Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2013, 09:33 PM   #1771
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
The butt surgery was funny and we inspected him later and nothing really looked different that we could tell. if my butt is getting wrapped up,I want a few inches off!
LOL, me too!
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 09:52 AM   #1772
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
So the bees weren't there when you guys were there, or did you just never use that station? I only used it the one time I think.
Let's jsut say we had TWO castles to eat at.
!
I didn't even know that filling station was there! When Kadence was swimming we took turns refilling our mugs inside. LOL
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Caretames1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-08-2013, 01:33 PM   #1773
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
LOL, me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
I didn't even know that filling station was there! When Kadence was swimming we took turns refilling our mugs inside. LOL
too funny. I may need to add that to a paper for future travelers.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 09:53 PM   #1774
Kathy Jetson
DIS Veteran

I walked around the Big Blue pool and took pictures. I thought I took one of everything but you have at least 3 things I never even saw when I was there. I don't know what I was looking at and how I could have missed them

I showed River you butt surgery pictures and he thought it was hilarious too!
Kathy Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 11:35 AM   #1775
surlecn
Earning My Ears

Thanks for such an informative report.
Old 08-09-2013, 12:49 PM   #1776
francis6306
DIS Veteran

I had NO idea that there was a refilling station out at the pool area! MAN! What did Claire think of the music under the water?

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR

Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
francis6306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 07:44 PM   #1777
MEK
DIS Veteran

That picture of Rafiki's butt all wrapped up is pretty darn funny!

McDonald's french fries - yeah, I see the resemblance.

Beautiful pictures of the pool area. Such a fun and festive pool.

I absolutely hate when a soda station is covered in bees. It scares the crap out of me.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 09:51 PM   #1778
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Jetson View Post
I walked around the Big Blue pool and took pictures. I thought I took one of everything but you have at least 3 things I never even saw when I was there. I don't know what I was looking at and how I could have missed them

I showed River you butt surgery pictures and he thought it was hilarious too!
I tried to get everything. I probably missed stuff too though.
Nothing like butt surgery to get a laugh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by surlecn View Post
Thanks for such an informative report.
Welcome to Dis!

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
I had NO idea that there was a refilling station out at the pool area! MAN! What did Claire think of the music under the water?
I know I had read about it before I went, so I think I went looking for it more than anything.
She did say she could hear stuff underwater and it was "super cool".

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
That picture of Rafiki's butt all wrapped up is pretty darn funny!

McDonald's french fries - yeah, I see the resemblance.

Beautiful pictures of the pool area. Such a fun and festive pool.

I absolutely hate when a soda station is covered in bees. It scares the crap out of me.
The whole resort is fun! I am really glad we gave it a try. It was still very new too. In fact one day Alexis told me they had the door open for some reason while they were staying there and the mirror just cracked. I guess it was from the humidity and cool air mixing. They were shocked and mousekeeeping just taped it.
Old 08-10-2013, 08:11 AM   #1779
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

That dang bus finally came and we were off to the Magic Kingdom!

As we entered, the parade was going by, so we stopped and watched a bit of it.

We decided to slip in and see which princesses were meeting. Claire was hoping for Rapunzel, but she was not meeting at the time, but the line was short, so we went in anyways.

You can never see Cinderella too many times.

And the photopass photographer got a cheesy smile from me.

I love you Cindy!

Aurora was waiting next.

I am not sure why she is making this face. They mustíve been talking about something funny.

Claire is all about hugging.

And they were the only 2 meeting right now, so we headed out.
Old 08-10-2013, 12:14 PM   #1780
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

What a shame that only two of the Princesses were out. The photos have come out great though.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 06:09 PM   #1781
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
What a shame that only two of the Princesses were out. The photos have come out great though.

Corinna
I was surprised only 2 were out. But the line was short, so it worked for us.
Old 08-10-2013, 07:13 PM   #1782
Beth D
DIS Veteran

Love the pics! I can't wait until LM comes out on DVD in October. I've always seemed to miss the releases!

Yes, they do look like fries! Where's the ketchup?

Just curious - how many autograph books has Claire filled with signatures from Disney so far? Do you think you have all autographs at least once yet? I was in front of a couple once that had been at the parks for 3 weeks straight - and they had a school age kid with them. It would have been March. They were on their 3rd book, and were trying hard to find Jiminy Cricket. They said he was among the hardest...

I couldn't imagine being away from home for that long, the $$ spent, nor working so hard just for Disney autographs! I like Disney, but not that much!
Old 08-10-2013, 07:19 PM   #1783
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

You know me.... I always like to see the princess photos.

Glad the line was short, but that does stink that Rapunzel wasn't there.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 11:48 PM   #1784
rndmr2
DIS Veteran

That Big Blue pool looks fun, you got some nice pics of the area.

Great pics with the Cindy and Aurora.

8/1985--Days Inn Sand Lake Rd, 8/1987-- Wilson World, 12/1987-- Contemporary, 8/1989-- Caribbean Beach, 12/1989-- Port Orleans (now POFQ), 7/1990-- Caribbean Beach, 6/1991-- Carribbean Beach (Senior Week!), 8/1992-- Port Orleans (Now POFQ), 9/1995--All Star Music, August 1998-- Dixie Landings -Alligator Bayou (now PO Riverside), 7/1999-- All Star Movies, 11/2004-- Pop Century, 5/2010 POR Magnolia Bend, 5/2011 Saratoga Springs Resort
rndmr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 07:14 AM   #1785
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Hi all. I will come back later to do responses.
I am actually bringing this TR to a hault right now for a little bit.
Sunday morning at 4:30 AM we recieved a phone call. Typically late night calls means cows got out and Skip has to go out and round them up. I only wish that was the call. The phone was for me and it was a local hospital.
My oldest daughter Paige was in a car accident. That is just an awful call to get, and they give you next to NO info at all on the phone. I kept asking and they just said she was stable. What kind of answer is that? They also couldn't get a hold of her Dad and asked me to keep trying as well.
Of course the hospital she went to is one that is not very close at all. A good one, but not convenient to get to and I honestly was not even sure how to get there as it has been 20 years since I last went there.
On the way I called Paiges dad and he did end up getting the call too. We both arrived at the same time, we ended up finding each other on the road and made our way to the hospital.
When we got to the ER they said she was being moved to a room and admitted.
Still no info really, only that she was a passenger and was ejected from the vehicle and she looked darn good for someone thrown from a truck.
We finally got to see her. She remembers nothing of the accident, which is good and said there were 4 of them. The ER people told us 3 were taken to different hospitals.
She was with her friend Ashley for the night and they met up with 2 guy friends and decided to go out after the bar closed. The driver is a fun guy and she said she never really knew if he was drunk or if he had been drinking because he acted like normal. They took off and he started driving crazy, not drunk crazy, but being stupid and we think he lost control of the truck and flipped it.
Through out the day we found out that Ashley was the only one with a seatbelt on and that she is the 1 who called 911. She said she was the only passgenger left and the other 3 were missing. The police told us they had to seach for the other 3 in a bean field. Ithis really hurts my heart to know she was laying in a field and people had to search for her) The driver had died and Paige and the other boy, Aaron were life flighted to 2 Toledo hospitals. Ashley was taken to the small town hospital near by and from what I understand she has racing heart issues, but was released later in the day.
From what it sounds, Aaron was in really bad shape and he is lucky to be alive. We have heard he had major head trauma, but he is stable now, which the police were amazed to hear.
Paige faired very well for such a horrific accident. She has fractured ribs, partial collasped lung, a torn spleen and some scrapes and bruises. Amazingly not one scratch on her face. She also has neck pain and though no broken bnones (which again is amazing) they are keeping her in a neck brace.
She will be in the hospital for several days as they are monitoring the spleen and if it heals she will get to come home by the weekend most likely. If not they will take it out. They sound hopeful.
Basically the police told us they were amazed to find anyone alive that was thrown and that Paige looked really good.
God was really watching over Paige. There is no other way to see it. She is lucky to be alive and I am lucky she is. This could've been so much worse than it already is.
I do ask for prayers for Paige, the other 2 surviving passengers and for the boys family who died. It's going to be a long road for all of them. And remember how precious life is!!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: