Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2013, 09:13 PM   #421
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
I didn't realize you were pursuing the travel agent thing. Congratulations! You will be so good at it!! I'd love to do it someday but right now just don't think I can balance it with my "real" job. I'd get fired before too long b/c I would prioritize ADRs over my other work commitments.
That's why its probably a good thing I didn't get that TA job - for exactly the same reason!

Ellen - I think you should convince C that she needs to do the double-dip too! Just sayin!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 07:59 AM   #422
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
No, actually I think only the Dream and the Fantasy have it. The Wonder had these useless wall mounted hair driers.

I wonder whether it has something to do with the Dream and Fantasy being built in Germany?
That makes sense! Excellent logic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Great update. PINK looks fun and you totally scored on the great tablemates. It looks like such a good time.

Can't wait to meet you too. When do you arrive in Anaheim again?
Wednesday August 21-26. Staying in Santa Clarita that we will arrive at DURING DAYLIGHT so as not to freak out driving over that mountain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth D View Post
That champagne looks just so delish! I think i need a glass of vino just to follow along tonight!

I think i will have to do the day pass for Mom for xmas! Good idea!

Have a great time in Cali! Are you going to do a mini TR on it? Make sure you hit Carsland! It is just soo cute!
You're so funny- hope you enjoyed the wine and your Mom enjoys the Rainforest!

A mini TR? I think a 13 day trip deserves a full TR, lol! We will be in DL for 5 nights of that. San Francisco & Yosemite are also TR worthy- so it will be on the California board- I'll post a link when I start!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl726 View Post
Enjoying your updates! Loved your souvenirs, especially the one with the red sticker, we don't see many of those! I hope to find some on my cruise next summer! Have a great CA trip!
There were a bunch of red stickers in the stores! Red stickers ROCK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
That pasta truffle really DOES look amazing.

Soooo yummy.

So great that you had such awesome tablemates and that the boys hit it off so well. Major score!

Yes, it was a big deal! All of our other cruises we have been seated alone- on DCL, most of the tables are 4 tops, and on RCCL our other 4 people never showed up so we had a huge table to ourselves.

Well, I am convinced that I am definitely spending some time at Pink - like EVERY day!

LOL- yes, I am sure you will!
All the cast members on the Dream seem like so much fun.

They are- the crew is fantastic!

Not looking forward to the worst breakfast ever. So sad.
Me neither!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
That's why its probably a good thing I didn't get that TA job - for exactly the same reason!

Ellen - I think you should convince C that she needs to do the double-dip too! Just sayin!
Have you mentioned it to her? That would be great!
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-11-2013, 08:27 AM   #423
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

In my dream last night, I was drinking champagne with a lemon peel. Absolutely true. And now I want one.

I LOVE that truffle pasta app. I order it every time. I wonder if you could just ask in the MDR if it would be possible to have a full serving of that instead of a main entree? Would that be asking too much? I'm one of those people that is shy about asking for changes to the food on the regular menu. I always hate the idea that I might be causing our server problems!
Old 08-11-2013, 08:38 AM   #424
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

ICK.

That last morning comes much too soon.

It is the WORST part of a 4 night cruise- the last morning comes even more quickly.

We said goodbye to our cabin, grabbed our carry ons, and headed down to that awful breakfast that was waiting for us.

The get-off-our-ship-your-vacation-is-over-back-to-reality-sucker breakfast.

It is the worst. You'll see, MEK....

Anyway, I ordered Almost Home - Corn beef hash, fried eggs and bacon skillet topped with fried onions

It was awful as usual. No clue what timmy had, but I am sure his sucked royally too.

I know I said we would all be here for breakfast, but actually, Steve and Avery had made an early departure- they were headed to a Yankee game and then were going on to check out a baseball camp Avery was goping to attend this summer. I took a photo to try to distract from how depressing this all was.

But it did not help.

Sucky breakfast done, we said our goodbyes, and it was time to do the worst thing of the day.

Carnival was having a sucky breakfast of their own, I am sure, over there-

Although, it could not POSSIBLY suck as much as the Disney breakfast does.

Because Disney cruises really truly are the best.

And reality BITES.

Goodbye chandelier-

And then the worst of all-

Not soon enough unless I am getting right back on for a BTB, which I was not. SIGH....

On the plus side, we had chosen to take the bus to the airport, thus avoiding the whole rental car debacle of last year's trip on the Dream. It was AWESOME- we got on, and a few minutes later, we drove off.

Timmy and I spent a couple of hours in the airport terminal, had lunch, and flew home uneventfully on Jetblue, which was very friendly and gave us snacks.

And....THAT'S IT! Another wonderful vacation behind us, memories shared and treasured always.

Thanks for joining me on another trip- I'll be back in a couple weeks to start reliving my new adventures with you all- very happy to say that we were offered the Regency club for $25 a night when they sent our final confirmation- soooo glad about that, $25 is waaaaaaay better than the $75 a night we were considering (and not doing). So our time in San Francisco will be much easier on us every morning with the breakfast waiting for us upstairs. YAY!

I'll be sure to post a link when I have one-

Thanks again for reading along everyone!!

Ellen
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 09:00 AM   #425
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

I hate the last day too...the breakfast is truly awful!

Fantastic report Ellen! You really have me in the mood for my 4 night Dream in October.

Can't wait to hear all about Cali!

Jill in CO
Old 08-11-2013, 04:18 PM   #426
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Glad you enjoyed your AWFUL breakfastThe last day is sooooo sad!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 08:36 PM   #427
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

Another great trip, but you & your family don't have anything but great trips! Can't wait to read the next TR, anxious to see DL through your eyes.
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 08:47 PM   #428
Cheryl726
DIS Veteran

There were a bunch of red stickers in the stores! Red stickers ROCK!

Do you mind if I ask what the sale price was? And do you remember the regular prices? Our last cruise was 2011 and we're going again in 2014, I want to make sure I plan for the great souvenirs! Thanks!

Cheryl726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 06:41 AM   #429
MEK
DIS Veteran

So the breakfast really sucks that bad?

You are too funny.

So - take the bus back to the airport. Noted!

I hope you have a wonderful trip and I can't wait to read all about it. Thanks for another great TR!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 07:11 AM   #430
Goofy442
DIS Veteran

Great update and it's always sad on the last day of Disney, but I get home and start planning our next trip.

She is doing the CP and she drives the boats between DHS, resorts and Epcot. My DS also did the CP twice, and loved it. My youngest DS who is a Jr. has to decided if he wants to do the CP or not.

Goofy442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 09:13 AM   #431
CRdisMom
DIS Veteran

super excited for you guys for the Cali adventure (just bring a coat--san fran can be cold this time of year ) and the chance to see all the west coast Dis'ers. Give Drea a big hug for me! I love the cruise. It is definitely more appealing each time I read about them.

CRdisMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 06:15 PM   #432
Beth D
DIS Veteran

Great TR! They all look so fabulous! Can't wait to tag along on your CA adventure!
Old 08-20-2013, 04:51 AM   #434
toniosmom
AKV, BCV, BLT Owner!

You made me so happy reading your finished report. I really enjoyed that glass of Moet Ice at Pink the last night. We're doing the same cruise next spring break -- I wish you were going to be on it!

Let's definitely plan to get together once school begins. I've got my son home from camp now so I'm taking several afternoons off per week keeping him occupied. Today we are going to the beach.

Have a great time in California. Let's plan a lunch one weekend where I can drop my son off at my parents house and we can really talk. In the meantime, good luck with your TA business!

Miss you!!!

1974 - Offsite 1976 - Offsite 1997 - Dixie Landings 1998 - Offsite 2008 - All Star Movies - Became new DVC member! March 2009 - SSR - First DVC Vacation!
March 2010 - AKV-Kidani Dec 2010 - BLT Christmas Trip April 2011 - BCV Nov 2011- BWV/DCL Dream March 2013 - BLT/DCL Dream April 2014 - VGF/DCL Dream Sept 2014 - VWL
toniosmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 12:58 PM   #435
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Glad I got all caught up before we meet tomorrow!

I hope your drive today is not too boring and yiu get safely to Santa Clarita.

Loved the pictures. And even for a sucky breakfast it still looked pretty good.
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: