Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2013, 01:41 PM   #16
tweis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by arone View Post
what are the average prices of stuff at the gift shops?
Im sure I have to prepare for the kids to get something there
And we are planning on having a drink of the day each day
So I have to add that to the budget

But really besides that having the gratuities paid, I dont see much we could spend cash on except pictures

Do you guys think $600 for the 3 days be enough?
Are you referring to your onboard account or things you specifically need to pay with cash?

We took maybe $100 on our 3 night cruise and probably the same amount for our 5 night. The only things we used cash for was souvenirs in Nassau. Everything else is charged to your shipboard account which varies depending on what you do/purchase. When just DH and I sailed without our children on a 3 night our bill was $260. That included adult dining in Palo, mixology, bikes on Castaway Cay, regular gratuities, room service tips, specialty coffees and alcoholic drinks. We had onboard credit from our TA and we applied a gift card to our account immediately after boarding so we actually had very little to pay at the end of the cruise.

When all 4 of us took a 5 night last year the total bill was less than $100 BUT we prepaid gratuities ($240). We bought a couple of photos, the boys each got a sword in the gift shop, we bought souvenir cups, tips for room service and I think that was it. We used cash in Nassau for souvenirs.

What you spend really depends on what you are planning to do.

3 Night Disney Dream May 2013 Trip report W/Navigators Link is broken so "google" "Our dreamy anniversary cruise"

5 Night Disney Dream Double Dip June 2012
tweis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 02:17 PM   #17
arone
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweis View Post
Are you referring to your onboard account or things you specifically need to pay with cash?

We took maybe $100 on our 3 night cruise and probably the same amount for our 5 night. The only things we used cash for was souvenirs in Nassau. Everything else is charged to your shipboard account which varies depending on what you do/purchase. When just DH and I sailed without our children on a 3 night our bill was $260. That included adult dining in Palo, mixology, bikes on Castaway Cay, regular gratuities, room service tips, specialty coffees and alcoholic drinks. We had onboard credit from our TA and we applied a gift card to our account immediately after boarding so we actually had very little to pay at the end of the cruise.

When all 4 of us took a 5 night last year the total bill was less than $100 BUT we prepaid gratuities ($240). We bought a couple of photos, the boys each got a sword in the gift shop, we bought souvenir cups, tips for room service and I think that was it. We used cash in Nassau for souvenirs.

What you spend really depends on what you are planning to do.
yes thats what I was referring to

And thank you for your response it was very helpful!
arone is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: