Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-11-2013, 04:31 PM   #1
acamechis
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 96

Important infortmation about Dining rotations

If you are going to be on a DCL during the "Halloween" activities make sure you get your dining rotation verified. Our meet up group just discovered there will be a difference on the 7 night western Caribbean on the Fantasy on our October 26 2013 sailing. Normally there is two nights that you will go to the same MDR back to back. For example rotation 1 "AERAEER" rotation 2"RAERAAE" rotation 3 "ERAERRA". Well due to Halloween activities DCL had changed to schedule to one that looks like this rotation 1 "RAERAER" rotation 2 "AERAERA" an rotation 3 "ERAERAE" so there is no doubling up. We have already had multiple people in our group confirm this with DCL. I know people like to schedule adult dining's around there MDR schedule so I thought I would get out the information. Make sure when you call DCL you ask them to verify the dining rotations for the "Halloween" cruise. Your CM will have to look the information up in order to see there is a different dining rotation happening. Hope this helps some people. We have a DS who loves Animators palate and we had schedule a Night at Palo's, if we hadn't found this information out we would have missed out on a night at Animators!
__________________
acamechis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 05:55 PM   #2
Wendy&Grumpy
Is there any better place to live than Mickey's backyard?
 
Wendy&Grumpy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Gotha, Florida
Posts: 1,355

Quote:
Originally Posted by acamechis View Post
If you are going to be on a DCL during the "Halloween" activities make sure you get your dining rotation verified. Our meet up group just discovered there will be a difference on the 7 night western Caribbean on the Fantasy on our October 26 2013 sailing. Normally there is two nights that you will go to the same MDR back to back. For example rotation 1 "AERAEER" rotation 2"RAERAAE" rotation 3 "ERAERRA". Well due to Halloween activities DCL had changed to schedule to one that looks like this rotation 1 "RAERAER" rotation 2 "AERAERA" an rotation 3 "ERAERAE" so there is no doubling up. We have already had multiple people in our group confirm this with DCL. I know people like to schedule adult dining's around there MDR schedule so I thought I would get out the information. Make sure when you call DCL you ask them to verify the dining rotations for the "Halloween" cruise. Your CM will have to look the information up in order to see there is a different dining rotation happening. Hope this helps some people. We have a DS who loves Animators palate and we had schedule a Night at Palo's, if we hadn't found this information out we would have missed out on a night at Animators!
These appear to be the standard Eastern Caribbean rotations. Can anyone verify this?
__________________
Etsy/Ebay: PixieDustedStitches

One should always have a getaway to look forward to - even if it's just one night!!

Fort Wilderness December 2012 ~ Disney Dream October 2012 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge August/September 2012 ~ Contemporary July 2012 ~ Coronado Springs May 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy April 2012 ~ Disney Dream January 2012 ~ Port Orleans French Quarter December 2011 ~ Boardwalk Inn November 2011 ~ Disney Dream October 2011 ~ Wilderness Lodge August/September 2011 ~ Caribbean Beach April 2011 ~ Beach Club March 2011 ~ Disney Dream February 2011 ~ Pop Century December 2010 ~ All Star Music July/August 2008 ~ Villas at the Disney Institute December 1997
Wendy&Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-11-2013, 06:07 PM   #3
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran
 
PrincessShmoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 15,082

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy&Grumpy View Post
These appear to be the standard Eastern Caribbean rotations. Can anyone verify this?
Well, here's some information originally posted by lbgraves:

FANTASY DINING ROTATIONS

Western A/Eastern A/Eastern B:
RAERAER
AERAERA
ERAERAE

Night 1 - Rotation menu /Crush if in AP
Night 2 - Rotation menu [formal night] /Crush if in AP
Night 3 - Rotation menu /Crush if in AP
Night 4 - Pirate menu
Night 5 - Prince & Princess menu / Animation if in AP
Night 6 - Captain's Gala [semiformal night] / Animation if in AP
Night 7 - See You Real Soon menu / Animation if in AP

Western B:
RAERAAE
AERAEER
ERAERRA

Night 1 - Rotation menu /Crush if in AP
Night 2 - Rotation menu [formal night] /Crush if in AP
Night 3 - Rotation menu /Crush if in AP
Night 4 - Prince & Princess menu / Animation if in AP
Night 5 - Pirate menu
Night 6 - Captain's Gala [semiformal night] / Animation if in AP
Night 7 - See You Real Soon menu / Animation if in AP

So, the Western A itinerary is different than the Western B itinerary, apparently.
__________________

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 06:49 PM   #4
Wendy&Grumpy
Is there any better place to live than Mickey's backyard?
 
Wendy&Grumpy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Gotha, Florida
Posts: 1,355

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo View Post
Well, here's some information originally posted by lbgraves:

FANTASY DINING ROTATIONS

Western A/Eastern A/Eastern B:
RAERAER
AERAERA
ERAERAE

Night 1 - Rotation menu /Crush if in AP
Night 2 - Rotation menu [formal night] /Crush if in AP
Night 3 - Rotation menu /Crush if in AP
Night 4 - Pirate menu
Night 5 - Prince & Princess menu / Animation if in AP
Night 6 - Captain's Gala [semiformal night] / Animation if in AP
Night 7 - See You Real Soon menu / Animation if in AP

Western B:
RAERAAE
AERAEER
ERAERRA

Night 1 - Rotation menu /Crush if in AP
Night 2 - Rotation menu [formal night] /Crush if in AP
Night 3 - Rotation menu /Crush if in AP
Night 4 - Prince & Princess menu / Animation if in AP
Night 5 - Pirate menu
Night 6 - Captain's Gala [semiformal night] / Animation if in AP
Night 7 - See You Real Soon menu / Animation if in AP

So, the Western A itinerary is different than the Western B itinerary, apparently.
Thank you PrincessShmoo!!!
__________________
Etsy/Ebay: PixieDustedStitches

One should always have a getaway to look forward to - even if it's just one night!!

Fort Wilderness December 2012 ~ Disney Dream October 2012 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge August/September 2012 ~ Contemporary July 2012 ~ Coronado Springs May 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy April 2012 ~ Disney Dream January 2012 ~ Port Orleans French Quarter December 2011 ~ Boardwalk Inn November 2011 ~ Disney Dream October 2011 ~ Wilderness Lodge August/September 2011 ~ Caribbean Beach April 2011 ~ Beach Club March 2011 ~ Disney Dream February 2011 ~ Pop Century December 2010 ~ All Star Music July/August 2008 ~ Villas at the Disney Institute December 1997
Wendy&Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 06:56 PM   #5
Dug720
SQUIRREL!!
 
Dug720's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,546

They do change up rotations from time to time. I called the other day and put a request on my 4-night reservation for Animator's twice (Pixar geek here, so I LOVE looking at everything in there!) and was told "That's rotation 1. I have it noted." I didn't think to ask "What is rotation 1?" (so I can plan out a dinner at Palo) until after I hung up the phone. I called back a couple of days later and first got someone who was totally useless (she kept saying "You can't book Palo through me." like that's all she heard even when I said "I would just like to know what 'rotation 1' is.). Thanked her anyway, and hung up intending to call back. The next call wouldn't you know it, I got her again. So I hung up and called back and got a very nice CM who actually listened to my question and wasn't sure what I was asking at first, but said she would look. I repeated my question and she said that the rotations hadn't been set up yet besides which rotation had which MDR twice. So it seems like they do change them up on occasion.
__________________
Dug720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 07:03 PM   #6
supercrossfox21
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: OC, CA
Posts: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by acamechis View Post
If you are going to be on a DCL during the "Halloween" activities make sure you get your dining rotation verified. Our meet up group just discovered there will be a difference on the 7 night western Caribbean on the Fantasy on our October 26 2013 sailing. Normally there is two nights that you will go to the same MDR back to back. For example rotation 1 "AERAEER" rotation 2"RAERAAE" rotation 3 "ERAERRA". Well due to Halloween activities DCL had changed to schedule to one that looks like this rotation 1 "RAERAER" rotation 2 "AERAERA" an rotation 3 "ERAERAE" so there is no doubling up. We have already had multiple people in our group confirm this with DCL. I know people like to schedule adult dining's around there MDR schedule so I thought I would get out the information. Make sure when you call DCL you ask them to verify the dining rotations for the "Halloween" cruise. Your CM will have to look the information up in order to see there is a different dining rotation happening. Hope this helps some people. We have a DS who loves Animators palate and we had schedule a Night at Palo's, if we hadn't found this information out we would have missed out on a night at Animators!
Does anyone know if a halloween sailing will affect a eastern sailing, since those rotations never double up the MDR? We are on the sept 21 fantasy and it will be the first sailing doing halloween. We requested rotation 2
supercrossfox21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 07:27 PM   #7
Wendy&Grumpy
Is there any better place to live than Mickey's backyard?
 
Wendy&Grumpy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Gotha, Florida
Posts: 1,355

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercrossfox21 View Post
Does anyone know if a halloween sailing will affect a eastern sailing, since those rotations never double up the MDR? We are on the sept 21 fantasy and it will be the first sailing doing halloween. We requested rotation 2
It appears that the Western rotations will be the same as the standard Eastern rotations,so it would appear that the Eastern rotations will stay the same. Hopefully we will get confirmation soon!
__________________
Etsy/Ebay: PixieDustedStitches

One should always have a getaway to look forward to - even if it's just one night!!

Fort Wilderness December 2012 ~ Disney Dream October 2012 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge August/September 2012 ~ Contemporary July 2012 ~ Coronado Springs May 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy April 2012 ~ Disney Dream January 2012 ~ Port Orleans French Quarter December 2011 ~ Boardwalk Inn November 2011 ~ Disney Dream October 2011 ~ Wilderness Lodge August/September 2011 ~ Caribbean Beach April 2011 ~ Beach Club March 2011 ~ Disney Dream February 2011 ~ Pop Century December 2010 ~ All Star Music July/August 2008 ~ Villas at the Disney Institute December 1997
Wendy&Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 08:47 PM   #8
jjgarv
Gotta get away to where the boat leaves from...
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Central PA
Posts: 1,564

I wonder if the change will only affect the OP's western sailing, as that sailing actually includes Halloween (10/31). Perhaps they want to avoid formal night (or somthing like that...) falling on Halloween...?
__________________
Honeymoon 4/00 4 Day Magic and Wilderness Lodge; 3/02 7 Day Eastern Magic; 11/02 Beach Club Villas; 11/04 7 day Western Magic; 10/05 4 Day Wonder and 3 Day at Saratoga Springs; 9/06 7 Day Twice the Magic--2x Castaway Cay; 11/07 7 Day Eastern Magic; 9/08 7 Western Double Dip--2x Castaway Cay; 5/09 Villas at AKL; 10/09 7 Day Eastern Magic to St Croix; 4/10 7 Day Caribbean Princess for 10th Anniversary; 10/10 7 Day Western Magic; 10/11 7 Days B2B on the Dream; 10/12 7 Day Eastern Fantasy; 3/12 DVC Villas at Aulani; 10/13 7 Day Western Fantasy; 10/14 7 Day Western Fantasy to Jamaica
jjgarv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 08:51 PM   #9
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran
 
PrincessShmoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 15,082

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjgarv View Post
I wonder if the change will only affect the OP's western sailing, as that sailing actually includes Halloween (10/31). Perhaps they want to avoid formal night (or somthing like that...) falling on Halloween...?
That wouldn't make a difference. Formal night is formal night in all MDRs. Changing the order of the MDRs in the rotation wouldn't change that.
__________________

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 09:09 PM   #10
Wendy&Grumpy
Is there any better place to live than Mickey's backyard?
 
Wendy&Grumpy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Gotha, Florida
Posts: 1,355

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo View Post
That wouldn't make a difference. Formal night is formal night in all MDRs. Changing the order of the MDRs in the rotation wouldn't change that.
It appears they're wanting to change night six. Shall we speculate on why that might be?

For me, it really doesn't make much sense... there's going to be a group of people in each dining room each night regardless of what else is going on!!!
__________________
Etsy/Ebay: PixieDustedStitches

One should always have a getaway to look forward to - even if it's just one night!!

Fort Wilderness December 2012 ~ Disney Dream October 2012 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge August/September 2012 ~ Contemporary July 2012 ~ Coronado Springs May 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy April 2012 ~ Disney Dream January 2012 ~ Port Orleans French Quarter December 2011 ~ Boardwalk Inn November 2011 ~ Disney Dream October 2011 ~ Wilderness Lodge August/September 2011 ~ Caribbean Beach April 2011 ~ Beach Club March 2011 ~ Disney Dream February 2011 ~ Pop Century December 2010 ~ All Star Music July/August 2008 ~ Villas at the Disney Institute December 1997
Wendy&Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 09:10 PM   #11
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran
 
PrincessShmoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 15,082

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy&Grumpy View Post
It appears they're wanting to change night six. Shall we speculate on why that might be?

For me, it really doesn't make much sense... there's going to be a group of people in each dining room each night regardless of what else is going on!!!
Exactly.
__________________

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 10:30 PM   #12
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!
 
lbgraves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 48,016

Halloween falls on Thursday that week. Maybe they want to move semiformal night around so people can dress up formally another night and dress up for Halloween Thursday?
__________________
Lisa

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV 3/31/2012, E 3/23/2013


DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August
Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 11:24 PM   #13
DisneyDudet
Disney Music Addict!
 
DisneyDudet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 856

I am on this sailing and voiced in our group... What could possibly be going on on Thursday that we have to change the rotation?

And... Since pirate night it still on night 5, it looks like pirate night will happen in AP during the Animation Magic show night for the rotation that has AP on night 5.
__________________

Morgan, RN
Next up:
Princess Half Marathon- CSR and AKL-K
Off Site-6/90, 1/03, 6/09, 8/09, 2/11 POFQ-6/92, 12/08, ASMu-6/95, POR-6/97, 6/00, FW, 6/02, BWI-6/02, 2/13, Dolphin-6/03, 10/13 AKL-12/03, 12/05, 12/10, 2/11, 2/12 WL-5-6/05, ASSp-1/06, Swan-10/07, POP-9/08, 1/09, 4-5/09, 1/12, 12/12, ASMo-1/10, CBR-3/09, OKW-12/09, 3/10, 1/11, 6/11, BLT-6/10, 12/12, 10/13 Kidani-5/11, AoA-10/13,DLR-6/06, 9/09, 9/10, 9/11, 12/11, 9/12 DLParis-12/07, DCL-Wonder-5/02, 6/08 Magic-1/07, 6/09, Dream-2/11, Fantasy- 5/12, 10/13
"Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic." Sam Eagle (Muppet 3D)


Proud DVC Owner at Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort!

DisneyDudet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 11:29 PM   #14
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!
 
lbgraves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 48,016

Nothing special happens in the dining rooms on pirate night on the Fantasy, so it won't detract from the Animation show.
__________________
Lisa

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV 3/31/2012, E 3/23/2013


DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August
Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 08:19 AM   #15
gumbo1009
...flawed product of a deranged mind...
 
gumbo1009's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 379

Christmas rotation on Fantasy 2013 has also been "tailored" - Christmas night falls on Pirate Night, so they are moving Pirate Night and have changed the MDR rotations to accommodate.
__________________
Me (Mom)
DD
gumbo1009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:57 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.