Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2013, 11:48 AM   #16
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

None of the 8As have split baths. Some of them have bathtubs. I was in 5022 and it does have a bathtub. Very small bathroom, although the rest of the room is huge.

So it is not true that 9 and up all have a split bath on the Dream or Fantasy. That is true on the Magic and Wonder.
Old 02-28-2013, 02:02 PM   #17
zippingalong
Mouseketeer

That's good to know. Thanks! For us, if we have to share a room it has to have the split bath (teen girls) so I guess an 8 would be a no go on the new ships.
zippingalong is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-28-2013, 02:47 PM   #18
jrabbit
DIS Veteran

On the classic ships we are Cat 9b (mid ship) people. Looking at the the Dream / Fantasy deck 2 (cat 9 rooms) we were a little worried about them. ...

BUT

We were just on the Dream and had a cat 9 room on Deck 2. IT WAS FANTASTIC!!! In the mornings we rolled out of bed, got cleaned up and strolled over the the Enchanted Garden for breakfast. Oh so easy. Convenient. And one of the quietest rooms we have had.

It DID HAVE the split bath.
jrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:54 PM   #19
sandals99
Earning My Ears

i just read this description for the 8A category for the Fantasy from the Disney website:

Room ConfigurationQueen-size bed, single convertible sofa, wall pull-down bed (in most) or upper berth pull-down bed (in some), split bath with round tub and shower (in most). Stateroom layouts may vary

So do they have split bathrooms?

We are looking at going on the Fantasy in Feb 2014 and am trying to decide what category to book for our family of 4, (2 kids ages 11, 9) and we have been on the Magic twice and loved the split bathroom. Any reccomendations for the Fantasy?

I was thinking 8A, 9A, 9B, or maybe even a 7 and 6 depending on price.

thanks,
sandals99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:33 PM   #20
SKPatrick
Earning My Ears

Just got off a 7 day on Fantasy in a cat 8D on deck five. HUGE stateroom and split bathroom. Room 5166!
SKPatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:09 AM   #21
WanderlustNZ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandals99
i just read this description for the 8A category for the Fantasy from the Disney website:

Room ConfigurationQueen-size bed, single convertible sofa, wall pull-down bed (in most) or upper berth pull-down bed (in some), split bath with round tub and shower (in most). Stateroom layouts may vary

So do they have split bathrooms?

We are looking at going on the Fantasy in Feb 2014 and am trying to decide what category to book for our family of 4, (2 kids ages 11, 9) and we have been on the Magic twice and loved the split bathroom. Any reccomendations for the Fantasy?

I was thinking 8A, 9A, 9B, or maybe even a 7 and 6 depending on price.

thanks,
No, they don't have split bathrooms. And most (all?) of the 8As that sleep 4 are configured as handicapped-accessible and don't have a tub either. Some also have a large pole in the middle of the room.

There are four hard-to-get 8A 'mini-suites' on deck 5 which sleep 3 people, have a tub, two tvs and a dividing wall (no split bathroom though). I have one of these booked for my upcoming cruise and am really excited. But had none of these four 8A's been available, I think I would have opted for an 8B.

WanderlustNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:22 AM   #22
Bear3412
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandals99 View Post
i just read this description for the 8A category for the Fantasy from the Disney website ...
Unfortunately you can't believe every thing you read, especially on DCL.com.

There is several errors which for some reason they choose not to correct.

Here is the Cat 8a thread fwiw;
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2696288

See post #8 in this thread on the first page too.

HTH

Last edited by Bear3412; 03-01-2013 at 03:48 AM.
Bear3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:10 AM   #23
browerjs
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by su_A_ve View Post
If you do book an 8A you can request a DO NOT UPGRADE. But you should understand that 75% of the cabins are verandahs and many families with young kids book them. The sliding door is heavy to open and does have multiple lock mechanisms, young kids won't be able to open them, unless you have a 1yr old that already stole your screwdrive and figured out how to easily get out of the crib (Rugrats anyone?)

Of course, your piece of mind will dictate what you do...
Well we booked last night, and we decided to go ahead and just get a verandah, so we went from an 8A to a 5D. Can't wait (unfortunately we have 360+ days to go ), thanks for all help!
browerjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:33 AM   #24
sandals99
Earning My Ears

thank you for the replies. So it seems like an 8a is out of the question since we want the split bathroom. What you guys recommend a 9b or an 8b? the 8b is about $112 more, which is fine, it says the 9b's are on Deck 2, 204sq ft and the 8b's are on deck 9 with 241sq ft.

or is there something else i should look at?

thanks!
Old 03-05-2013, 01:08 PM   #25
sandals99
Earning My Ears

just booked an 8b, stateroom 9162 on the Fantasy for Feb 22/2014 sailing. I had two wait a couple of days to book and price went up by $250, darn.

I only found one review on that stateroom, anyone know where i can find further information, just want to make sure it is a good room, good location.

thanks!
Old 03-05-2013, 03:57 PM   #26
tweis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandals99 View Post
just booked an 8b, stateroom 9162 on the Fantasy for Feb 22/2014 sailing. I had two wait a couple of days to book and price went up by $250, darn.

I only found one review on that stateroom, anyone know where i can find further information, just want to make sure it is a good room, good location.

thanks!
I haven't tried an 8B yet, but I had an 8D (room 6676) on the Dream and it had the split bath and was great. On our upcoming Fantasy cruise, I currently have an 8C booked and according to what I read, it has a split bath also.

I guess you really aren't interested in this info since you already booked an
8B, but it may be helpful in the future.
tweis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 04:35 PM   #27
su_A_ve
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by browerjs View Post
Well we booked last night, and we decided to go ahead and just get a verandah, so we went from an 8A to a 5D. Can't wait (unfortunately we have 360+ days to go ), thanks for all help!
If you were fine with an 8A and no verandah, I would have left it at GTY and hope for an upgrade

But if you want a particular area and/or deck, then pick.
'13 (5n Wonder), '13 (POR Xmas), '13 (3n Magic Post Xmas), '14 (CSR SWW)

°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================
su_A_ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 04:30 PM   #28
dolly25
Earning My Ears

8A or 8B on the Fantasy.

I also can't decide on 8A or 8B. We are 3 couples, 6 adults...no kids. I love the 8A extra room and 2 portholes, but it appears that you not only give up the split bath but also lots of drawers, cabinets and shelves. the refrigerator seems to be part of the smaller desk in the 8A cabins. 8B has much larger desk, separate refrigerator...more storage areas. Help me decide!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by browerjs View Post
So I'm getting ready to book our first cruise on the Disney Fantasy, but am trying to decide which stateroom to book.

I'm currently looking at: 8A (two porthole deck 5/6), 8B(Deck 9), or 8C(Deck 7/8)

I've never been on any cruise, and am wondering if I'm better served getting a higher deck, or going with the two porthole (which I think my DS 3/5 would like).

Where on the fantasy will I have less noise, etc.

The price is all relatively the same (within $50)
dolly25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 05:59 AM   #29
EeyoreIsMyName
DIS Veteran

We were in an 8C on the Fantasy (I believe). It had a large porthole window with seating on deck 7 near the front of the boat. We avoided Deck 5 & 6 because of the kids club & other venues that could potentially be noisy. We loved the room. It had a queen bed, sleeper sofa and a murphy bed that came down by the porthole. So definitely sleeps 4. We enjoyed the large porthole window!

EeyoreIsMyName is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: