Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2013, 09:13 PM   #31
lah3hh
DIS Veteran

I knew nothing of this service either. I am platinum and will be sailing Concierge for the first time next October 2014 on the Disney Wonder DD cruise. I hopefully will get the CC cabanas each time but at least one time would be OK.

I am also sailing this October on the Disney Fantasy for the 7 day Western and at my 120 day mark at exactly midnight I was able to snag the last cabana. I could not believe all of them were gone but now knowing this fact...it all makes sense.

2014 Vacation Plans:

March Las Vegas - RCI/DVC trade into a Hilton Grand Vacation Resort (This was awesome and truly loved the location along the strip!)

May/June WDW Beach Club 3 nights then on to 6 nights at Disney's Hilton Head Resort and then back to AKV for 3 additional nights

October DCL Wonder 5 night double dip followed by 7 nights at SSR

[B]That should be enough vacation time for the year I hope!!
lah3hh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 09:23 PM   #32
ktb2002
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLCanada View Post
I wish I had known something about this "pre-booking" thing. I am going concierge for the 2nd time in two years and stayed up until midnight to book my cabana. Travelling with an autistic child, this is a must for us otherwise we likely won't be able to get off the boat in Castaway Cay. I logged in before midnight, hit refresh every 2 seconds and at 00:00:01 there were NO family cabanas left. They were all sold out.
I am actually really upset to hear this is happening. They certainly don't advertise it. My TA put in a request for a cabana at the time of our booking in January but clearly it got unnoticed. I am actually mad enough that I might even consider cancelling the cruise if this is how they treat guests.
I would email shoreside concierge myself and see about being out on a list. They do (well I can't confirm it since they went to the new system) hold a couple back.

Wonder 12/21/08
Dream 03/27/12
Fantasy 07/14/12
Dream 10/07/12
Dream 10/11/12
Fantasy 05/25/13
ktb2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-10-2013, 05:56 AM   #33
Bonniec
DIS Veteran

Yes, email them. They most definitely hold some back. I had wanted cabana #17 if I had the choice. They put me in #15 and I was told that was the furthest out I could go because 17 was held back for weddings and if one wasn't booked they would switch me over. Then about a month later I got an email letting me know they had switched me.

So send them an email and they will likely put you on a list and the add you if they are able to release a cabana. Or you could get married

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 08-10-2013, 11:49 AM   #34
HeddyRuth
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I wish I had known something about this "pre-booking" thing. I am going concierge for the 2nd time in two years and stayed up until midnight to book my cabana. Travelling with an autistic child, this is a must for us otherwise we likely won't be able to get off the boat in Castaway Cay. I logged in before midnight, hit refresh every 2 seconds and at 00:00:01 there were NO family cabanas left. They were all sold out.
I am actually really upset to hear this is happening. They certainly don't advertise it. My TA put in a request for a cabana at the time of our booking in January but clearly it got unnoticed. I am actually mad enough that I might even consider cancelling the cruise if this is how they treat guests.
This is something very new and as long as you are paid in full then they should have called you to pre book what you needed around a week before. If you waited until the 120 day mark to pay then they would not have called you to arrange this as you would not have been PIF when they were calling everyone to get their preferences. If you did PIF earlier than 120 days then I would try talking to them to see what they can do to help because they were clearly in error as you should have at least gotten a message. Either way talk to them so that you will have first preference if someone cancels or when they finally book the ones they set aside. Good luck!

HeddyRuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 04:12 PM   #35
TLLCanada
Mouseketeer

I paid up my balance three weeks in advance of the 120 day mark. And I did not get a phone call

I emailed them regarding the cabana the next morning and the only reply I got was that the cabanas went super fast at midnight- --- well, no kidding if they are all pre booked!
They said for me to keep checking on the site to see if one opens up and they would take note that I wanted one but they don't keep any sort of wait list.

Horribly disappointed to say the least
TLLCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 06:59 PM   #36
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

Quote:
My TA put in a request for a cabana at the time of our booking in January but clearly it got unnoticed.
Unfortunately this is very recent so if the TA had the regular CM put the note on the regular system when you booked the cruise, there wasn't a system in place to do anything with that at the time. It's more of a shame that your TA didn't know about this since it is their job to keep up with DCL's announcements.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV 3/31/2012, E 3/23/2013

DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 07:21 PM   #37
TLLCanada
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgraves View Post
Unfortunately this is very recent so if the TA had the regular CM put the note on the regular system when you booked the cruise, there wasn't a system in place to do anything with that at the time. It's more of a shame that your TA didn't know about this since it is their job to keep up with DCL's announcements.
So heard back from Shoreside Concierge today- the response was essentially they left a message on our phone to let us know they would be available for concierge services. However my husband who took the message and the family travelling with us both said that the message was generic and said nothing about booking in advance of the 120 day window. All of the info they sent us prior to and following PIF said we couldn't book anything until the 120 day mark.
My TA who does a lot of Disney Cruise bookings said he was not notified that this "pre-booking" for concierge guests was possible. He also said that he made the notes in our file when we paid the deposit in January and again when we PIF early July that we would want a cabana. Apparently nobody ever reads them.
All this to say that I am very disappointed that this behind the scenes stuff is going on without really making it known policy one way or the other to concierge guests. This certainly wasn't happening last year when we sailed concierge.
Further, I think if they are going to state on their website that Concierge and Platinum guests get first dibs at the 120 day mark then they should honour it. I'd be less upset to have missed out on the cabana if it was because others bet the clock at midnight before me rather than some people were home and answered the phone and got a cabana pre-booked before the 120 day mark...
Old 08-13-2013, 07:57 PM   #38
lighthouse10
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAYNARDS99 View Post
You must be paid in full. Does not matter where you booked your cruise. You can send your requests to Shoreside Concierge well before the 120 day mark.

Shoreside will also contact you a few days before the 120 day mark.

From my email, "As a Concierge Guest, your services begin even before you board the ship. Beginning at 120 days" ... "prior to your sail date,
as long as your reservation has been paid in full, your Shoreside
Concierge Services Team can offer you personalized service in planning
the details of your cruise including:"

There are VERY helpful, and easy to work with!
Agreed - they are very helpful! This is my first Disney cruise and I booked concierge. Shoreside called me the day after I paid in full to take my requests. I honestly hadn't even given it much thought yet and the person on the phone walked me through everything, even down to transportation to and from the port and directions if I needed them. They're lovely! It made me excited for what will hopefully be equally great service once I actually get on board!
lighthouse10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 08:24 PM   #39
TLLCanada
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthouse10 View Post
Agreed - they are very helpful! This is my first Disney cruise and I booked concierge. Shoreside called me the day after I paid in full to take my requests. I honestly hadn't even given it much thought yet and the person on the phone walked me through everything, even down to transportation to and from the port and directions if I needed them. They're lovely! It made me excited for what will hopefully be equally great service once I actually get on board!
Our travelling companions and us PIF at least three weeks in advance of the 120 day mark. We received confirmation of our PIF the day after the transaction HOWEVER we didn't get a message until the day before the 120 mark and our travelling companions 2 days before 120 day mark.
I just think that if they are going to do this pre-booking thing it should be made known to the concierge people, either in writing or leave a specific message if calling and no one home. Our messages stated that concierge would be happy to help us with any bookings we wanted to make---NOTHING about pre-booking a cabana, etc. We all assumed they meant dinner reservations, excursions, etc. and that as usual, nothing until the 120 day mark. I think this unknown policy is unfair to those not lucky enough to be home to answer the phone (or returned home from a day of vacation to stay up to midnight in hopes of having at least a chance of getting a cabana as we had crappy internet service at our cottage) and to the Platinum guests who don't get that call or advantage.
After we got off the boat from our first DCL cruise we felt like no other family vacation could beat it. This time around we feel a bit deflated and we haven't even gotten on board yet.
Old 08-14-2013, 03:01 AM   #40
MAYNARDS99
DIS Veteran

I sent my requests 22 days before the 120 day mark. In addition, I offered to resubmit my requests at a later date if necessary.

The only way I KNEW to submit my requests early to the Shoreside Concierge was because of this thread, which was started on June 8th. I did not receive a phone call, but I did get an automated email TWO days before the 120 day mark.

TLLC - keep trying to snag a family cabin, from what I've read here, they do pop up from time to time.

Yacht Club DEC13
Beach Club concierge (suite upgrade) JAN13
Coronado Springs OCT11 & SEP12
Hilton Bonnet Creek, Royal Pacific (suite upgrade) AsMU SEP10
SSR 1 Bedroom SEP09 (free dining and upgrade)
Wilderness Lodge/Royal Pacific (concierge upgrade) SEP08
Grand Californian DEC07 (theme park view upgrade)
Port Orleans Riverside Alligator Bayou SEP05
Contemporary (MK view Tower Club upgrade) NOV03
Ritz-Carlton NOV03
Portofino Bay Hotel Deluxe NOV01
Polynesian (concierge upgrade) NOV99
Wilderness Lodge Deluxe OCT98
Off Site - Disneyland Paris JUL93
Off Site - WDW JAN88
Contemporary MK view Tower JUL74
MAYNARDS99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: