Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-09-2013, 08:59 AM   #1
T16
Earning My Ears

Disney Can't Honor Free Dining? Really?

I imagine this question has been posted here before, and so my apologies if this is redundant…I haven’t had much luck with the search feature.

It’s been a couple of years since we’ve been to WDW, and this will be the first year back for me, DD9 and DD5 post-divorce. We’re pretty excited. My ex and I were both serious Disney Dorks, and while she did all the meticulous planning for our previous trips, I’ve learned the ropes pretty well, I think. I mention this mostly because I believe we encountered this situation before, and Disney resolved it in our favor after she talked to the right people.

Earlier this year, I made non-discounted reservations, including DDP, for September 15 – 20. Subsequently, Disney came out with a free dining offer valid during that time. Apparently, the offer expired on 7/31, however, and when I called a few days after this, I was told that Disney would not/could not honor the free dining offer (and provide me a refund, as I had paid in full) since I hadn’t called and asked for free dining prior to 7/31. Hmmm. I asked if they could make an exception and honor this anyway – again, I feel that this exact thing had happened to us a few years back, and Disney made good, as I thought was their standing policy on honoring later discounts – but I was told it was essentially against some sort of law.

So, what better place to get the scoop on this than Dis boards? If this is truly a no-go, it won’t impact our vacation one bit, and we’ll have a magical time and enjoy the dining plans we’ve paid for. However, if there’s a way to get Disney to not penalize me for making my reservation a few months too early and give us the free dining everyone else is getting, it’s certainly worth a call or two.
T16 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: