Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2013, 02:25 AM   #16
Svhadden
Mouseketeer

We're staying at Pop in Sept, and already have our Magic Bands. I never received an email. I checked MDE randomly one day, and saw the option to customize our Magic Bands. I was like, "What Magic Bands?" Ha! Anyway, I customized our bands, we chose our FP+, and our bands shipped out very quickly. They were at my front door about a week after we customized them. The only email I received was to alert me that our bands had shipped--and they arrived at my door the same day I got the email (they shipped from Memphis and we live in the New Orleans area, so by the time the auto-email was sent, they were on the truck for delivery lol). Received our bands on Aug 1st.

Always dreaming about our yearly September trip .
Svhadden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 09:50 AM   #17
MightyGitis
Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svhadden View Post
We're staying at Pop in Sept, and already have our Magic Bands. I never received an email. I checked MDE randomly one day, and saw the option to customize our Magic Bands. I was like, "What Magic Bands?" Ha! Anyway, I customized our bands, we chose our FP+, and our bands shipped out very quickly. They were at my front door about a week after we customized them. The only email I received was to alert me that our bands had shipped--and they arrived at my door the same day I got the email (they shipped from Memphis and we live in the New Orleans area, so by the time the auto-email was sent, they were on the truck for delivery lol). Received our bands on Aug 1st.
Do you arrive in September or on like the last day of August?
Register to remove

Old 08-12-2013, 09:53 AM   #18
BeerMe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment View Post
My personal opinion, also, is that Bob Iger's public statements are prepared by the PR department and not by knowledgeable people.
PR departments run the world.

We've stayed at every resort on site except CS.
BeerMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 11:14 AM   #19
Svhadden
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyGitis View Post
Do you arrive in September or on like the last day of August?
Haha, ya know what, we DO check in on the last day of Aug. We've gone in Sept every.stinkin'.year. So it just rolls off my tongue to say we go in Sept every year. But yes, for the first time ever, we're checking in on the last day of Aug. So sorry for any confusion! Are the MB's not being tested by ppl checking in in Sept?

Old 08-12-2013, 11:33 AM   #20
MightyGitis
Jedi

Quote:

Haha, ya know what, we DO check in on the last day of Aug. We've gone in Sept every.stinkin'.year. So it just rolls off my tongue to say we go in Sept every year. But yes, for the first time ever, we're checking in on the last day of Aug. So sorry for any confusion! Are the MB's not being tested by ppl checking in in Sept?
September hotels haven't been announced for magic bands. But I knew Pop was testing for August dates. So that one day got you a magic band. Congrats!!
Old 08-12-2013, 11:42 AM   #21
Svhadden
Mouseketeer

Quote:
September hotels haven't been announced for magic bands. But I knew Pop was testing for August dates. So that one day got you a magic band. Congrats!!
Holy smokes, for real??? I haven't really been keeping up with the MB testing, just knew that some ppl got them, and some didn't. Had no idea it was tied to our check in date.

Really, I'm sort of excited about the bands themselves, not so excited about the FP+. I'm all for convenience, having everything tied to the MB, but while we were choosing our FP+'s, it was a bit disappointing. We aren't terribly spontaneous, but having to basically map out our entire day every day of our trip wasn't so magical . We like just a bit of leeway built into our day, but with FP+'s, it feels like we're tied to a schedule.

I'm hopeful that, as it is EVERY year in Sept, crowd levels are so low that we hardly use any FP, so maybe it won't be a big deal.

Just my $.02.

Old 08-12-2013, 11:44 AM   #22
MightyGitis
Jedi

Quote:

Holy smokes, for real??? I haven't really been keeping up with the MB testing, just knew that some ppl got them, and some didn't. Had no idea it was tied to our check in date.

Really, I'm sort of excited about the bands themselves, not so excited about the FP+. I'm all for convenience, having everything tied to the MB, but while we were choosing our FP+'s, it was a bit disappointing. We aren't terribly spontaneous, but having to basically map out our entire day every day of our trip wasn't so magical . We like just a bit of leeway built into our day, but with FP+'s, it feels like we're tied to a schedule.

I'm hopeful that, as it is EVERY year in Sept, crowd levels are so low that we hardly use any FP, so maybe it won't be a big deal.

Just my $.02.
Fortunately since the system is still being tested you can use your card key to get regular fast passes as well to supplement it. I'm hoping the FP+ system evolves I include more spontaneity an the ability I decide in park to grab a pass for an attraction. But for now you can just use both for maximum fast pass efficiency.
Old 08-12-2013, 12:43 PM   #23
monorailrabbit
Rabbits Rabbits Everywhere!

Quote:
Whew! I got scared for a minute! We are staying at Pop in Sept too and I was afraid I missed something... not that I really want them. Glad you guys got it cleared up that it actually is in Aug... I'm curious if since Pop was tested in Aug if they will just extend it and if so when people will be made aware.
Old 08-12-2013, 12:46 PM   #24
JoanneDisFan
Mouseketeer

I've heard typically 17 days out is when it happens. That would make Aug 15th the date to keep watching for Sept 1st. For me it would be Aug 29th.

Dec 2005- AS Movies, Sept 2008- Free Dining AS Movies, Oct 2011- Coronado Springs, Sept 2013-Free Dining Caribbean Beach,
(Me) (DH) (DD14) (DS 3)
JoanneDisFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 01:05 PM   #25
monorailrabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoanneDisFan View Post
I've heard typically 17 days out is when it happens. That would make Aug 15th the date to keep watching for Sept 1st. For me it would be Aug 29th.
I have read that as well. 17 seems like a weird magical number to me But it seems like it has been pretty consistent. Ugh now I have to do math to figure out 17 days from Sept 8!
Old 08-12-2013, 01:09 PM   #26
MightyGitis
Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by monorailrabbit View Post

I have read that as well. 17 seems like a weird magical number to me But it seems like it has been pretty consistent. Ugh now I have to do math to figure out 17 days from Sept 8!
Next Friday for you. I only know because I'm the 4th and I'm waiting on Monday. >.<
Old 08-12-2013, 01:53 PM   #27
monorailrabbit

Quote:
Next Friday for you. I only know because I'm the 4th and I'm waiting on Monday. >.<
Haha thank you! Now, take this as you will, but: I just got off the phone with a CM - I had to call and add PP+ the website wouldnt let me (go figure) and he asked if I was excited about FP+ and if I had picked out my magic bands. I told him no, it wasn't an option for me and I knew about the testing at Pop in Aug but hadn't heard about Sept. He said he was very sure that Pop would continue to have them through Sept and to keep an eye on the website to add the bands and choose my FP+...
Old 08-12-2013, 03:17 PM   #28
hebbynan
Chase and Eli's Mom

I really hope WL gets to do it in September. My boys have been bugging me about them - I don't know why cause DH and I could care less about it. LOL Any idea when/where they would announce the testing hotels for September?

WL February 2017 for DS high school band trip * WL 2013*ASMo 2011/2010/2006*FW 2007*SoG 2000*Off Site 1998
hebbynan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 03:30 PM   #29
MightyGitis
Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by hebbynan View Post
I really hope WL gets to do it in September. My boys have been bugging me about them - I don't know why cause DH and I could care less about it. LOL Any idea when/where they would announce the testing hotels for September?
I'm also hoping for Wilderness Lodge. I think we will know by the end of this week if the 17 day before pattern hold. BUT we called the hotel and asked and when we did they took down our info as an "interested party" not sure what that will do for us. Or if enough people at one hotel are interested they test there first.
Old 08-12-2013, 04:55 PM   #30
hebbynan
Chase and Eli's Mom

Quote:
I'm also hoping for Wilderness Lodge. I think we will know by the end of this week if the 17 day before pattern hold. BUT we called the hotel and asked and when we did they took down our info as an "interested party" not sure what that will do for us. Or if enough people at one hotel are interested they test there first.
Well, I have to call anyway tonight about my Mickey Mail (it still has all the paperwork for the Poly in it! Argh!) so maybe I'll just let them know that we too would be interested in testing them!! That would add more of us to the list!! Thanks for the quick response!

WL February 2017 for DS high school band trip * WL 2013*ASMo 2011/2010/2006*FW 2007*SoG 2000*Off Site 1998
hebbynan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: