic with a good friend, and I'll be sailing my third mother/daughter cruise in May. No one is ever too old for Disney! We happily dress up for pirate night, wear our tiaras on prince/princess night, and never miss a photo op. As a hard working adult, I appreciate every penny spent on these vacations in a way I never would have been able to when I was a child
cruzergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 06:51 AM   #29
robhawk
DIS Veteran

Next cruise it DW and in inlaws aged 51 thru 80. Never too old!

I always bring my coffee mug to fill up at the drink station. That way I have a bigggg cup of morning coffee!
Old 08-13-2013, 03:01 PM   #30
Danielletx
Earning My Ears

So I figured I would ask some additional questions in my original thread I started.

So, am I understanding correctly that we get the same servers all week?

As you walk through the boat, do you feel it moving? Or only when standing still?

Also, I bought a copy of the Passporter book. It ended up being (the 8th edition) a copy that didn't have any info on Glaveston cruises. Anyone need a trade?! Hahaha!

Tags
adults only, cruise, woohoo

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: