Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2013, 12:40 PM   #1
alliejb
Earning My Ears

Lost Property on Disney Dream

We were on the Disney Dream last October & unfortunately got caught in Hurricane Sandy. We ended up changing cabins after the first night, so stayed in 2 cabins. When we were packing to leave the ship we did not check very well as all we wanted to do was get off the ship as my daughter was quite ill. When we got back to the villa,we discovered we did not have our camcorder discs in our bags and know we had left them in one of the cabins. We did contact the lost property and explained that on our last night it was so rough that doors were opening and everything was flying around so there was every chance these discs may have fallen somewhere and they are fairly small so they may need to search for them. Unfortunately after about a month of constant emails from me it seemed like they were not going to turn up. These discs had some very precious recordings on them and I am still heartbroken that they were lost. My question is how long do they keep your details on file, for instance if they were found 3/4 months later would they still contact you? I was just wondering if it would be worthwhile contacting them again? We are going to Florida again in 4 months time and as I am sorting out my camcorder it has reminded me about this and would be so delighted if these could be found. We know for certain they were left on the ship, so really cannot understand why they have not been found yet. Sorry if this has gone on abit, still upsets me so much about the recordings I lost Thank you to anyone who reads this and has any suggestions
alliejb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 02:04 PM   #2
DisneyDreamer2504
DIS Veteran

I don't know for sure with Disney, but most places only keep stuff for 3-4 months, tops. The sheer numbers of lost/forgotten items would take up more space than is reasonable. It's also unlikely that they would contact you, even if your info is on the items. I'm sure that's not what you want to hear, but it's true. I forgot both mine and DH'S swimsuits (including my favorite Disney suit!) in our stateroom. Tried right after we got back, had minimal response, and ultimately gave up. Now it's two years later....I really miss that suit too!

Sept '10 - Wonder
Sept '11 - WDW Caribbean Beach/Dream - Honeymoon!
May '12 - AKV
Sept '13 - SSR/FANTASY
DisneyDreamer2504 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: