Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2013, 04:42 PM   #841
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
Ad says "Cardmembers." But it is an ad from Disney Visa specifically. As to what the answer is about other Chase VISA cards? Don't know, can't tell from the ad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter View Post
It says Disney Visa and I don't see this offer on my SW Chase Visa listing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaxRebo View Post
Per the e-mail it says "with your Disney Visa Card"
Possibly one of the (very few) "perks" we get for having a Disney Visa?!!

RachelTori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 05:02 PM   #842
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!

I have a Disney Visa and would love to book a day early the 2 events I want however I have already purchased Disney Gift Cards to use to book them. Is there any way to book only a little bit on the Disney Visa and then the rest with the Gift Cards? I know its the first year this option has been offered so it is anyones guess...
smile4stamps is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-09-2013, 05:19 PM   #843
Lindaland
Mouseketeer

Reading these posts are depressing!!! Between the AP holders, card-members and the Disney IT department scheduling things that weren't supposed to open til Tuesday.... I am worried I will miss the only 2 I was able to see!!

I still have my fingers crossed and wishing for some good old !!!
And a little doesn't hurt either!!

Lindaland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 06:17 PM   #844
donnishobson
Mouseketeer

Live in California, so i hope PFTS reserved seating is open to book with Disney Visa Monday at 3 am my time. Getting up on Tues agaIn at 3 am will make Tues work a little tricky.
donnishobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 06:41 PM   #845
Brocktoon
21st Century Schizoid Man

I shouldn't be able to book any else until Tues morning, so I'm curious to see what's open on Monday and what may sell out. While the 3D Dessert event was open to everyone this morning, the 'Sweet Seats' were not open. I figured I had a pretty good shot at getting some Sweet Seats if I called 1st thing on Tuesday ... but now who knows I've just got a sinking feeling that the premium seat options may be available on Monday and may sell out. If it does, it's not the end of the world, but like most I'm just pretty ticked at the lack of communication with the schedule, special offers, IT bugs etc ...

All the info had been pointing to 3D Dessert and premium options not opening until 8/13 ... and now let's just change things up last minute??

Next Trip: Food & Wine Fest: 10/23 - 10/31 2014
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice

- Neil Peart
Brocktoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 06:54 PM   #846
marsh0013
i want to drive the zamboni

So I finally got around to calling member services to book around 7:15pm, I actually booked a Saturday demo online earlier today (Gale Gand Sat Oct 19 at 5pm). I was told that the Bacardi mixology and the lobster culinary demo (3pm) on Oct 17 are not available. Is it really possible that those 2 are sold out? I mean, I know Bacardi is popular, and I guess lobster as well, but it just seemed odd. Is Adam Mali a famous chef? He's doing the lobster demo, he's from Brasserie S&P Mandarin Hotel, San Francisco. I was able to book the shrimp 5pm demo the same day, and since I couldn't get the Bacardi mixology, I went for the Lasseter family wines demo at 2pm. We don't normally drink wine, but oh well, we'll try it. (plane lands on Wed 16 around 6pm, so didn't even ask if the Bacardi was available that day, and 17th is the last day for it)

I also was able to book the Mon Oct 21 culinary 1pm scallop, and the Pisco Portion mixology that same day.

Maybe I'll try back tomorrow and hope it was a glitch somehow. I really didn't think things without famous chefs would sell out the first day. And I would have thought the Lasseter name would be more popular than Bacardi among Disney folk, but I guess you never know.

~Yacht Club June 2014~Coronado December 2013~BWV October 2013~BCV April 2013~ASSp, BCV, BWV Oct/Nov 2012~AKV & BWV May 2012~ASSp & BWV October 2011~Pop Century June 2011~BWV & POFQ February 2011~SSR November 2010~Yacht Club CL & BWV May 2010~BWI Club Level October 2009~Swan June 2009~Pop Century March 2009~Pop Century November 2008~Pop Century August 2008~Pop Century Apr/May 2008~Celebration November 2007~Celebration September 2007~POLYNESIAN August 2007~Celebration November 20, 2006~10 or so trips growing up offsite (grandparent's house)~
i love the 50's prime time cafe!

June 2009 BDay Solo Dining Report Mar 2009 Solo Dining Report
Nov 2008 Solo Dining Report Nov 2008 Solo Trip to Pop
Family Trip Dining Report, August 2008 Family Trip to Pop Report, Aug 13-20
Solo Deluxe Dining, Apr/May 2008 Solo Pop Apr 30-May 7 Trip Report
marsh0013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 07:01 PM   #847
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindaland View Post
Reading these posts are depressing!!! Between the AP holders, card-members and the Disney IT department scheduling things that weren't supposed to open til Tuesday.... I am worried I will miss the only 2 I was able to see!!

I still have my fingers crossed and wishing for some good old !!!
And a little doesn't hurt either!!
I have been thinking about this...
Honestly it does seem kind of unfair that a lot of stuff people never even get a shot at. Yes I am in EVERY "early booking pool' but.... still.

Seems like a lottery system or allocated slot (X for day one bookers, X for day two bookers) would be fairer

Not to mention that you to Epcot and they give you this great brochure but fail to mention "but of course if you just stumbled into this and paid close to $100 at the gate for a ticket YOU can't do any of this"

I am not sure what the solution is but the current system seems to be a mess IMHO
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 07:02 PM   #848
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsh0013 View Post
So I finally got around to calling member services to book around 7:15pm, I actually booked a Saturday demo online earlier today (Gale Gand Sat Oct 19 at 5pm). I was told that the Bacardi mixology and the lobster culinary demo (3pm) on Oct 17 are not available. Is it really possible that those 2 are sold out? I mean, I know Bacardi is popular, and I guess lobster as well, but it just seemed odd. Is Adam Mali a famous chef? He's doing the lobster demo, he's from Brasserie S&P Mandarin Hotel, San Francisco. I was able to book the shrimp 5pm demo the same day, and since I couldn't get the Bacardi mixology, I went for the Lasseter family wines demo at 2pm. We don't normally drink wine, but oh well, we'll try it. (plane lands on Wed 16 around 6pm, so didn't even ask if the Bacardi was available that day, and 17th is the last day for it)

I also was able to book the Mon Oct 21 culinary 1pm scallop, and the Pisco Portion mixology that same day.

Maybe I'll try back tomorrow and hope it was a glitch somehow. I really didn't think things without famous chefs would sell out the first day. And I would have thought the Lasseter name would be more popular than Bacardi among Disney folk, but I guess you never know.
I am betting that on the lobster demo it was the food not the chef. But I am with you on Bacardi. And I know that's one I bought the day of last year (it was fun!)
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 07:24 PM   #849
marsh0013
i want to drive the zamboni

Quote:

I am betting that on the lobster demo it was the food not the chef. But I am with you on Bacardi. And I know that's one I bought the day of last year (it was fun!)
Honestly I'm more bummed about Bacardi and the only reason I even asked about the lobster availability was because Bacardi wasn't available. Original plan was to hit the booths early, go back to bwv for a swim, then come back for shrimp and Bacardi. Haha best laid plans. My own fault for not calling earlier while I was at work.

~Yacht Club June 2014~Coronado December 2013~BWV October 2013~BCV April 2013~ASSp, BCV, BWV Oct/Nov 2012~AKV & BWV May 2012~ASSp & BWV October 2011~Pop Century June 2011~BWV & POFQ February 2011~SSR November 2010~Yacht Club CL & BWV May 2010~BWI Club Level October 2009~Swan June 2009~Pop Century March 2009~Pop Century November 2008~Pop Century August 2008~Pop Century Apr/May 2008~Celebration November 2007~Celebration September 2007~POLYNESIAN August 2007~Celebration November 20, 2006~10 or so trips growing up offsite (grandparent's house)~
i love the 50's prime time cafe!

June 2009 BDay Solo Dining Report Mar 2009 Solo Dining Report
Nov 2008 Solo Dining Report Nov 2008 Solo Trip to Pop
Family Trip Dining Report, August 2008 Family Trip to Pop Report, Aug 13-20
Solo Deluxe Dining, Apr/May 2008 Solo Pop Apr 30-May 7 Trip Report
marsh0013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 07:35 PM   #850
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!

Debating between a French Regional Lunch and a Kitchen Memories... Anyone done both? Which would you choose again?
smile4stamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 08:09 PM   #851
Quacktatty
DIS Veteran

I booked 13 events this morning and in spite of the horribly slow CM I had I breezed through it. Hoping that Sweet Sundays doesn't sell out when I go to book on Tuesday.
Previous Trips: DL and WDW numerous times on and off-site as a child, 1999 High School trip to WDW, played on stage at Cosmic Ray's and in DTD. 3/03 - 1 Day in MK, 10/03 - ASMovies, 1/07 - 7 nights POFQ, 9/08 - 6 nights AKL, 10/09 - 10 nights POP/AKL, 5/10 - 5 nights POFQ, 10/10 - 7 nights AKL, 11/11 - 5 nights DLR (HoJo)

Trip Reports: May 2010, October 2009, September 2008, January 2007

Dining Reviews:October 2010, May 2010, October 2009, September 2008

Quacktatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 08:12 PM   #852
princesspooh323
Mouseketeer

I was shocked how fast the process was. I on,y booked one demo, but I was off the phone in under ten minutes.
Animal Kingdom Lodge- Kidani Village/ Swan October 2013, Coronado Springs/Beach Club Villas/ Pop Century June & July 2013, Pop Century/Bay Lake Towers Aug 2012, Polynesian/Caribbean Beach Aug 2011, All Star Music/Port Orleans French Quarter June 2009, Wyndam Lake Buena Vista Resort August 2002, Many offsite stays pre 2002

princesspooh323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 09:11 PM   #853
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I have been thinking about this...
Honestly it does seem kind of unfair that a lot of stuff people never even get a shot at. Yes I am in EVERY "early booking pool' but.... still.

Seems like a lottery system or allocated slot (X for day one bookers, X for day two bookers) would be fairer

Not to mention that you to Epcot and they give you this great brochure but fail to mention "but of course if you just stumbled into this and paid close to $100 at the gate for a ticket YOU can't do any of this"

I am not sure what the solution is but the current system seems to be a mess IMHO
It is a mess, that is for sure. I hope all the premium events and dinners open for booking for everyone on Tues morning, but who knows?

TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
gwynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 10:32 PM   #854
mmbl
DIS Veteran

Any info why they changed the date for booking some of the special events, such as Party for the Senses, until the 13th? Last week they said the 9th so I was up bright and early.
Old 08-09-2013, 10:36 PM   #855
mmbl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
Surprising that you can book online, TIW said that wasn't supposed to open up until Tuesday. However if you want the Monday-Thursday discount, you still have to call.

Are they asking for any confirmation that the person booking is TIW/AP/DVC/Golden Oak?
Pass -holder, TIW, DVC, Golden Oak address are all ( should be) tied together in their comp info system. I know mine is.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: