Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-12-2013, 11:57 AM   #1
arone
Mouseketeer
 
arone's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Vero Beach
Posts: 83

Pictures?

Can you show me what you wore for dinner on your Disney cruise please?
I am sailing on the Dream in May 2014 and have no clue what to wear
Thanks in advance :-)
arone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 12:05 PM   #2
epfootballcutie04
DiSnEy PrInCeSs
 
epfootballcutie04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,630



This is a photo of our group in Royal Palace... my hubby and I are the ones in the middle. I was wearing a dress, all brown, no big deal.



Before dinner, can't remember which night.



what we did for pirates night at animators
__________________
Contemporary *1st time to Disney!*- 92...Poly/Wonder Cruise- 01...Sailing on the Magic- 05...Going Home! SSR/OKW- 06...SSR- 07...Pop!- 09...**Disney College Program Spring Advantage!**- 09...All Star Music- 09...SSR/MNSSHP- 10...All Star Movies *Wedding Planning!*- 11...**Married my Prince Charming at WDW!**- Nov 11..Disney Dream- Oct 12...Disney Fantasy MutinEARS- Nov 13...Rockin the Dock Fantasy Sailing- Oct 14

Disney Fantasy Trip Report: November 2nd-9th 2013:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3222476
epfootballcutie04 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-12-2013, 12:11 PM   #3
epfootballcutie04
DiSnEy PrInCeSs
 
epfootballcutie04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,630

whoa, sorry those photos are so big!!

Basically you can where almost anything...

I saw women in full blown formal wedding attire/prom style dresses, day dresses, cocktail style dresses... nice shirt and skirts, nice shirt and dress pants or nice capris...

Men in polos, nice shirts, button up shirts, ties, sport jackets, tuxes, khaki shorts, etc.

You'll see a wide variety. The Disboards are FULL of a wide variety of opinions on what is acceptable and what isn't. The cruise line prefers that you don't wear flip flops, shorts and basically "beach wear". No swimming suits, etc.

However, I have seen that type of attire in the dining rooms.... so it does happen.

I would recommend wearing nice, yet comfortable clothing. Traditionally, dining on cruises was a very formal experience. it has been much more relaxed as the years go on, but it's still nice to dress up and remember to enjoy a truly exceptional experience :-)
__________________
Contemporary *1st time to Disney!*- 92...Poly/Wonder Cruise- 01...Sailing on the Magic- 05...Going Home! SSR/OKW- 06...SSR- 07...Pop!- 09...**Disney College Program Spring Advantage!**- 09...All Star Music- 09...SSR/MNSSHP- 10...All Star Movies *Wedding Planning!*- 11...**Married my Prince Charming at WDW!**- Nov 11..Disney Dream- Oct 12...Disney Fantasy MutinEARS- Nov 13...Rockin the Dock Fantasy Sailing- Oct 14

Disney Fantasy Trip Report: November 2nd-9th 2013:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3222476
epfootballcutie04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 12:11 PM   #4
arone
Mouseketeer
 
arone's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Vero Beach
Posts: 83

Quote:
Originally Posted by epfootballcutie04 View Post


This is a photo of our group in Royal Palace... my hubby and I are the ones in the middle. I was wearing a dress, all brown, no big deal.



Before dinner, can't remember which night.



what we did for pirates night at animators
Love it you guys looked great!!!!! thanks for sharing :-)
arone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 12:18 PM   #5
TwinPrincessMermaids
DIS Veteran
 
TwinPrincessMermaids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: KY
Posts: 3,465

This was night one, Animator's Palette. We picked BRIGHT ARTSY colors to wear and sundresses are super easy to throw on over head (and a bit more comfy then button pants for sampling all the yummy food!)




Pirate night, we dressed like pirate wenches. It was fun! Arrr!



PS I will be skipping the corset next year in favor for a wide 'stretchy' belt..ahem... I just intend to enjoy my dinner (and the pirate buffet we missed!) a bit more than the corset would allow me to do... but it was still fun! We stayed in the outfits for most of the night, including Karaoke & some club dancing (ala WOBBLE)

This is the Royal Palace night. To be honest, I never had any idea when the so called semi formal night was. I just picked my outfits to coordinate with the dinner theme that night, and this knee length semi fancy dress and tiara worked perfectly for Royal Palace night. It worked even better for the Princess Gathering photos too! And whenever we weren't wearing Pirate attire, we ALWAYS wore a tasteful mini tiara! So much fun! You can pick them up at Charming Charlies or Claire's and these ones had hidden mickeys since our older sis bought them for us on the ship! The pink hidden mickey tiara is DEFINITELY going to be with me for WDW too!



I am glad my honey will be able to wear nice looking shorts with his polo shirts (because he always goes back to the room to change which is a time taker) so he is happy. I will still be dressing 'cruise' attire with fun comfy dresses (and my tights underneath! Tights are a MUST) and my sparkly pink flip flops were comfy and not too casual. I like sparkly stuff too and my 'fancy' princess dress wasn't any different then wearing a cute dress too.

But I wore scrubs to work for 7 yrs, and I'm happy to dress cute in my new job and ESPECIALLY with picture taking on a trip!!

Woohoo! I'm also down 10 pounds since May!
__________________
~05/14 DCL Magic Castaway Cay, WDW & SeaWorld Anniversary Mermaid trip ~ 04/13 DCL Dream & WDW ~ 02/13 CCL Dream V.I.s & WDW ~ 02/12 CCL Conquest Jamaica & Grand Cayman ~ 02/11 CCL Triumph Roatan ~ 09/08 Saratoga Springs WDW ~ 01/07 CCL Holiday Costa Maya~ 11/05 WDW ~ 10/04 Hurricane Ivan Getaway at WDW ~ 12/02 RCCL Legend OTS Hawaii ~ 01/02 WDW, Universal, SeaWorld ~ 6/00 Renais. CL Barcelona - Portugal ~ 99 RCCL Grandeur OTS East Carib.~ 93 RCCL Sovereign OTS East Carib. ~ Many previous family WDW trips~

Last edited by TwinPrincessMermaids; 08-12-2013 at 12:36 PM.
TwinPrincessMermaids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 01:00 PM   #6
arone
Mouseketeer
 
arone's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Vero Beach
Posts: 83

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinPrincessMermaids View Post
This was night one, Animator's Palette. We picked BRIGHT ARTSY colors to wear and sundresses are super easy to throw on over head (and a bit more comfy then button pants for sampling all the yummy food!)




Pirate night, we dressed like pirate wenches. It was fun! Arrr!



PS I will be skipping the corset next year in favor for a wide 'stretchy' belt..ahem... I just intend to enjoy my dinner (and the pirate buffet we missed!) a bit more than the corset would allow me to do... but it was still fun! We stayed in the outfits for most of the night, including Karaoke & some club dancing (ala WOBBLE)

This is the Royal Palace night. To be honest, I never had any idea when the so called semi formal night was. I just picked my outfits to coordinate with the dinner theme that night, and this knee length semi fancy dress and tiara worked perfectly for Royal Palace night. It worked even better for the Princess Gathering photos too! And whenever we weren't wearing Pirate attire, we ALWAYS wore a tasteful mini tiara! So much fun! You can pick them up at Charming Charlies or Claire's and these ones had hidden mickeys since our older sis bought them for us on the ship! The pink hidden mickey tiara is DEFINITELY going to be with me for WDW too!



I am glad my honey will be able to wear nice looking shorts with his polo shirts (because he always goes back to the room to change which is a time taker) so he is happy. I will still be dressing 'cruise' attire with fun comfy dresses (and my tights underneath! Tights are a MUST) and my sparkly pink flip flops were comfy and not too casual. I like sparkly stuff too and my 'fancy' princess dress wasn't any different then wearing a cute dress too.

But I wore scrubs to work for 7 yrs, and I'm happy to dress cute in my new job and ESPECIALLY with picture taking on a trip!!

Woohoo! I'm also down 10 pounds since May!
beautiful thanks for sharing!
arone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 01:55 PM   #7
disprincess4ever
DIS Veteran
 
disprincess4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Storybrook
Posts: 554


Just try to wear church clothes and you should be ok! A sun dress, or skirt for women; even some kakis would be fine. For men, kakis and a polo or button down shirt. Even Kaki shorts for boys would be ok. Just don't wear jeans, sweats, tennis shoes, or baseball caps to dinner
__________________



Disney Fantasy: 7 night Western Caribbean June 2012
Disney Magic: 12 night Mediterranean w/ Venice June 2013, 4 night Bahaman April 2014
disprincess4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 01:56 PM   #8
Turbanator
Disney Fan
 
Turbanator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 783

Awesome pics arone, disprincess4ever and everyone
__________________
LOL
~The Turbanator - No.1 Disney & Disboards Fan~
Turbanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 01:59 PM   #9
TwinPrincessMermaids
DIS Veteran
 
TwinPrincessMermaids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: KY
Posts: 3,465

You can tell DisPrincess4ever has a dancer or pageant background! Lovely poses.
__________________
~05/14 DCL Magic Castaway Cay, WDW & SeaWorld Anniversary Mermaid trip ~ 04/13 DCL Dream & WDW ~ 02/13 CCL Dream V.I.s & WDW ~ 02/12 CCL Conquest Jamaica & Grand Cayman ~ 02/11 CCL Triumph Roatan ~ 09/08 Saratoga Springs WDW ~ 01/07 CCL Holiday Costa Maya~ 11/05 WDW ~ 10/04 Hurricane Ivan Getaway at WDW ~ 12/02 RCCL Legend OTS Hawaii ~ 01/02 WDW, Universal, SeaWorld ~ 6/00 Renais. CL Barcelona - Portugal ~ 99 RCCL Grandeur OTS East Carib.~ 93 RCCL Sovereign OTS East Carib. ~ Many previous family WDW trips~
TwinPrincessMermaids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 02:09 PM   #10
arone
Mouseketeer
 
arone's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Vero Beach
Posts: 83

Quote:
Originally Posted by disprincess4ever View Post

Just try to wear church clothes and you should be ok! A sun dress, or skirt for women; even some kakis would be fine. For men, kakis and a polo or button down shirt. Even Kaki shorts for boys would be ok. Just don't wear jeans, sweats, tennis shoes, or baseball caps to dinner
so pretty thanks for sharing
arone is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:27 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.