Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2013, 12:37 PM   #16
Donna3271
DIS Veteran

I've been on all 4 ships. Saying that, I can't wait to go on the Magic this Nov. It looks like it is going to be majorly overhauled. We are doing the Wonder in a few weeks (Alaska) and love that ship as well. I have to keep telling my kids that the water areas are not rehabbed on the Wonder (they will hardly be in the pool anyway up there).

PLUS... when going to Castaway Cay on the smaller ships, there is significantly less people on the island.

I happen to love the classic ships. The Aquaduct is cool, but as a PP stated, I would not plan my vacation around it either. The Magic will have 2 cool slides as well!

No wrong decisions here!!! Enjoy!!!
Donna3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 12:57 PM   #17
TempusFugit
Are you a fan of delicious flavor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna3271 View Post
No wrong decisions here!!! Enjoy!!!

This is absolutely correct. It's like choosing between two delicious slices of pie.

Want to split a pineapple?
TempusFugit is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-09-2013, 01:04 PM   #18
P'colaBeachBum
Go 'Noles!

We changed our Feb 2014 trip from the Fantasy to the Magic (4 day) because I really didn't want to spend 7 days in a small cabin. We were able to get a 1-bedroom suite on the Magic for less money! I don't really care if they don't add a concierge lounge..from some of the reports I've read here... we won't miss it.
Old 08-09-2013, 01:09 PM   #19
DisneyNurse19
Mouseketeer

Not that this will help you but the Adult Pool is so much better on the Magic You can actually swim in it
Old 08-09-2013, 01:12 PM   #20
Donna3271
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempusFugit View Post
This is absolutely correct. It's like choosing between two delicious slices of pie.

LOVE IT!!! Great analogy!!!

Also,
DisneyNurse, I agree!!! I love the adult pool on the Magic. I can't wait to see what they've done to her!
Donna3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 01:17 PM   #21
Texashokies
Disney Dreaming

I think I would switch to Magic just so the boys could do all the Marvel stuff. They are releasing new info on the Magic every week, and it looks like it will have most (if not all) the technological gizmos they have on the newer ship.

We are going on the Magic in March. My 10 year old daughter has already asked if she has to hang out with us, because she wants to stay in the kids area the whole time.
Old 08-09-2013, 01:21 PM   #22
DisneyOHFan
Livin' for Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfox97 View Post
I would choose the Magic everyday over the Dream (even without being redone!).
I second that. I would do the Magic over the Dream anytime.
DisneyOHFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 01:39 PM   #23
castlegazer
Soccer Mom - no really, I am a Mom and I play soccer
Tries to be naughty, but always fails
Thinks Buzz (or Woody?) is sexy.
Official Tag Fairy Translator

I posted this to another poster's question about this decision:

I switched from Dream to Magic in Feb 2014. Here is why:

I didn't like the Aquaduck enough after doing it once right at the beginning of our last Dream cruise to stand in line for an hour to do it, and it was broken down a lot.

the new AquaDunk looks fabulous and line preventative as it's such a quick ride! And I am short so I think, and this is just speculation at this point, I can ride on the Twist and Spout as an adult (up to 5'4") - wicked cool!

I really really felt the crowds of the Dream in the dining rooms, except in Animator's. I absolutely loved Animators on the Dream!

The cool things I loved about Animators is coming to the Magic plus the new enhancements that the Fantasy has!

I really hated the pools on the Dream - why oh why can't they have made them bigger for the bigger crowds! What were they thinking?!

How flippin cool does the AquaLab family area look?! Really cool!

Dream had the most fabulous kids clubs imaginable!!! Really they are amazing! And Detective was so awesome!

BUT my 11yo son lives and dies for the Avengers and Iron Man - he is psyched!!!! Avengers Academy! (Hope it doesn't interfere with anything else that day!)

Castaway Cay doesn't grow in size when the big ships dock! It really does get crowded and hectic there with the bigger ships docked. But I didn't have any problems getting a space where we loved even with the bigger crowds. So I would say this isn't that big of an issue, but....

smaller ships at CC make for a more pleasant day all around at the place I like to refer to as Heaven on Earth

I am a big fan of the Rainforest Room and an even bigger fan of the exotic Rasul on the Magic - the Dream's rainforest area was always packed and no exotic rasul room as far as I am aware. But I was newly divorced for my Dream cruise, so maybe it existed, but I just didn't do it.

Brand spankin new spa area on the Magic to check out (please Disney keep the Exotic Rasul!!!! PLEASE! I have an amazing boyfriend now and really want to show him this "treatment" )

less crowds on Magic when getting your pictures and re-booking and for characters meetings and for shows and for... well, you get the picture

So there is a smidgin of why I chose to change back to the Magic. I am wicked psyched!!!

oh and by the way, I really didn't like the food on the Dream (except Remy was amazing beyond words!!!), but love it on the Magic - so this is very subjective and may have been because it was a nightmare of crowds, pace, craziness for our servers each time we ate in the dining rooms so I may have been at the end of my rope each night too. My server ended up being our server from a Magic cruise and he was so excited at first to go over to the Dream but then he told us he wanted to go back so badly because it's so hard to deal with the crowds in the dining room every night and you don't get to know your passengers as well.

07/13/12 - 07/15/12 2SN NYC Disney Magic cabin 2012 ~ ~ 04/17/11 - 04/21/11 4S Port Canaveral, Florida Disney Dream cabin 5650 ~~ 04/18/09 - 04/25/09 7-Night Caribbean Cruise Port Canaveral, Florida Disney Magic cabin 7586 ~~ 04/29/06 - 05/06/06 7-Night Caribbean Cruise Port Canaveral, Florida Disney Magic cabin 6608

castlegazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 03:54 PM   #24
CdnCarrie
DIS Veteran

Thanks for all the input! I'm leaning towards the Magic.
CdnCarrie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: