Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2013, 11:19 AM   #16
bdklein
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy99 View Post
this page you linked is for Canadians only not US or anywhere else
What if your relative played for the Canadiens? Would that get you the discount still?
bdklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 11:22 AM   #17
T16
Earning My Ears

No, not complaining at all. I missed the deadline, so I'm merely curious, not feeling cheated. The "legal" explanation offered by the CM seemed odd, but hey...

I do remember getting a free DDP after-the-fact a few years ago, in a similar situation. I must assume that my ex had called while the offer was still valid, but again, Disney's done some cool things for us over the years.

(Oh, and FWIW...I frequently DO ask a vendor to honor a particular coupon after it's expired. And they often can, and happily do. I just don't EXPECT them to...)

Last edited by T16; 08-09-2013 at 11:28 AM.
T16 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-09-2013, 11:30 AM   #18
scard192
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by T16 View Post
However, if there’s a way to get Disney to not penalize me for making my reservation a few months too early and give us the free dining everyone else is getting, it’s certainly worth a call or two.
You didn't "make your reservation a few months too early", if you had called by 7/31/13 and there was availability for your dates/resort you could have applied the FD to your reservation or perhaps had the option to move to another resort to get FD. Many people make reservations in advance and wait for discounts to come out but you still need to have the discount applied before the offer expires.

Sorry that you missed out on the FD, for September it was announced in early May and expired 7/31. Any chance you can change your dates to later in the year, there are Fall promos out right now for October-December.
Old 08-09-2013, 11:31 AM   #19
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
No, not complaining at all. I missed the deadline, so I'm merely curious, not feeling cheated. The "legal" explanation offered by the CM seemed odd, but hey...

I do remember getting a free DDP after-the-fact a few years ago, in a similar situation. I must assume that my ex had called while the offer was still valid, but again, Disney's done some cool things for us over the years.
If I were you, I would call back again and explain the situation. If that doesn't work, I would call again and ask. At least call a few times. You never know, it can't hurt. Sometimes you get cm's that seem to be willing to bend over backwards for you and other times you will get cm's who make you feel guilty for asking a simple question. You know what I mean? It can't hurt to check and then double check. At least then you can feel that you've done your best to get the fd, even if it doesn't work out in your favour.

Good luck!
Disneylover99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 11:33 AM   #20
T16
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy99 View Post
I would say it is a no-go
this is one of the reasons we use a TA. While we are on these boards we aren't on here daily and I don't have to worry about missing a discount
And the lesson I've learned is to spend more time on these boards.
Old 08-09-2013, 11:37 AM   #21
SEA333
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
It would never occur to me to ask a store to honor a coupon after it expired. Upgrades are not comparable. Disney is also not known for offering upgrades free just for asking. They do offer them sometimes, but asking is not the best way to get them. The tone of the first post appeared to be a complaint because they refused to honor the offer after it expired. I woudn't expect them to.

I don't know of anyone who was able to get free dining after it expired just because they didn't call while the offer was still good. Not that there isn't anyone out there but I don't recall seeing it on the boards.
Target does it all the time. Right at the checkout...no need to even take it to the customer service desk. I found this out by accident - I had two coupons for $5.00 off a purchase of $50.00 or more, and gave her the wrong one. Before I could even give her the correct one, she said not to worry about it, pushed a few buttons, and overrode the error.

OP - I never expected the lady at Target to override anything for me, either

It never hurts to ask!
SEA333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 11:49 AM   #22
T16
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylover99 View Post
If I were you, I would call back again and explain the situation. If that doesn't work, I would call again and ask. At least call a few times. You never know, it can't hurt. Sometimes you get cm's that seem to be willing to bend over backwards for you and other times you will get cm's who make you feel guilty for asking a simple question. You know what I mean? It can't hurt to check and then double check. At least then you can feel that you've done your best to get the fd, even if it doesn't work out in your favour.

Good luck!
^^ This is what I'd be inclined to do, and while I'm certain that some policies are unbendable, in my experience, it never hurts to ask in a respectful and understanding way (exactly what I did with the reservations CM I spoke with). And I'm certain they deal with attitudes of entitlement all day long, bless them all, so I get it.

I was overseas and remote much of the summer, so maybe I'll play that angle.

Unfortunately, we're locked in for our dates, as I'm taking my DD's out of school, and this was the least disruptive week...
Old 08-09-2013, 04:27 PM   #23
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
^^ This is what I'd be inclined to do, and while I'm certain that some policies are unbendable, in my experience, it never hurts to ask in a respectful and understanding way (exactly what I did with the reservations CM I spoke with). And I'm certain they deal with attitudes of entitlement all day long, bless them all, so I get it.
I don't know. Ask once or twice and drop it. You missed the promotion. I'm sure a thousand people have reasons they think of as legitimate for missing the book by date. In my experience this is one of the things Disney rarely budges on. Asking repeatedly is nagging, and will probably get a note on your reservation.
maxiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 04:39 PM   #24
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post

I don't know. Ask once or twice and drop it. You missed the promotion. I'm sure a thousand people have reasons they think of as legitimate for missing the book by date. In my experience this is one of the things Disney rarely budges on. Asking repeatedly is nagging, and will probably get a note on your reservation.
I've never seen it happen and I've seen much more devastating reasons for missing a promo than being abroad.

OP - I'd cut your losses. Clearly you understand deadlines and that you missed it. They're as likely to give you an expired offer as they are to allow someone to use it at an excluded resort 'just this once.'

Last edited by aaarcher86; 08-09-2013 at 10:08 PM.
aaarcher86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 09:40 PM   #25
Allison
- Join date March 2004 -

I have never heard of Disney letting someone book a promotion after the date had passed.
Old 08-11-2013, 05:11 PM   #26
T16
Earning My Ears

Thanks, all - I appreciate the responses, and while I may call again and try my luck if I find the time before we go, I do understand completely why Disney has their rules. I'm glad I came here for the perspective!
Old 08-13-2013, 09:12 AM   #27
CBL
Earning My Ears

Somewhere around page 50-60 of this thread is a post about emailing disney because their resort type didn't qualify for free dining. A few people reported that they got called by the same person from Disney and he applied free dining to their account.
A bit of a different situation, but probably worth a try. There's an email address provided somewhere in there as well. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3152293
CBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 07:34 PM   #28
dmoore718
If you think being a firefighter is tough, try being a firefighter's wife

As a TA, the only luck I've ever had on expired offers is when the client decided to upgrade their resort. So, in these cases, people had booked free dining at say a value and then after the deadline, decided to stay at a moderate. I called and they did honor the free dining promo but only because they were upgrading, I was put on hold for about 20 min so that they could work it out through another dept.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: