Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2013, 03:20 PM   #3016
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Amazing shots of Tink and Dumbo.

I need to come back and take a better look at your pictures. They are beautiful at first glance and I want to spend more time enjoying them.

Not long to D23!
Thank you PiO. The pictures of Tink and Dumbo were not that bad. I was able to get them with the 18-105mm lens at the max. This is where I need a wider lens so I can get them in one picture. I am now considering getting a Nikkor 18-200mm lens or the 18-300mm lens. I want to get one of those two lens so I wouldn't have to change the 18-105mm lens to the 55-200mm lens which I have. The extra length will be good for my camera so I can get up close shots like Dumbo, Tink or even Mickey and the Magical Map show where I was quite a distance away. When I come back and take pictures from the D23 Expo trip, I will talk about it with you.

The pictures are not that bad while some of them are a little blurry.

I can't wait to leave tomorrow and be back in Anaheim for the D23 Expo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmedina View Post
I thought about doing the expo, but we decided to dump the extra money into our October trip instead. Cannot wait to read your report on it.
It's nice to hear from you Kim. The D23 Expo trip is always going to be fun but this years Expo doesn't have too many screenings that I am very interested like the last two years. I know that you and your DH will love going to the Expo. It is a good idea to save the extra money for your October trip so you can make it even more special with your family. I will be looking forward to hear from your trip report in October. I will do my best to do live updates during the trip.
mvf-m11c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 11:20 PM   #3017
ACDSNY

No freaking out allowed
Just flying by

Nice fireworks shots and I loved the Tink & Dumbo ones.

Have fun at the D23 Expo!

D
isneyland - Too many to count! Last DL trip: May 2013 WDW - Nov 2011, Nov 2009, May 2007, Oct 2006, July 2006, Oct 2005, Oct 2003, Oct 2000
DCL - S. Caribbean Oct 2014 Magic, E. Caribbean Nov 2013 Fantasy, Mexican Riviera Mar 2012 Wonder, Bahamas B2B Nov 2011 Dream, Panama Canal Jan 2011 Wonder, Bahamas Nov 2009 Wonder
Princess - Panama Canal Jan 2014, Pacific Coast May 2006, Alaska Sep 2004, Mar 1999 Australia/New Zealand
Big Island - May 2013 Kauai - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012, Feb 2010, Oct 2008 Maui - Jan & Nov 2012 Oahu Aulani - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012
ACDSNY is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-08-2013, 12:40 AM   #3018
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACDSNY View Post
Nice fireworks shots and I loved the Tink & Dumbo ones.

Have fun at the D23 Expo!
Thank you Angela. The Tink and Dumbo pictures turned out really nice.

Hope everything goes well during the D23 Expo and I will try to post pictures and details during the trip.
Old 08-09-2013, 10:33 AM   #3019
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone. Here is a live update of the trip report. Right now, my DA and I are currently in the D23 members line to get into the D23 Expo at 9am. Right now it is 7:30am and the line is quite crowded this morning. We got in the line at 6:10 am and we are between the Hilton and the Marriott which is a different spot for the waiting queue.

The queue for the D23 Arena

D23 Members line which is quite long that morning.

Here is a quick update from yesterday. My DA and I got to SoCal around 4:30pm which was really late for us since we left around 7:30am. We stopped at my grandmothers at Livingston and we had to make an extra stop in LA. We had to stop at my dads friend to get some stuff for him at his BF place. Going in that direction costs us a lot of time since we got caut in LA traffic on highway 405 which almost took 2 hours to get to Anaheim.

We got to Best Westerns Stovall's at 4:30 pm and we checked in right away to our room.

After unloading all of our bags, my DA was resting in the room from the driving. I head on over to the GCH to get to the meet up area at e Hearthstone Lounge to meet other DISers.

I got to the Hearthstone Lounge at the upside and I got to meet some DISers. I got to meet ImTooExcitedToSleep, DLR29, MaryJo, fctiger, Disneyland 1951, Disney Dreams and so many other DISers during the meet up at day. I was able to see HydroGuy again after meeting him at the last D23 Expo in 2011. It was very nice to meet other DISers that day and hear all their experiences of Disney.

After I left the Hearthstone Lounge, I met up with my DA at the ESPN Zone to have dinner but the wait time was abut 30 minutes to be seated. So we went on over to the GCH to have dinner at Storyteller's Cafe. It has been a long time since i have ate at Storytellers Cafe for dinner where we have ate during lunch time.

For dinner, I had the buffet which I got to eat a variety of food from New York strip loin, salmon, ravioli, etc. which I will tell you more later on. My DA had a margarita pizza and corn chowder which she enjoyed.

After eating dinner, we went on over to the World of Disney store while we were in DTD to see what is new. Then we head on back to the room to get some rest since we are planning on getting up early for the D23 Expo.

Now we are waiting to et in the Expo which will be about one and a half hours. I will do live updates while we are waiting for the screenings.
Old 08-09-2013, 10:48 AM   #3020
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Love live Bret. I'm in. Enjoy.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 10:17 PM   #3021
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Hope you and your DA are having a blast! What a line.
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 10:25 PM   #3022
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Long lines!

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 11:00 PM   #3023
Wonder2008
Mouseketeer

I was following along with your posts during the 2011 D23 Expo. Those of us who can not be at the expo really appareciate these pictures. Please keep them coming!

Robert
Wonder2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 11:56 PM   #3024
Minnie Sue Oz
DIS Veteran

Hi Bret!

I have been a long time reader of your reports and I love them all! I am so very happy you are going to the D23 Expo again and I must say that living over here in Australia, I sure am envious of all the time you get to spend at Disneyland!

Thank you so very much for doing a live report and I will be following along and I can't wait to see all your pics and hear all about it.
I am hoping to get over for an Expo one year, it would be such a thrill!

Hope you have fun and I look forward to seeing all your purchases!

Old 08-10-2013, 12:37 AM   #3025
ACDSNY

No freaking out allowed
Just flying by

Wow those are long lines.

D
isneyland - Too many to count! Last DL trip: May 2013 WDW - Nov 2011, Nov 2009, May 2007, Oct 2006, July 2006, Oct 2005, Oct 2003, Oct 2000
DCL - S. Caribbean Oct 2014 Magic, E. Caribbean Nov 2013 Fantasy, Mexican Riviera Mar 2012 Wonder, Bahamas B2B Nov 2011 Dream, Panama Canal Jan 2011 Wonder, Bahamas Nov 2009 Wonder
Princess - Panama Canal Jan 2014, Pacific Coast May 2006, Alaska Sep 2004, Mar 1999 Australia/New Zealand
Big Island - May 2013 Kauai - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012, Feb 2010, Oct 2008 Maui - Jan & Nov 2012 Oahu Aulani - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012
ACDSNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 02:20 AM   #3026
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Love live Bret. I'm in. Enjoy.
Thank you Jenny. Today was a wild day at the D23 Expo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
Hope you and your DA are having a blast! What a line.
Thank you TK. The line was quite long for the D23 Members line. Just around 6am, the line was long and I would have guess that the people that were in front of us came as early at 3am as I have heard. This was just only the D23 members line where the D23 Arena line was busy as well this morning.

Quote:
Long lines!
The line was quite long that morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonder2008 View Post
I was following along with your posts during the 2011 D23 Expo. Those of us who can not be at the expo really appareciate these pictures. Please keep them coming!

Robert
Hi Robert. It is nice to hear from you again and thanks for following along my past trip reports. I hope you enjoy the pictures and details of the D23 Expo trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie Sue Oz View Post
Hi Bret!

I have been a long time reader of your reports and I love them all! I am so very happy you are going to the D23 Expo again and I must say that living over here in Australia, I sure am envious of all the time you get to spend at Disneyland!

Thank you so very much for doing a live report and I will be following along and I can't wait to see all your pics and hear all about it.
I am hoping to get over for an Expo one year, it would be such a thrill!

Hope you have fun and I look forward to seeing all your purchases!

Hi Minnie Sue Oz,

I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying all my different trip reports. It is very nice to go back to the D23 Expo this year. I was hoping that the D23 Expo would have more interesting screenings to see. But there are a few that I am interested in seeing. I will get to the details later on during the live updates.

Your welcome and glad that you are following along. This will be a very interesting Expo to see all the different screenings, shopping and interaction at different pavilions. I believe the Disney will have a D23 Expo in Japan in October. I'm hoping that you will be able to attend a D23 Expo in the future.

Thank you and we will try to have a great time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACDSNY View Post
Wow those are long lines.
The lines were quite long that morning but it was later that day in the Expo where the lines were just as long as well.

Hi everyone.

I just got back from the D23 Expo today. My DA and I did quite a lot that day. Here is a quick update of what happened during the D23 Expo.

We got in the D23 Expo around 8:40am and we head on over to the Dream Store queue to go shopping. The line for the Dream Store was long that morning where we had to wait in another line to get into the store.

We were able to buy a lot of different merchandise at the Dream Store where I wanted to get limited edition pins which we were able to get that day. I thought that we wouldn't have a chance to get it that day with all the crowds. But we were able to get the pins that we wanted to get as well as different merchandise like shirts, hats, ears, etc.

After shopping at the Dream Store, we head on over to the StagePass area which is a station where you can get a StagePass which is like a Fastpass at the Disney parks where you are guarantee a spot for the screenings at the Expo. We got StagePass for Undiscovered Disneyland in Stage 23 at 12:30pm to 1:30pm. So we were guarantee a seat at that screening.

Our StagePass for the Undiscovered Disneyland screening

I am about to head to bed so I can get up early for the D23 Expo. So stay tune for more updates from the D23 Expo.

Last edited by mvf-m11c; 08-10-2013 at 02:27 AM.
Old 08-10-2013, 03:14 AM   #3027
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Seems like an intriguing list of sessions to head to.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 10:48 AM   #3028
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Seems like an intriguing list of sessions to head to.
It was intriguing the first part of the morning and I will get to back to what happen yesterday since I am waiting outside back in the D23 members line this morning where my DA is in the D23 Arena line for the "Let the Adventure Begin: Live Action at the Walt Disney Studios" while I am going to do some shopping at the "Mickey's of Glendale" store since we didn't have time to get in due to the long queue.

Back to the update forms yesterday when I didn't finish it since I went to bed last night.

After getting the StagePass, we head on over towards the Parks and Resorts pavilion which is called "Journey into Imagineering". We didn't go in the queue for the Mickey's if Glendale store since it head a long queue so we didn't stop at the store and head on over to see the pavilion.

When we got inside, there were a lot of different stations to see from the R&D division, special effects, etc. ( I will get to the full details later on since this is a live update.)

A model of Disney Springs which will be renamed of DTD at WDW.

Mymagic+ room

Spaceship Earth Early Concept Model

This was very interesting at pavilion which as the El Fortuno AA which interacts with the guest.

The Land Pavilion Early Concept Model

We didn't stay too long in the pavilion since we need to drop off the merchandise bags that we bought earlier that day since they were getting a little heavy. So we head on out of the D23 Expo around 11:15 pm.

When we drop off the bags at our hotel, we head on back to the Anaheim Convention Center to the D23 Expo.

But before we heads on back in the Expo when we were walking down, it was lunch time for the two of us around noon. Instead of eating inside the ACC, we went outside right between the two hotels which had a few food trucks. It was neat that there were different food trucks outside of the ACC where there is a different way to eat then inside. We had lunch at this food truck called "Barcelona Onthego". It was neat to have food at a food truck during the Expo where we didn't have to eat inside like the lag two Expos.

Barcelona Onthego food truck

I had the USDA Prime Top Sirloin & Fries with Chimichurriwhike my DA had a grilled chicken sandwich.

When we finished, it was around 12:25pm and we had to get back in the Expo to see the 12:30pm screening of Undiscovered Disneyland. I thought that we won't make it since we got there late even though we had a StagePass for the screening at Stage 23.

We had to get on the third floor of the ACC since that is where Stage 23 is located. It was two minutes after 12:30pm and the standby people were entering Stage 23 and I thought we wouldn't make it. But when we talked to a staff member outside if we could get in sine we had a StagePass, they let us in which was very nice. We were like one of the last people to enter Stage 23 with a StagePass.

My DA thought that this was going to be a replay of the Undiscovered Disneyland that we saw at the 2011 Expo and hope that it wasn't going to be the same and be different. Tony Baxter and Josh Shipley were the presenters for the screening. They talked about a lot of old attractions and lands at DL from Holidayland and the Mickey Mouse Club Circus. They also showed vintage Christmas pictures and floats. We got to see a different show which was very nice to see instead of the LSAT time when we saw this screening.

During the end of the screening, Tom Staggs President of Parks and Resorts made an unexpected appearance during the screening and made a announcement. He told everyone during the screening that Tony Baxter will be getting a window t MS which was a great honor for him. I knew that one day that Tony will get a window at DL one day and everyone was glad to hear it at the screening. Tom Staggs announce that three lucky people at the screening will be going to the ceremony and they were happy as well.

When we got out of Stage 23, we head on back down towards the lower level to see the movie "Planes" at the D23 Arena. This was one of the screenings that my DA wants to see.

But before we head on over to get in line for the D23 Arena, we head on over to the StagePass area to get another set of StagePass for "Pixar: Doing our Homework" at Stage 28 at 6pm to 7pm.

After getting the StagePass, we head on over to the queue for the D23 Arena for Planes. Luckily for us there was aren't anyone in the line for the Planes movie. While we were in the line, the guests that watched "Art and Imagination: at the Walt Disney Studios" just ended. I hard from the staff that the screening was way behind and ended very late just close to the Planes screening.

We head on in the D23 Arena after the last seminar and we had a good spot to watch the movie that day.

Before the movie started we got to see Klay Hall director of Planes and Traci Balthazor-Flynn prouder of Planes made an appearance and talk about the making of Planes.

Also made an appearance was Dane Cook the voice of Dusty Crophopper.

That will be it for now and I will have more updates from the Expo since I am about to enter the ACC. I won't get to the details of the movie but it was a very nice Pixar movie. I am a fan of Cars and this was very nice to watch at the D23 Expo.

Last edited by mvf-m11c; 08-10-2013 at 11:00 AM.
Old 08-10-2013, 11:58 AM   #3029
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

I'm impressed Brett that you have had time to update. I'm in line waiting for the show floor to open and we are going directly to the imagineering pavilion.
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 12:04 PM   #3030
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Great updates! So Planes is worth going to the theater to see? I'm still having flashbacks to Cars 2 which was underwhelming except for the Toy Story Short at the beginning.

Looks like you are having fun!
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: