Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2013, 12:30 AM   #1
dzy76
It all started with two little girls in Disneyland 1976

Castaway Cabana

How hard would it be to get a private Cabana on the adult beach at Castaway Cay when we go next May? What advice is there to be able to get one before they sell out? This is our 30th anniversary and I would love to have one as a special treat for our time there. This is hubby's first cruise, my second. I really want it to be special for him.

Dzy76

dzy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 02:07 AM   #2
MAYNARDS99
DIS Veteran

May I suggest that you book a concierge level stateroom. I was able to request a Serenity Bay cabin three weeks prior to the 120 day mark.

Frequent cruisers and concierge level can book cabanas, and other reservable items, before the general public.

Concierge level can make their requests before anyone else, then Platinum (ten cruises or more), Gold (five to nine cruises), Silver (one to four cruises), then all others.

Yacht Club DEC13
Beach Club concierge (suite upgrade) JAN13
Coronado Springs OCT11 & SEP12
Hilton Bonnet Creek, Royal Pacific (suite upgrade) AsMU SEP10
SSR 1 Bedroom SEP09 (free dining and upgrade)
Wilderness Lodge/Royal Pacific (concierge upgrade) SEP08
Grand Californian DEC07 (theme park view upgrade)
Port Orleans Riverside Alligator Bayou SEP05
Contemporary (MK view Tower Club upgrade) NOV03
Ritz-Carlton NOV03
Portofino Bay Hotel Deluxe NOV01
Polynesian (concierge upgrade) NOV99
Wilderness Lodge Deluxe OCT98
Off Site - Disneyland Paris JUL93
Off Site - WDW JAN88
Contemporary MK view Tower JUL74
MAYNARDS99 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-08-2013, 02:46 AM   #3
Tifa
Mouseketeer

We went on our first DCL cruise in May for our honeymoon. All the cabanas were booked by the time we could book our excursions. When we docked at Castaway Cay we happened across the cabana guest service desk and asked if any were available. Lucky for us there were 4! So we lucked out just by asking We originally wanted the serenity bay cabana but the only available were the family ones. We were actually happier with the family ones away from the adult beach. When we were there the adult beach had tons of rocks and seaweed while the family beach was just white sand and clear water. We plan on getting a cabana again next time we cruise and will be sticking with the family area just to keep away from all the rocks! They hurt!

Tifa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 07:18 PM   #4
Luv2Diz
We love the Wonder and Magic of Disney cruising!

If the cabanas are all booked by the time your booking window opens (if you aren't concierge), then keep checking. Someone on our last cruise got a cabana a week before we sailed thanks to a cancellation.
DL 1969, DL 1971, DL 1972, DL 1996. WDW 1974 Offsite, 1977 Offsite, 1981 Offsite, 1985 Offsite, 1988Offsite, Sept. 2005 Shades of Green, Sept. 2008 SOG, Sept. 2009 POR, January 2010 POR, Sept. 2011 POR, Wonder Alaska 8/27/12, Magic W. Caribbean 12/1/12, Magic Bahamas 5/10/13, Disneyland April 2014
Luv2Diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 03:16 AM   #5
dzy76
It all started with two little girls in Disneyland 1976

I will try those tips. Although pretty sure I could never afford concierge!

Is the adult beach like that all the time? I wasn't really wanting to hang with all the kiddo's this trip.

What about umbrellas on the beach. I burn easy and like to have a little protection.

Dzy76

dzy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 06:17 AM   #6
Dug720
SQUIRREL!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzy76 View Post
I will try those tips. Although pretty sure I could never afford concierge!

Is the adult beach like that all the time? I wasn't really wanting to hang with all the kiddo's this trip.

What about umbrellas on the beach. I burn easy and like to have a little protection.
The adult beach was perfection when we were there at the beginning of July.

Maybe it was because we were halfway down, but I don't recall any rocks. And no more seaweed than one would normally encounter.

Lots of umbrellas and each had two loungers and two chairs. In terms of burning, I burn really easily too, but this trip I got Blue Lizard sunscreen and made sure to apply well and keep reapplying and had NO burn issues. I love that stuff!! (Just wish it came as a spray as I will be solo in Feb and can't reach all my back.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: