Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2013, 06:16 PM   #16
princesspwrhr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynne G View Post
We enjoyed riding late in the day. We were the only riders most of the time. It is not a hard ride. You can stop wherever you want along the way. As said above, you can get a drink of water at a stop, and there is also stops to take pictures of some things they placed next to the road. With a slower rate, I would say it took about 10 to 15 minutes to go around the loop. It is a one way around. And if you don't mind heights, the tower is fun to climb and we took some nice scenery pictures from the top.

We went at the end of August and I was glad to do at the end of the day, it was really hot!

We loved CC and would ride again. The have basic bikes in all sizes. My dd had no trouble finding one that fit her.
LOL Lynne - your "slow rate" is seriously booking it for us.

We spent about an hour on the loop with my 8 & 9 yo, and my teen said that the teen adventure took about that long biking also. But we did the WHOLE thing - out to the tower, down the air strip, past Serenity Bay and out back to the turn around, back past Serenity Bay, down the airstrip and turn in the bikes. We did stop and go up the Tower for a few minutes and stop and gaze at the scenery from the very back part past Serenity Bay for a few minutes, but I'm still going to say 40-45 minutes of riding.

As for bike sizes - We didn't find much variety. There is one size for men, one for women, one for children and then one with training wheels. My 9 yo had the hardest time fitting a bike. The 20in kids bikes had low seats and bars. Even with them raised her knees and long legs were in her nose. (Her 8yo sister who is only 4inches shorter had no problem) and she was just a smidge to short for the 24 in women's bikes. The seats do adjust but she was so uncomfortable because the bars were so low.

I hope these pics come through.

Here's a pic of my 9yo, who is 56inches tall with the bike. You can see how high she had to have the seat (it wouldn't go higher)

And here's my 52 inch 8 yo - again, you can see how much it had to be raised, but it's no where near as high as her sister. The bikes are "one size fits"

Sigh - it doesn't want to embed. Here's my pouty 9 yo http://www.flickr.com/photos/24686575@N04/9452750065/
and here's my 8 yo http://www.flickr.com/photos/2468657...n/photostream/
princesspwrhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 07:10 PM   #17
TheRatPack
Under penalty of law this tag not to be removed except by the tagfairy!

All my kiddos are now without training wheels so I hope they want to do a short ride on the trails .

TheRatPack is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-06-2013, 07:57 PM   #18
MissDaisyofTexas
DIS Veteran

My family of 5 rented bikes last summer on Castaway Cay. My husband picked a bike with a child seat on back for our 20-month-old. My younger son (age 4) used a bike with training wheels, and my 8-year-old had a regular kids bike. My 2 kids that rode their own bikes were tired after the tower loop.

We did a double-dip at Castaway Cay, so on our next visit just me and DH rented bikes with our 20-month-old on the back. We then had more time to ride both the tower loop and the ocean strip that goes on the back of Serenity Bay. It was beautiful and peaceful.
Old 08-08-2013, 07:55 AM   #19
Nini05
Earning My Ears

Bikes

Just basic, v
No sppeds. Our group enjoyed ages 5-40
Nini05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 08:01 AM   #20
princesspwrhr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nini05 View Post
Just basic, v
No sppeds. Our group enjoyed ages 5-40
And pedal brakes. No hand brakes. lol, that took a little but of getting used to.
princesspwrhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 08:34 AM   #21
jdemwe
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan29racing View Post
DW and I have always talked about riding the bikes. We are cruising in March with 8 month old twins so biking is out. Unless they rent the toddler trailers as well... Anybody know if they do???
They did not have trailers when we were there in March (we asked). We had 20 month old twins and my wife and I got the bikes with the child seat mounted on the back and we were great. With 8 month olds it would depend on the kids.

Our oldest daughter loved the bike with training wheels. The course is flat and pretty easy, but our daughter got tired relatively quick. It was a little hot and she made it to the tower, but did not really want to go on past that. It comes out to be a few miles and that can be a little much for the younger ones, especially if it is hot out.
jdemwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 12:27 PM   #22
lbatesetc
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdemwe View Post

They did not have trailers when we were there in March (we asked). We had 20 month old twins and my wife and I got the bikes with the child seat mounted on the back and we were great. With 8 month olds it would depend on the kids.

Our oldest daughter loved the bike with training wheels. The course is flat and pretty easy, but our daughter got tired relatively quick. It was a little hot and she made it to the tower, but did not really want to go on past that. It comes out to be a few miles and that can be a little much for the younger ones, especially if it is hot out.
Do they have adult tricycles?
lbatesetc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 12:02 AM   #23
supercrossfox21
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdemwe View Post

Does anyone know what the age limit or weight limit to put a child in one of those child mounted seats on the back of the bike?
supercrossfox21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: