Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2013, 02:18 AM   #1
amystevekai&bump
DIS Veteran

Magic's gym?

Hi all

Does anyone know if the Magic's gym is open on port days in the med?

I read somewhere (i think it was on the DCL site but might be mistaken) that it is open from 6am to 8pm daily except when it's docked. Does that mean disembarkation day or port days too?

Plus I have never been to a gym, but have lost over 80lbs in the last 12mths and am scared about putting too much weight on once I am cruising for 2 weeks!! Are there other newbies like me who use the gym or am I going to be really out of place with all the really fit people?!!

Many thanks for any advice

NEXT TRIPS: August 2015 - Aulani and Disneyland / Aug 2016 - Portofino/BLT/Jambo

Between Oct 1979 & Dec 2013 - approx 27 trips (including Bay Lake Towers, Polynesian, Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo & Kidani, Beach club villas, Grand Floridian Villas, Contemporary Resort, Grand Floridian, Caribbean Beach Resort, Coronado Springs, All Stars Sports, off site hotels (inc Royal Pacific, Portofino, Hard Rock hotel!!) and villas)

PLUS - Disney Cruises x 6, Disney's Vero Beach resort, DLP x 10 visits & Disneyland California x 1 visit - And our 1998 Disney Wedding at the Wedding Pavillion!!
amystevekai&bump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 06:30 AM   #2
asemaria
Mouseketeer

Hi!

The gym is open when in port in the Med. I know; I was there when almost everybody else was in Rome. I was completely alone!

Congratulations on your weightloss! You will not feel out of place, there will be all kind of newbies and experienced people working out.

Have a great cruise!
WDW 2012 POFQ
DCL Fantasy Western Carribean april 2012
asemaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 07:34 AM   #3
amystevekai&bump
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by asemaria View Post
Hi!

The gym is open when in port in the Med. I know; I was there when almost everybody else was in Rome. I was completely alone!

Congratulations on your weightloss! You will not feel out of place, there will be all kind of newbies and experienced people working out.

Have a great cruise!
Thanks ever so much for replying Really glad it will be open on port days - as we're not getting off everyday & I will need to do some form of exercise to counteract all that yummy cruise food!

NEXT TRIPS: August 2015 - Aulani and Disneyland / Aug 2016 - Portofino/BLT/Jambo

Between Oct 1979 & Dec 2013 - approx 27 trips (including Bay Lake Towers, Polynesian, Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo & Kidani, Beach club villas, Grand Floridian Villas, Contemporary Resort, Grand Floridian, Caribbean Beach Resort, Coronado Springs, All Stars Sports, off site hotels (inc Royal Pacific, Portofino, Hard Rock hotel!!) and villas)

PLUS - Disney Cruises x 6, Disney's Vero Beach resort, DLP x 10 visits & Disneyland California x 1 visit - And our 1998 Disney Wedding at the Wedding Pavillion!!
amystevekai&bump is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: