Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-11-2013, 04:34 PM   #26
kayaker35
Mouseketeer

My DH and I are in Vancouver. Arrived yesterday. On the Sapphire Princess. We had a great cruise on Princess, and are looking forward to a "wonderful" Disney cruise. While traveling southbound on the Sapphire we met the Wonder going northbound. We were seated by a window in the Savoy Dining Room. We told our dinner companions that we would be on the Wonder on it's next sailing. They remarked that she was a beautiful ship, and was that Mickey Mouse on the funnel? I wish I'd had my camera with me!

While the Princess cruise was great, and it was a treat to see Hubbard Glacier and the glaciers of Glacier Bay National Park, the cruise was missing the Disney magic. The stage shows were fun, but didn't compare to Disney entertainment. The food was good, and the service outstanding, but I think the Disney menus are more varied....especially the buffet options.

We only had one rainy day....not counting the wind and rain we experienced in Whittier the day we sailed. That was in Ketchikan, and it didn't hinder us from exploring the town and taking in the Great Alaskan Lumberjack Show, which was lots of fun.

We're interested to see what the the Disney check-in procedure will be here in Vancouver. The Princess embarkation was a nightmare! We felt like we were part of a herd of sheep. The terminal area was like a warehouse, and we were directed to a table to get our health forms to fill out. Instead of having someone hand them out at the door, we had to stand in a crowd around a small table to get them. They didn't have pens available to fill them out. After that bottleneck, the rest of the embarkation was easier, but we had to walk through the wind and rain to the gangway.... My only Disney embarkation was in Port Canaveral, where it was a breeze. I hope it's the same here tomorrow.

I don't suppose we'll be meeting any of you on the cruise, but I wish you all a great trip! We met some very nice people on the Princess cruise. We're looking forward to doing the same on this one :-)

Karen
kayaker35 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: