Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-09-2013, 07:58 AM   #421
Becca0711
Earning My Ears
 
Becca0711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Omaha
Posts: 64

We're staying in a CARS suite in September! Honestly, there weren't a lot of options for a family of six (we aren't comfortable having two rooms with our kids being so young) but this is such a perfect fit for our Carburetor County-loving family. I am SO excited--I think our kids (3 little boys & a girl, ages 7-3) are going to LOVE it!

This is one of the surprises I'm going to *try* to keep so the kids get the full magical experience! Wish me luck. LOL.

With that said, which building is best for us? Mater? Is that closest to the bus stops? I imagine our little-legged people will appreciate a shorter trek to our suite at the end of a long day of walking!

Thank you!
Becca0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 08:16 AM   #422
mom2cgj
Mouseketeer
 
mom2cgj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Iowa
Posts: 406

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca0711 View Post
With that said, which building is best for us? Mater? Is that closest to the bus stops? I imagine our little-legged people will appreciate a shorter trek to our suite at the end of a long day of walking!
Either building 1 or 3 should be about the same walk to the buses, depending on where your room is. The walk to the Cars section isn't bad at all! You will love AoA! Have a great trip!
__________________


AoA Cars - Jan. 2015 - Pre Trip Report:There's No Such Thing As Too Much Planning!

AoA Lion King - Jan. 2013 5 Newbies Visit the World!!
mom2cgj is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-09-2013, 10:43 AM   #423
DSNY4ever
I am going to keep hunting around
I will cross my fingers for both of us
 
DSNY4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: N. California
Posts: 3,114

Anyone have any news on how they are doing with the fridge situation? Have they gotten the new fridges into the LM rooms yet? We really want to do a grocery delivery, but I'd hate to set one up not knowing 100% if we are going to have a fridge or not.

Oh and just so I can do the happy dance...only 50 more days till our trip~
__________________
"Being green is not a trend. It is, perhaps, the most important challenge of our time." -John Fahey-

Disneyland at the Holidays, here we come!
DSNY4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 11:23 AM   #424
Becca0711
Earning My Ears
 
Becca0711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Omaha
Posts: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2cgj View Post

Either building 1 or 3 should be about the same walk to the buses, depending on where your room is. The walk to the Cars section isn't bad at all! You will love AoA! Have a great trip!
Eeeee! Thank you! I'm getting EXCITED!
Becca0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 02:11 PM   #425
Martini Mom
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 17

yes, I would like to know about the fridge situation too. Anyone in a family suite right now? I have read that the family suites at the AoA are exempt from the fridge issue. When I called guest services yesterday they couldn't confirm this. They said all the fridges were being replaced, including the ones in the Nemo Suites. We have planned to have our driver stop at a grocery store to pick up water, milk, yogurt etc. but obviously won't do this if we can't get confirmation on whether or not we have a fridge. We leave in 5 days, it would be great to get this figured out! Also, I heard that people who have booked rooms that normally include a fridge were receiving a refund of $15 per night of their stay. Can anyone confirm this? Fridge or no fridge we are so excited...it is already affecting my sleep!!
Martini Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 03:52 PM   #426
Running Babeck
Earning My Ears
 
Running Babeck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini Mom View Post
yes, I would like to know about the fridge situation too. Anyone in a family suite right now? I have read that the family suites at the AoA are exempt from the fridge issue. When I called guest services yesterday they couldn't confirm this. They said all the fridges were being replaced, including the ones in the Nemo Suites. We have planned to have our driver stop at a grocery store to pick up water, milk, yogurt etc. but obviously won't do this if we can't get confirmation on whether or not we have a fridge. We leave in 5 days, it would be great to get this figured out! Also, I heard that people who have booked rooms that normally include a fridge were receiving a refund of $15 per night of their stay. Can anyone confirm this? Fridge or no fridge we are so excited...it is already affecting my sleep!!
Just got home from a split stay (Poly, then Nemo- checked out yesterday) I had heard about the fridge issue and called abt 5 days before our trip to request a fridge for both stays. The CM noted my request (for non medical purposes) on my Poly res. & commented that we would be fine @ our AoA suite as those weren't affected. We had refrigerators at both :-).
Running Babeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 04:11 PM   #427
hidmickey:myantidrug
DIS Veteran
 
hidmickey:myantidrug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 3,064

Quote:
Originally Posted by estherhead View Post
I have been surprised that the parks don't feel really crowded. We did MK EMH yesterday and as we left at 11:00 I expected it to be crazy. But it was only a little crazy, not crazy crazy.
That's awesome to hear. We had always gone over Easter except these last few years we've done January, so I've been a little nervous about going back to the big crowds when we head out on Wednesday.

Did you happen to notice the hot chocolate at the food court? I read on another thread that ASSp went from the dispenser to regular packets, and the thought that AoA has followed suit is causing somewhat of an uproar at my house!
hidmickey:myantidrug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 04:41 PM   #428
Running Babeck
Earning My Ears
 
Running Babeck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidmickey:myantidrug View Post

Did you happen to notice the hot chocolate at the food court? I read on another thread that ASSp went from the dispenser to regular packets, and the thought that AoA has followed suit is causing somewhat of an uproar at my house!
Just checked out yesterday & AoA still had the hot chocolate dispensers (although I did notice that they seem to be having a bit of trouble with them getting clogged & not working correctly).
Running Babeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 05:51 PM   #429
threebeesatdisney
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 382

Hello fellow AoAer's:
I will be at Art of Animation in 2 days. If you have any questions while I am there and you post them on here I will try my best to answer them. I am staying in a LM room so I won't know any answers about the suites (sorry). So get your questions ready.
__________________
MY GOAL IS TO STAY AT ALL THE DISNEY WORLD FLORIDA RESORTS! Only 1 left to go:Saratoga Springs! 2000 Mar/Apr- All-Star Movies $225.50/night w/PH & wp tickets inc; 2001 May- All-Star Music $66.00/nt ;2002 May- Coronado Springs $174.13/nt w/ PH & WP tickets inc; 2003 June- Animal Kingdom Lodge $239.78/nt/savannah view; 2004 July- Caribbean Beach; 2005 July- Port Orleans Riverside $140.50; 2005 July -Yacht Club $277.50 - FREE UPGRADE TO A JUNIOR SUITE -; 2006 Mar/Apr- Pop Century; 2007 June- Port Orleans Riverside $167.35/nt; 2007 Dec- Pop Century; 2008 Feb- Hilton Head Island, SC; 2008 July- Fort Wilderness Cabins $178.88/nt; 2008 July- Animal Kingdom Lodge $215.16/nt; 2008 Oct- Boardwalk Inn - $259/nt w/o tax; 2009 Jan-Port Orleans Riverside - $100.13/nt; 2009 June - Polynesian $236.55/nt w/tax; 2009 Sept - Beach Club $263.81/nt w/tax; 2009 Dec- Pop Century; 2010 Jan - Caribbean Beach; 2010 July DAKL; 2010 Oct Coronado Springs; 2011 March Pop Century/ Disney Magic Cruise/April French Quarter; 2011 July Pop Century/Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas KIDANI VILLAGE; 2011 Nov- Old Key West/Boardwalk Villas; 2012 Feb- Grand Floridian/ KIDANI VILLAGE; 2012 May/June VERO BEACH/All-Star Sports/ BAY LAKE TOWER; 2013 Aug-Art of Animation; Nov - All Star Music; 2014 Feb POP; April Wilderness Lodge; Aug POP; Oct -JAMBO House DAKL;
threebeesatdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 09:28 PM   #430
PMart
DIS Veteran
 
PMart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Venice,fl
Posts: 564

I am here in a cars suite now . Today we had our in room celebration which turned out great . We love this place



Pmart
__________________
PMart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 10:18 PM   #431
chrystalc77
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 280

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMart View Post
I am here in a cars suite now . Today we had our in room celebration which turned out great . We love this place

Pmart
What is an in room celebration? Glad to hear you are loving the Cars suite!!! We are booked for a Cars suite November 2014. Which building are you in?
chrystalc77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 05:07 PM   #432
DocFourFour
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowfish78 View Post
Besides renting a car, you could see about a town car from the airport to your hotel that offers a free stop at a grocery store. Another option is heading over to a DVC resort to pick up these items. Or contact We Go Shop or Garden Grocer for a food delivery.
Thanks. By 'town car' do you mean a taxi or the ME bus? And the DVC resorts have grocery stores? We've decided to bring over supplies for the first morning and figure something out when we get there.
DocFourFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 07:48 AM   #433
Desnik
I actually love packing and planning
I'm glad DH and I were friends first then a couple
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Posts: 8,340

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocFourFour View Post
Thanks. By 'town car' do you mean a taxi or the ME bus? And the DVC resorts have grocery stores? We've decided to bring over supplies for the first morning and figure something out when we get there.
I know you didn't aske me, but I can help with the DVC question. DVC resorts offer a larger amount of small grocery items at their resorts than non DVC resorts. You can get things like microwavable meals for B/L/D. Stuff like frozen pizza, frozen meals in a bag. Also things like bagels, english muffins, Entemans donuts, cookies & muffins, cereals, soups, Lunchables, eggs, milk, juices, wine, chips/dip, bread, pancake mix, syrup, mac n cheese, icecream.

The items are a little more expensive than going to a grocery store, but it sure is more convienent to grab what you need there if you are staying at the resort.

And I think by "town car" the person meant just that. A town car. (yes an actual Lincoln Town Car) You can hire a town car like you can hire a limo to pick you up from the airport and drive you to your resort. They will usually do a free grocery store stop for you.

Or you can take a taxi, which will not do a "free" stop at the store. They'll take you there, but you'll still be on the meter.

Or you can just stick with your free ride on DME, and order your groceries from Garden Grocer or We Go Shop.
__________________
Desnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 07:49 AM   #434
Desnik
I actually love packing and planning
I'm glad DH and I were friends first then a couple
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Posts: 8,340

Pardon me while I scream out:
4 MORE DAYS TILL AoA!!!
__________________
Desnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 03:33 PM   #435
yellowfish78
DIS Veteran
 
yellowfish78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 1023.7 miles from Disney
Posts: 6,283

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocFourFour View Post
Thanks. By 'town car' do you mean a taxi or the ME bus? And the DVC resorts have grocery stores? We've decided to bring over supplies for the first morning and figure something out when we get there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnik View Post
I know you didn't aske me, but I can help with the DVC question. DVC resorts offer a larger amount of small grocery items at their resorts than non DVC resorts. You can get things like microwavable meals for B/L/D. Stuff like frozen pizza, frozen meals in a bag. Also things like bagels, english muffins, Entemans donuts, cookies & muffins, cereals, soups, Lunchables, eggs, milk, juices, wine, chips/dip, bread, pancake mix, syrup, mac n cheese, icecream.

The items are a little more expensive than going to a grocery store, but it sure is more convienent to grab what you need there if you are staying at the resort.

And I think by "town car" the person meant just that. A town car. (yes an actual Lincoln Town Car) You can hire a town car like you can hire a limo to pick you up from the airport and drive you to your resort. They will usually do a free grocery store stop for you.

Or you can take a taxi, which will not do a "free" stop at the store. They'll take you there, but you'll still be on the meter.

Or you can just stick with your free ride on DME, and order your groceries from Garden Grocer or We Go Shop.
What they said. :-) Small 'stores' that tend to carry the basics: bread, milk, frozen pizza...LOL You can also check out a few towncar companies on the DIS (they sponsor one of them) and there are also some recommended on All Ears and Mousesavers if you're looking for price comparison.
yellowfish78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:23 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: