Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2013, 09:42 PM   #16
flyersfan1129
Mouseketeer

Yes, they are expensive, but the ease of grabbing your luggage and going to bed? So worth it. Oh, and the luggage going to the ship for a measly little tip? My husband is...ahem, FRUGAL...and he made me change our reservation to the MCO Hyatt. Says he will pay anything they want to not have to wrangle the bags. We stayed there last year and he is now spoiled for all other hotels.
Old 06-17-2013, 01:22 PM   #17
2prettygirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLgal View Post
No, you don't need to be traveling on orders. You can use the rate for leisure travel. Just have to show a valid Government ID that identifies you as an employee (state or fed). We are doing this in the summer and I called and asked if travel orders were necessary. They are not.
I didn't know you could use it for leaisure travel...that's awesome! I will have to check into this.
2prettygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-17-2013, 04:30 PM   #18
DLgal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2prettygirl

I didn't know you could use it for leaisure travel...that's awesome! I will have to check into this.
We were actually able to get two connecting rooms using this rate AND the Hyatt Family Plan. Our total for 2 rooms this August is $216
DLgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 10:20 PM   #19
GervaisCouple
Mouseketeer

Quote:
We were actually able to get two connecting rooms using this rate AND the Hyatt Family Plan. Our total for 2 rooms this August is $216
Is just one family staying in the two rooms...or could we use the family plan to sleep our family of 4 and another family of 4 we are traveling with?
GervaisCouple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 01:31 PM   #20
Tami0220
Chip & Dale Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkie View Post
OK, I know there is a way and I tried to search but couldnt find my exact answer or the threads were very old.

So.... How is it that you can get a discount for the Hyatt at the Orlando International Airport?

Our super cheap Southwest flight ($49) arrives at 1050 pm and I thought it might be better to just stay at the airport that night. But I would like to compare rates for the Hyatt and the room only discount for fall or the possibility of an AP room only discount. So walk me through the Hyatt process. Thanks.
You didn't mention what time of year you will be going. If it is a busy time the Hyatt might overbook. I have followed the Hyatt threads pretty regularly, its the only place I would stay too. But, people have posted they had paid guaranteed rooms and they Hyatt overbooked. They shuttle you to a different hotel. So just be forewarned since you are arriving so late I would take into consideration the time of year. Busy or not. Maybe make a call close to your arrival date and ask how full they are.

Tami & Mike
Tami0220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 04:18 PM   #21
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2prettygirl View Post
Do they not make you show official travel documents for government rate?
Depends on the rate. Some require only a government ID. I've seen Marriott have some that required travel orders but that may be just a reflection of the standard government per diem for business travel. Many hotel rates for govt. employees (federal, state or local) do not require the employee to be on official business.
Old 07-26-2013, 04:33 PM   #22
egoldber
Mouseketeer

We stayed at the MCO Hyatt on July 5. We used the federal employee discount. I brought my federal ID, but they didn't even ask to see it.

1997 - Offsite, 1999 - Dixie Landings, 2002 - YC, 2003 - OKW, 2004 - Mar - BWV, Oct - OKW,
2005 - July - Pop, Nov - BWV, 2006 - POFQ, 2007 - Jan - BWV, Apr CSR, 2008 - Oct/Nov 2008 BWV, 2010 - Oct BWV

2013 - July Fantasy
egoldber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 04:36 PM   #23
DLgal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GervaisCouple

Is just one family staying in the two rooms...or could we use the family plan to sleep our family of 4 and another family of 4 we are traveling with?
The family plan extra room is supposed to be for the kids. You can't book any adults into that room. It will be our family of 4 plus my MIL. Technically, the second room will be for her, but on our reservation has the three adults in the first room and my 2 kids in the "family plan" room.
Old 07-30-2013, 02:00 AM   #24
Sparkie
DIS Veteran

Quote:

So tell me about the Hyatt Family Plan. Is this available to the general public? Our traveling party is 3 adults (over 18) my mom (65) and 3 kids (17, 4, and 2) We are traveling at the end of Sept.
Sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:35 AM   #25
tigger2002
DIS Veteran

Free??

How about for FREE, well almost. I have the Hyatt Visa gold card and you get a free one night stay every year. The card is free the first year and $75 after that. I made a "free" reservation at the Hyatt MCO for our upcoming cruise in Sept. I have found that it is sometimes hard to get the hotel online but I have never had a problem when I call them. I have done this twice before.

<
tigger2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:23 AM   #26
DLgal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkie View Post

So tell me about the Hyatt Family Plan. Is this available to the general public? Our traveling party is 3 adults (over 18) my mom (65) and 3 kids (17, 4, and 2) We are traveling at the end of Sept.
Yes, this plan is available to anyone, but you have to call.

You could use this plan to book the four adults in one room and the kids in the other. The rate for the "second room" is $92.50 plus tax. Once you arrive, you can split up the party any way you want but when you book, you have to book the kids all in the second room and no adults in there. You will have connecting rooms with this plan, guaranteed.
Old 08-10-2013, 02:15 PM   #27
TexDis
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa Lisa View Post

I joined the Last Minute Travel Club for free using the code MAYNOJ. The e-mail said to share the code with friends and family, so feel free to use it! We're flying in to MCO on 8/31 for the 9/1 sailing on the Dream. The best rate I had been able to get previously was $143.10 + tax through Costco (not pre-paid). With LMT Club, I was able to get $108 + tax for a total of $125.96. Our flight gets in just after 8:00 p.m., so convenience was a big factor for us when deciding where to stay.
I used this code to join for free and just booked a room on Sept 11 for $128.36. Thanks for the tip!
Sept 2009 7 night Disney Magic-Western Caribbean
Sept 2011 4 night Disney Dream-Bahamas
Feb 2012 7 night Disney Wonder-Mexican Riviera
Aug 2012 7 night Disney Fantasy-Eastern Caribbean
April 2013 4 night Disney Magic-Western Caribbean
Sept 2013 14 night Disney Wonder-EBPC
Feb 2014 3 night Disney Magic-Bahamas
TexDis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 02:32 PM   #28
IBelieveInTheMagic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa Lisa View Post
I joined the Last Minute Travel Club for free using the code MAYNOJ. The e-mail said to share the code with friends and family, so feel free to use it! We're flying in to MCO on 8/31 for the 9/1 sailing on the Dream. The best rate I had been able to get previously was $143.10 + tax through Costco (not pre-paid). With LMT Club, I was able to get $108 + tax for a total of $125.96. Our flight gets in just after 8:00 p.m., so convenience was a big factor for us when deciding where to stay.
Hi Lisa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexDis View Post
I used this code to join for free and just booked a room on Sept 11 for $128.36. Thanks for the tip!
I also have booked through the LMT Club for our 9/1 sailing and when I booked it around March I think I paid $97 total. I also have the night prior to our Jan 2014 cruise booked there and the rate online was $255 and I got it through LMT Club for $137 total.

I was hesitant to use LMT Club, however I haven't had any problems. I used them for the first time in Vancouner prior to our cruise to Alaska and no issues. Don't forget you'll need to bring your email with the actual reservation number that LMT Club should email within a few days of the reservation, if you don't get it, just call them and ask them to resend. Also, I'd suggest calling the hotel directly and just confirming they have your reservation.

Heather
WDW: 11/2008 (MVMCP), 9-10/2009 (MNSSHP, F&W, Pirates Pal Cruise & Pirates League), 4/2010 (Flower & Garden Festival & Jedi Training), 10/2010 (MNSSHP & F&W), 6/2011 (SWW & Universal Studios), 11/2011 Girls Trip (MVMCP & Osborne Lights), 6/2012 and 11/2012 (Osborne Lights), and WDW/MNSSHP 10/2013.
DCL (Gold!): 6/2012 (KSC & Dream), 8/2012 Dream, 12/2012 Fantasy (Mom & I), 6/2013 Wonder(Alaska!), 9/2013 Dream (girls cruise) & 12/2013 Dream (girls cruise), 1/2014 Magic, & 4/2014 Fantasy Next: 6/2015 (Magic-Europe)
IBelieveInTheMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 01:25 AM   #29
Kittylover513
Mouseketeer

Just used LMT based on this thread and got a good deal for MCO Hyatt for Feb...I had been planning to do a certificate, but glad I went this route as it was cheaper and now they've changed their policy with certificates.
Kittylover513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 03:04 AM   #30
jpeppers
DIS Veteran

I am a Washington state employee but from what I see in order to get the state employee discount you have to be a Florida state employee. If you get the credit card, do the free nights work at Hyatt MCO even on weekend nights?
jpeppers is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: