Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2013, 10:42 PM   #856
mmbl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by herb102211 View Post
Quick question about using your AP for the early booking. Our AP's expired 2 months ago, but we renewed and got the exchange certificates in the mail last week. Should I give them my old AP number when I call or my name, or am I out of luck since we don't have the new AP's in hand? Thanks!
Give them the certificate number. Once your AP expires, it isn't good for anything ~ except a souvenir!
Old 08-10-2013, 06:04 AM   #857
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbl View Post
Any info why they changed the date for booking some of the special events, such as Party for the Senses, until the 13th? Last week they said the 9th so I was up bright and early.
Unless I missed something it was always the 13th for the major events (until just recently it came out the 12th if you have a Disney Visa)

The 9th was always just for AP/TIW/DVC to be able to book early the deminars (though it seems people were able to book a few other things as well, such as 3D dessert party, etc.)

**In Progress** It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Disney World with a 1 month old - A Trip Report: 08/25-08-29/14
Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
TheMaxRebo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-10-2013, 06:55 AM   #858
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Any info why they changed the date for booking some of the special events, such as Party for the Senses, until the 13th? Last week they said the 9th so I was up bright and early.
Party for the Senses was not supposed to be available until the 13th. However, due to whatever was going on with the website, general admission (not the reserved seats) could be booked online yesterday. And some did book it.
Old 08-10-2013, 07:00 AM   #859
Kteacher
Not your average kindergarten teacher
Judge Judy stole my iced tea!
REALLY good at keeping secrets

Living vicariously through all of you this year. This will be the first time in many years we aren't going to the F&W. Lots going on (mostly good ). We will be back in 2014.

Kteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 08:33 AM   #860
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaxRebo View Post
Unless I missed something it was always the 13th for the major events (until just recently it came out the 12th if you have a Disney Visa)

The 9th was always just for AP/TIW/DVC to be able to book early the deminars (though it seems people were able to book a few other things as well, such as 3D dessert party, etc.)
I'm not convinced Disney Visa folks will be allowed to book anything and everything on the 12th.

JMO-It appears to me that the promo for the offer wasn't exactly gone over carefully. I think it was fast, easy and they sent it out. I am not convinced that the credit card promotions folks are familiar with Epcot Food and Wine, especially about booking premium events. They may have set their cardholders up for a disappointment, just by not making the restrictions clear.

FWIW, the last word I got was that the IPO's still are saying the first day for booking the premium events is Tuesday morning.

I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens Mon and Tues. Crazy!

TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
gwynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 09:23 AM   #861
marsh0013
i want to drive the zamboni

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post

I'm not convinced Disney Visa folks will be allowed to book anything and everything on the 12th.

JMO-It appears to me that the promo for the offer wasn't exactly gone over carefully. I think it was fast, easy and they sent it out. I am not convinced that the credit card promotions folks are familiar with Epcot Food and Wine, especially about booking premium events. They may have set their cardholders up for a disappointment, just by not making the restrictions clear.

FWIW, the last word I got was that the IPO's still are saying the first day for booking the premium events is Tuesday morning.

Wouldn't it be nice if we could get a clear answer? If I can only book stuff I already have access to (dvc, tiw, ap member), I'd really not like to get up early Monday sit on hold for hours, just to be told sorry call back tomorrow and do it all over again.

~Yacht Club June 2014~Coronado December 2013~BWV October 2013~BCV April 2013~ASSp, BCV, BWV Oct/Nov 2012~AKV & BWV May 2012~ASSp & BWV October 2011~Pop Century June 2011~BWV & POFQ February 2011~SSR November 2010~Yacht Club CL & BWV May 2010~BWI Club Level October 2009~Swan June 2009~Pop Century March 2009~Pop Century November 2008~Pop Century August 2008~Pop Century Apr/May 2008~Celebration November 2007~Celebration September 2007~POLYNESIAN August 2007~Celebration November 20, 2006~10 or so trips growing up offsite (grandparent's house)~
i love the 50's prime time cafe!

June 2009 BDay Solo Dining Report Mar 2009 Solo Dining Report
Nov 2008 Solo Dining Report Nov 2008 Solo Trip to Pop
Family Trip Dining Report, August 2008 Family Trip to Pop Report, Aug 13-20
Solo Deluxe Dining, Apr/May 2008 Solo Pop Apr 30-May 7 Trip Report
marsh0013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 10:01 AM   #862
herb102211
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Give them the certificate number. Once your AP expires, it isn't good for anything ~ except a souvenir!
Thanks! I ended up telling the CM I had the exchange certificate and she was fine with that.

*Food, Wine & Christmas Time..A November 2012 TR*
Wining & Dining Around the World~ An October '13 TR
5/08- Offsite, 5/09- Pop Century, 11/09 (engagement!)- Pop Century, 3/10- Pop Century/Disney Wonder 4 Nt Bahamas, 9/10- Pop Century, 3/11- Beach Club/ Disney Dream 3 Nt Bahamas, 5/11- Beach Club, 10/11- (Disneymoon) Beach Club, 12/11-Beach Club 3/12- BCV/BLT , 5/12- BCV/OKW/BLT, 9/12-BWV/BCV/BLT/AoA, 11/12- BCV 2/13- BCV/OKW, 4/13-BWV, 9/13- BWV, 10/13- Yacht Club , 2/14- BWV, 4/14- BWV/WL, 7/14- Yacht Club-CL, 10/14- Yacht Club , 11/14- The Grand/AoA
Me (28) DH (29)
herb102211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 10:06 AM   #863
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne

Well, my plan is to call to book everything we want Monday morning but knowing we might not be able to and some will have to be done Tuesday.

I will be in and airport Tuesday morning so hoping Monday does work out

**In Progress** It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Disney World with a 1 month old - A Trip Report: 08/25-08-29/14
Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
TheMaxRebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 10:36 AM   #864
amandaC
Mouseketeer

I have a Party of the Senses question-
My DH and I have gone many times and love it. I have two teen foodie sons (my DH is a chef) and I thought they are now adventurous enough to try it. I know kids can go, as I've seen kids, some quite young, there before. I know I will pay full price. My question is: what is there to drink that is non-alcoholic? I've never paid attention as I'm always focused on the wine!
amandaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 11:12 AM   #865
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Water? Seriously that is about your only option besides beer, wine etc....
Not great options.
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 12:06 PM   #866
Bobina99
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaC View Post
I have a Party of the Senses question-
My DH and I have gone many times and love it. I have two teen foodie sons (my DH is a chef) and I thought they are now adventurous enough to try it. I know kids can go, as I've seen kids, some quite young, there before. I know I will pay full price. My question is: what is there to drink that is non-alcoholic? I've never paid attention as I'm always focused on the wine!
The service staff at PFTS is more than happy to bring out any soft drinks or juices they have at the showplace....you simply have to ask a server.
Bobina99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 12:07 PM   #867
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter View Post
Water? Seriously that is about your only option besides beer, wine etc....
Not great options.
Some of the stations where they do mixed drinks should have some mixers..
smile4stamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 12:17 PM   #868
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post

AKL IPO wouldn't even try to book deminars for me yesterday. They had no idea that there were certain "perk-ed" guests who were allowed to book early. So, I did it myself!

The DIS is reporting the Disney Visa offer, but their list has everything on it. Doesn't appear that anything has been left off their list of available things to book. http://www.wdwinfo.com/news/disney-news.htm

Disney Visa cardholders can book one day early - Monday, August 12 from 7:00am-11:00pm EST.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reservations for these dining experiences open up at 7:00am EST on August 13. Tables in Wonderland members were able to begin making reservations on August 9 at 8:00am. They will also receive $2 off culinary demonstrations, beverage seminars and mixology seminars held on Mondays-Thursdays

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
PNO4TE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 01:56 PM   #869
Lindaland
Mouseketeer

Any news on events that are now closed??

Lindaland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 04:13 PM   #870
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobina99 View Post
The service staff at PFTS is more than happy to bring out any soft drinks or juices they have at the showplace....you simply have to ask a server.
I met a woman last year who complained LOUDLY and LONG that they would NOT bring her stuff for her child. She said over and over again "DID THEY EXPECT HIM TO DRINK WINE" (I admit I had to keep from saying "no they didn't expect you to bring an 8 year old")

I expect part of the problem is that there are more "people" then servers, it's a high ratio in general admission

As for the 'mixers' idea it's a good one ,but some parties have basically no "mixed drinks"
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: