Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2013, 03:04 PM   #16
TempusFugit
Are you a fan of delicious flavor?

Bueller?.....Bueller?.........

Want to split a pineapple?
TempusFugit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 10:02 PM   #17
JennLK
DIS Veteran

So...what did you book?

Cruise: Fantasy 8/14 * MSC Divina 4/14 * Norwegian Breakaway 1/14 * Magic 11/13 * Fantasy 9/12 * Dream 1/12 * Dream 2/11
WDW: Off-site (Bonnet Creek) 01/13 and 11/11 SSR 1/11 and CSR/CBR 12/06-1/07
JennLK is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-09-2013, 06:48 AM   #18
TempusFugit

Wow! Sorry guys. I had made a somewhat long follow up post from my phone. It's not here so I'm doubting it made it through. I really hope it didn't get listed till the wrong forum. (Yikes!)

I'll post again when I'm at work and get my hands on a solid keyboard.

Old 08-09-2013, 08:51 AM   #19
TempusFugit

OK, that's better.

This may be a little abbreviated from my first attempt but I thought I'd share with the Miami Magic crew. I didn't expect everything to be immediately booked due to the (hopefully) lower numbers of passengers on this sailing. However, I am not a gambler and there a couple of things I didn't want to leave to chance. Sooooo..after a long work week and the boys were in bed and DW and I had finished "house business" I was on the couch, had my bloodshot eyes on the laptop with Psych reruns playing off the DVR just before midnight. And no, "house business" is not a euphemism for reason we have sons (but I now like that as a future code phrase). Katie was curled up next to me and had already drifted off while the OCD corner of my brain kicked into overdrive. Mental checkoff - passports, airline documents and DCL reservation info all prepped and ready to go. I wasn't too distracted by the TV. I already knew where the pineapple was in this episode. After logging in, a few clicks of the refresh button and I was in.

It was remarkably easy actually. Being able to complete check-in and make reservations at the same time was a huge plus considering last year one was available and midnight and the other not until 3am. There was no way I was making it that far so would chance it but DCL finally ironed out that wrinkle. We scored the coveted 11am port arrival. . This was a big one for us as we'll be down before and, while Miami is nice, we'll have see what we want of it and will be ready to go. Plus I have to get on and make my reservations for mixology and martini tasting before lunch. Who doesn't right? I also booked the only other requirement, Palo brunch. This is easily the best meal we've had on a cruise regardless of line and we'll be there the second sea day. We'll be celebrating our anniversary so I made a reservation for Palo dinner as well. The only excursion I booked was for Grand Cayman, the Nemo underwater tour and snorkel. We both really like to snorkel but I'm sitting on
the fence about keeping this one. We've been on several cruises but this will be our first visit to GC and I'd really like to see some of the island. I'm open to, and would appreciate any suggestions, perhaps for Cozumel, if you have any.

That pretty much wraps it up for us. Though I mentioned it in jest we really enjoy the martini and other tastings and will probably book a couple of those once we board. They're a blast. Last year we actually got a number of us from our FE group to do the martini together- fun and great way to get to know each other. We'd love any of the crew here to join us.

So guys, how did you do? Good PAT or activities booked? I can't be the only maniac.

Last edited by TempusFugit; 08-09-2013 at 08:05 PM.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:05 PM   #20
TempusFugit

Ps. I forgot earlier, I booked the exotic rasul spa treatment. We've read tons of great things about that one!

Old 08-10-2013, 03:41 PM   #21
MrsMork
Proud Old Geezer

We are joining you!!! It will be myself and DH, Dennis with son, Jeff (35) and grandson, Aaron (turns 14 on the cruise!) in another room. This will be number 15 Disney cruise for Dennis and I, number 2 for Jeff and number 4 for Aaron. (grandma and grandpa like to take him along once in awhile. )
Looks like we may not have too much of a crowd. We are platinum, but need to make a final payment before we can book anything onboard. We just booked today and will get payment made within a week. This will be our first trip to GC. We have done the western once, but that one went to Costa Maya instead of GC. Look forward to meeting everyone.

Disney Cruise 1999, 2000, 2002, twice in 2003, 10 Day 2004, Dec 2005, Dec 2006, Dec 2007, WB PC May 2008,WBTA 2010,Alaska 2011,Hawaii 2012,WBPC May2013,Jan 2014,Oct 2104,Dec 2014
MrsMork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 09:13 PM   #22
TempusFugit

Hello and welcome! This will be our first visit to GC as well. Yes, it does look like we'll have a smaller group but that will be rather refreshing after our cruise last year. It will be just DW and myself this cruise. We'll be celebrating our anniversary and the pursuit of the perfect cocktail. Looking forward to meeting you all as well. Welcome aboard!

Old 08-10-2013, 10:08 PM   #23
JennLK
DIS Veteran

Would LOVE a martini tasting - so far we have done wine and champagne tastings. They were fun

We visited GC last year while on the Fantasy - we did the turtle farm. It was a good way to kill a few hours - kids enjoyed it.

TempusFugit: I honeymooned in Cozumel ... and have been there once again last Sept. What type of thing are you interested in?

Nothing booked for us yet. Prob only going to do the Palo brunch or dinner - not sure which yet

Cruise: Fantasy 8/14 * MSC Divina 4/14 * Norwegian Breakaway 1/14 * Magic 11/13 * Fantasy 9/12 * Dream 1/12 * Dream 2/11
WDW: Off-site (Bonnet Creek) 01/13 and 11/11 SSR 1/11 and CSR/CBR 12/06-1/07
JennLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 10:11 PM   #24
MrsMork
Proud Old Geezer

We will try to do Palo brunch since it is free to us with our Platinum rewards.

Disney Cruise 1999, 2000, 2002, twice in 2003, 10 Day 2004, Dec 2005, Dec 2006, Dec 2007, WB PC May 2008,WBTA 2010,Alaska 2011,Hawaii 2012,WBPC May2013,Jan 2014,Oct 2104,Dec 2014
Old 08-11-2013, 09:15 PM   #25
TempusFugit

It's always better to have company at tastings! We always do martini and we'd like to do mixology this time. We've heard great things about it.

Btw, my name is Jay, and dw is Katie. As you know we can't book tastings until on board, but we probably will after boarding. It be great if you'd join us.

Old 08-15-2013, 01:03 PM   #26
MrsMork
Proud Old Geezer

Paid up and booked Palo brunch! We sail in 78 days.

We have sailed 4 days, 7 days, 10 days, 14 days and 15 days, but never a 5 day. So, I called DCL to find out if there is a formal night or not on the 5 day. I LOVE calling DCL and being put on hold. I usually hope they won't answer until the song ends...and then another great Disney song comes on and again I am thinking "don't answer for just another couple of minutes." Silly old Disney geek. Anyway, they said no formal, but they do have one night they are calling a dress up night, nothing too fancy though. So, I said "church clothes then" and he laughed and said, yes that would be perfect. So, skirt and nice top for me and slacks and dress shirt for DH. That will be easy packing.

Old 08-15-2013, 01:06 PM   #27
MrsMork
Proud Old Geezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempusFugit View Post
It's always better to have company at tastings! We always do martini and we'd like to do mixology this time. We've heard great things about it.

Btw, my name is Jay, and dw is Katie. As you know we can't book tastings until on board, but we probably will after boarding. It be great if you'd join us.
It is for sure more fun to do tastings with DIS friends! We have enjoyed martini and beer a lot. Mixology seems to be hit or miss. Sometimes it has been really fun and others not so much.

Old 08-15-2013, 01:38 PM   #28
TempusFugit

Ok I think you have officially renamed semi formal night to "church clothes night" . I like it!

Thanks for the heads up about mixology. DW really wants to try it plus I was a bartender back in college long ago (yes, in a galaxy far far away). We won't allow it to be anything but a blast. We'll definitely still be doing martini. Every time we've gone to one it's been diffe

rent. That's part of the fun. Of course the end is always the same with lots of empty martini glasses.

Congrats on booking Palo brunch. While I'm not a "foodie" I know good food and that's a meal that's hard to top. What day are you going? Ours will be the second sea day.

The five day itinerary is fun. We did a five day double dip last July and it was great. We'd always want more time onboard but, as we're leaving our boys with the grandparents, we'll be missed if we're gone much longer .

Old 08-15-2013, 10:29 PM   #29
MrsMork
Proud Old Geezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempusFugit View Post
Ok I think you have officially renamed semi formal night to "church clothes night" . I like it!

Thanks for the heads up about mixology. DW really wants to try it plus I was a bartender back in college long ago (yes, in a galaxy far far away). We won't allow it to be anything but a blast. We'll definitely still be doing martini. Every time we've gone to one it's been diffe

rent. That's part of the fun. Of course the end is always the same with lots of empty martini glasses.

Congrats on booking Palo brunch. While I'm not a "foodie" I know good food and that's a meal that's hard to top. What day are you going? Ours will be the second sea day.

The five day itinerary is fun. We did a five day double dip last July and it was great. We'd always want more time onboard but, as we're leaving our boys with the grandparents, we'll be missed if we're gone much longer .
We booked brunch for the first sea day.

At Mixology on the TA they had all the ingredients set out for us and we each mixed our own. On the recent PC they had already mixed the drinks and just had them sitting for us to try. One person got to get up and mix a full size of each drink. The mix them ourselves was way more fun!

Old 08-15-2013, 10:30 PM   #30
MrsMork
Proud Old Geezer

Is anyone interested in a 3pm meet and greet at Promenade Lounge on embarkation day? We are a small group, but it would be fun to put faces with names so we can say howdy around the ship.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: