Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-07-2013, 04:23 PM   #2371
Lehuaann
Lehu hu Boo Boo
 
Lehuaann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: TN - from So Cal
Posts: 2,449

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1girln3boys View Post
Thanks so much. No kids this trip just me and hubby.
Well in that case...then my ideal day would be pool, massages (great spa), Jiko, lounge dessert/wine/espresso, hot tub. We also love sitting in the lobby in the evenings. We will take our drinks down from lounge and sit/walk around...
__________________
"'Ohana means family. Family means no one gets left behind ...or forgotten."
Lehuaann is offline  
Old 08-07-2013, 04:28 PM   #2372
Lehuaann
Lehu hu Boo Boo
 
Lehuaann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: TN - from So Cal
Posts: 2,449

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebby View Post
We just bit the bullet and booked and amazing deal for club level at the polynesian with a travel agency. We saved 2800.00 off rack rate!!!!

A few questions!!

1. Now that I have a confirmation number, can I contact the IPO? Is there a certain email for the IPO for the polynesian?

2. Can the IPO book the Dessert party for me or am I better to book myself?

3. Should I send room requests to the IPO or just do it when I do online check in?

thanks!
Awesome savings!

1) Yes, contact Poly IPO -
Polynesian.Itinerary.Planning@disneyworld.com
Walt Disney World Itinerary Planning Office
Phone: (407) 824-2466
Fax: (407) 824-3162

2) I would book that myself since they go so fast. And have IPO add it to the itinerary.

3) Both.
__________________
"'Ohana means family. Family means no one gets left behind ...or forgotten."
Lehuaann is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-07-2013, 07:35 PM   #2373
shellypaige
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 413

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebby View Post
We just bit the bullet and booked and amazing deal for club level at the polynesian with a travel agency. We saved 2800.00 off rack rate!!!!

A few questions!!

1. Now that I have a confirmation number, can I contact the IPO? Is there a certain email for the IPO for the polynesian?

2. Can the IPO book the Dessert party for me or am I better to book myself?

3. Should I send room requests to the IPO or just do it when I do online check in?

thanks!
What travel agency did you use?
shellypaige is offline  
Old 08-08-2013, 07:20 AM   #2374
Kebby
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 239

I pm'd you!
Kebby is online now  
Old 08-08-2013, 07:38 AM   #2375
jecon
Mouseketeer
 
jecon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 161

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebby View Post
I pm'd you!
Hi Kebby- I would love to hear the TA you used too. Thanks!
jecon is offline  
Old 08-08-2013, 12:16 PM   #2376
imobsessedwithdisney
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 136

Hi everyone sorry for another question but I was curious as to what you would do, Right now we have a cm discount for poly GV CL for 8 days in January. I'm a little nervous that the volcano pool will be closed and that the main lobby will be under construction. For about $200 more we could stay GF SL SV. I haven't read that many positive reviews on Sugarloaf and I was excited to stay at Poly. What would you do?? Thanks for all of your opinions! Also how is the transportation to the parks at the grand Floridian?
Ps I had asked a similar question to this regarding RPC but that is now out of our price range.
imobsessedwithdisney is offline  
Old 08-08-2013, 12:21 PM   #2377
TPTraveler
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Clarksburg, MD
Posts: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1girln3boys View Post
Staying CL in AK for the 1st time. We will be flying in and taking transit from the airport.
It's my 40th Bday trip and looking forward to it. Any tips?
Great idea to celebrate a milestone birthday...or any birthday...or wait any occasion at WDW.

Hope you really enjoy yourselves.
__________________


Yacht Club 2014 Beach Club 2014 * Yacht Club 2013 * Polynesian 2012, 2010, 2008 * Boardwalk Inn 2011, 2006 * Contemporary 2006, 2005 * Port Orleans French Quarter 2003, 2000, 1999, 1998 * Coronado Springs 2002

Last edited by TPTraveler; 08-09-2013 at 11:30 AM.
TPTraveler is offline  
Old 08-08-2013, 12:48 PM   #2378
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran
 
mickeynut1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 15,164

Quote:
Originally Posted by imobsessedwithdisney View Post
Hi everyone sorry for another question but I was curious as to what you would do, Right now we have a cm discount for poly GV CL for 8 days in January. I'm a little nervous that the volcano pool will be closed and that the main lobby will be under construction. For about $200 more we could stay GF SL SV. I haven't read that many positive reviews on Sugarloaf and I was excited to stay at Poly. What would you do?? Thanks for all of your opinions! Also how is the transportation to the parks at the grand Floridian?
Ps I had asked a similar question to this regarding RPC but that is now out of our price range.
We've stayed GV at the Poly and GF SL and if it were me, I'd stick with the Poly. I can't compare Poly CL to GF SL as we've never stayed Poly CL (we are trying it for the first time in December), but I didn't care for GF SL. I don't like how the lounge is located right inside the lobby of the SL building and IMO, the lounge is very small and there isn't enough seating to accommodate the number of people staying there. Having the volcano pool closed and/or having the GCH under construction would usually be a deal breaker for me, but I would deal with those situations should they be a problem before I'd book GF SL again. Don't get me wrong, there isn't anything majorly wrong with SL, I just didn't think it was worth the money compared to other club levels (but this is just my opinion ). Good luck.
__________________


Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline  
Old 08-08-2013, 01:36 PM   #2379
mgsmom
DIS Veteran
 
mgsmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Carolina Girl
Posts: 762

sorry wrong post

Hi everyone! hee hee
__________________


Are we there yet???
2000 CR Garden Wing
2004 All 4 parks in one day

2010 FW Cabin

2011 FW rented 5W

2012 Pop Century

2013 Castaway Cay (Disney Dream)

Last edited by mgsmom; 08-08-2013 at 01:39 PM. Reason: I'm a dork
mgsmom is offline  
Old 08-09-2013, 01:16 PM   #2380
samnbilly
Loves the GF and the Castle.All nurses go to heaven. Has a shoe obsession
 
samnbilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 738

I'm a little concerned with my split ressie!
We have changed our ressie for Oct. & split our stay, so we are staying 3 nights in WL Deluxe CL & 5 nights at BWI. This is our 1st stay in both.
I've e-mailed both IPO's with some questions & planning help-nothing crazy..
WL IPO is amazing! They answer every question, give amazing suggestions & help. They have been the best IPO, so far, I've ever used!
BWI is making me a little nervous! We only changed because my family loves to spend almost every night at Epcot, so it's more convenient. I could only get a deluxe room for the 5 nights, so I had to split my stay.
I asked them a few questions & they've given me very limited info & the one thing I was very unfamiliar with planning for-they just gave me a phone #, I had asked for restaurant suggestions on the Boardwalk, they forgot to answer me, I had to e-mail them back. I know that I could book something myself, isn't that why I asked them?
WL has been SO on top of things, asking for my flight info, being so incredibly helpful, that I'm almost regretting having to move!
Please tell me it's Better once I get there! I'm not one who books CL for the food. I book it for the convenience of planning & changing certain things..I'm starting to worry!!!!
__________________
Sept.99-GF Lodge concierge(During Hurricane)
May.01-Poly concierge
Oct.03-GF RPC
Oct.04-GF-S.L./BC-concierge
Aug. 05-BC/ AKL
Oct. 06- off site
Oct. 08-BC
Oct. 13 BWI CL

samnbilly is offline  
Old 08-09-2013, 02:58 PM   #2381
TigrLvsPooh
Disney's Ultimate Fan, and our very own Travel Channel television star!!!
Anthony's Girl
Got my way
 
TigrLvsPooh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Indiana
Posts: 10,143

Quote:
Originally Posted by samnbilly View Post
I'm a little concerned with my split ressie!
We have changed our ressie for Oct. & split our stay, so we are staying 3 nights in WL Deluxe CL & 5 nights at BWI. This is our 1st stay in both.
I've e-mailed both IPO's with some questions & planning help-nothing crazy..
WL IPO is amazing! They answer every question, give amazing suggestions & help. They have been the best IPO, so far, I've ever used!
BWI is making me a little nervous! We only changed because my family loves to spend almost every night at Epcot, so it's more convenient. I could only get a deluxe room for the 5 nights, so I had to split my stay.
I asked them a few questions & they've given me very limited info & the one thing I was very unfamiliar with planning for-they just gave me a phone #, I had asked for restaurant suggestions on the Boardwalk, they forgot to answer me, I had to e-mail them back. I know that I could book something myself, isn't that why I asked them?
WL has been SO on top of things, asking for my flight info, being so incredibly helpful, that I'm almost regretting having to move!
Please tell me it's Better once I get there! I'm not one who books CL for the food. I book it for the convenience of planning & changing certain things..I'm starting to worry!!!!
I think YC/BC/BWI all share an IPO department. When we stayed at the BWI CL in January the emails went to the same people who helped us at yacht and beach. Unless maybe its just the emails that are the same but the offices are different? I'm not sure.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
Erika Murphy
My WDW Resort stays: Grand Floridian 2012, 2003, 2001, 1994 * Polynesian 2013, 2011, 2008, 2008, 2005, 2003 * Contemporary 2014, 2008 * Bay Lake Tower 2013 *Boardwalk 2014, 2013, 2006, 2004 * Wilderness Cabin 1998 * Dixie Landings 1999 * All Star Music 2001 * Caribbean Beach Resort 2012, 2002 * Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014, 2012, 2011, 2008, 2006, 2005 * Old Key West 2009, 2008, 2004, 2003, 2002 * Yacht Club 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010, 2002 * Beach Club 2014, 2012, 2011, 2008, 2003 * Swan 2006, 2005, 2003 * Pop Century 2014, 2013, 2012, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004 * Art of Animation 2014 * Wilderness Lodge 2014, 2011, 2004, 2003 * Saratoga Springs 2007 * Port Orleans French Quarter 2014, 2013, 2004 * Coronado Spring 2014 *
Live from the WL CL for Christmas!!! Come join the fun: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post52762897
TigrLvsPooh is offline  
Old 08-10-2013, 03:19 AM   #2382
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney
 
sjs314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 10,045

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigrLvsPooh View Post
I think YC/BC/BWI all share an IPO department. When we stayed at the BWI CL in January the emails went to the same people who helped us at yacht and beach. Unless maybe its just the emails that are the same but the offices are different? I'm not sure.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
From what I understand that is correct.
__________________
'89 & '90- Travelodge-Hotel Plaza Blvd,'92 & '93- POFQ,'94-YC,'95 & '96-WL,'97-CSR,'06-AKL,'07-Disneyland Hotel,'09-OKW,F&G '12-BWI,MVMCP '12-BWI,F&W '13-AKL

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline  
Old 08-10-2013, 05:38 AM   #2383
ClareH37
DIS Veteran
 
ClareH37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: in my own little world
Posts: 1,770

Yes the YC/BC/BWI all share the same great IPO, their office is based at the BC.
__________________

1992/1994/1995/1997/1999/2001 - Offsite/POFQ * December 2004 - CSR, YC * December 2006 - YC CL * May 2007 - BWI * December 2007 - GF RPC, BWI CL * May 2009 - BWI CL *
May 2010 - BWI CL * November 2011 - BWI CL * December 2012 - BC CL * May 2014 - GF CL & WL CL *
ClareH37 is offline  
Old 08-10-2013, 10:36 AM   #2384
samnbilly
Loves the GF and the Castle.All nurses go to heaven. Has a shoe obsession
 
samnbilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 738

I switched my entire ressie over to BWI last night. I don't want to bother with packing/re packing & worrying about waiting for our luggage the day of my DH's Birthday.
I e-mailed them again & made note of the change. I asked if they could suggest some activities for my teenagers because we haven't gone since 2008, & it was a very different vacation. My DH had just had brain surgery & had a difficult time there & the kids were quite a bit younger.
I wasn't sure if they did the small boat rentals for the kids (14 & 17) or any other suggestion of an activity over by BWI.
They e-mailed me back & said they already noted my room request & DH Birthday in my file (I asked if you were able to request a balcony in the Garden Suite?) this is a new room we changed to & I've never stayed there & for my DH B-Day I wanted to get some balloons & whatnot (I thought they'd recommend someplace to purchase these things)
They wrote back & said that I could fill out my profile info under my Disney Experience & see the things that are available once I filled out my profile & see what came up?
Wow! What a difference from WL IPO..I asked for help with a few specifics & was completely blown off while WL IPO offered me suggestions, offered to book things for me, etc. I'm kinda p.o.'d to be honest!
Yes, I could build a profile & take care of the other things I'm completely unaware of booking there, but isn't that the point of IPO? Maybe ppl are right! Maybe it's turned into Concierge employees putting out food & shoving out phone #'s? I really wish WL worked for us. My family spends every night in Epcot & I have a nerve disorder that's progressive & I might need an ECV this year, so making constant transfers would be more difficult when I could take the back way thru Epcot & be at our hotel!
Someone please give me some suggestions how to proceed with this because honestly- I could do their job!! I book CL because that's what I use it for/ actual pre-planning help! No offer to help book anything!! Not even an ADR!!
__________________
Sept.99-GF Lodge concierge(During Hurricane)
May.01-Poly concierge
Oct.03-GF RPC
Oct.04-GF-S.L./BC-concierge
Aug. 05-BC/ AKL
Oct. 06- off site
Oct. 08-BC
Oct. 13 BWI CL

samnbilly is offline  
Old 08-10-2013, 10:42 AM   #2385
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran
 
mickeynut1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 15,164

Quote:
Originally Posted by samnbilly View Post
I switched my entire ressie over to BWI last night. I don't want to bother with packing/re packing & worrying about waiting for our luggage the day of my DH's Birthday.
I e-mailed them again & made note of the change. I asked if they could suggest some activities for my teenagers because we haven't gone since 2008, & it was a very different vacation. My DH had just had brain surgery & had a difficult time there & the kids were quite a bit younger.
I wasn't sure if they did the small boat rentals for the kids (14 & 17) or any other suggestion of an activity over by BWI.
They e-mailed me back & said they already noted my room request & DH Birthday in my file (I asked if you were able to request a balcony in the Garden Suite?) this is a new room we changed to & I've never stayed there & for my DH B-Day I wanted to get some balloons & whatnot (I thought they'd recommend someplace to purchase these things)
They wrote back & said that I could fill out my profile info under my Disney Experience & see the things that are available once I filled out my profile & see what came up?
Wow! What a difference from WL IPO..I asked for help with a few specifics & was completely blown off while WL IPO offered me suggestions, offered to book things for me, etc. I'm kinda p.o.'d to be honest!
Yes, I could build a profile & take care of the other things I'm completely unaware of booking there, but isn't that the point of IPO? Maybe ppl are right! Maybe it's turned into Concierge employees putting out food & shoving out phone #'s? I really wish WL worked for us. My family spends every night in Epcot & I have a nerve disorder that's progressive & I might need an ECV this year, so making constant transfers would be more difficult when I could take the back way thru Epcot & be at our hotel!
Someone please give me some suggestions how to proceed with this because honestly- I could do their job!! I book CL because that's what I use it for/ actual pre-planning help! No offer to help book anything!! Not even an ADR!!
I just want to say congrats on getting BWI for all nights. I hope you have a great trip . I can't help with suggestions as I never use IPO when we stay CL as I prefer to book all of my own ADRs and research anything out of the ordinary that I might need/want to do. I'm sorry IPO isn't being very helpful . I hope someone will be able to give you some suggestions on how to proceed.
__________________


Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:20 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: