Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 06:01 PM   #556
CaraMiaBelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by su_A_ve View Post
What's going on? A few days ago I got a PIN for room only reservations. And now I got a PIN for FD?

I think it's the first time that PINS have gone out AFTER a public offer is released. And note that this has a different set of dates:

For arrivals most nights 8/2510/2/13,
10/1810/31/13, 11/1111/23/13,
11/3012/4/13 and 12/1512/22/13.

Book by 8/14/13.

Offer is nontransferable, excludes campsites and 3-bedroom villas and is not valid at Disneys Art of Animation ResortThe Little Mermaid Standard Rooms.
I'm so glad I did not get one! After changing my dates and cancelling all my ADR's for the first week in December, I'd be pretty upset.
I've been trying at least 10 times a day for any evening at 'Ohana and can't get anything earlier than 9:40 for any day of my trip! I can be flexible my other preferences but I REALLY want to try 'Ohana!

April '88 with high school marching band Tokyo DL!
May '99 with sister's family, DW Dixie Landings (POR-R)
May '00 work trip DW Beach Club
May '01 work trip DL Grand Californian
May '02 work trip DW Boardwalk
May '03 work trip DW Yacht Club
May '04 work trip DW Beach Club

Nov '13 first family Disney vacation! DW POR-R/AoA Cars
Old 08-08-2013, 06:03 PM   #557
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjh73 View Post
I have a free dining pin, when I booked I was not able to get free dining for the whole stay and had to book room only for a few nights, I just playing around with the dates on-line and now I can get FD for the whole time. I have been waiting on hold for close to 30 mins, I am using my cell since I am at at the lake, if I book on line and then cancel my pervious booking what will happen to the deposit and first night I have already paid?
It will be refunded to the original form of payment. Good luck!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-08-2013, 06:13 PM   #558
kjh73
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
It will be refunded to the original form of payment. Good luck!
Thanks!! I would be happy to even have it go towards the trip I book on-line...I just want to book the FD for the whole trip but being I am at the lake calling on my cell from Canada I would rather book on line then cancel the first trip when I get home. I just want to make sure I am not out the deposit or first night that are on my Visa.
Old 08-08-2013, 06:14 PM   #559
kjh73
Mouseketeer

Have people been having big wait times today on the phone?
Old 08-08-2013, 06:16 PM   #560
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookgirl
Paid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Done, no more to finese, don't need to pay/reserve/cancel.

Gotta quit obsessing about Oct Planning. (well and now Jan planning as well )

I leave for Seattle/Alaska in 23 days. Gotta Focus!

Packing lists, Day in Seattle plans, order water/carry on water, add more excursions/no more excursions, Alaska's weird weather this year, warm weather/cold weather/rain so pack shorts/capris/jeans, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

However everytime I start I think "oh that reminds me I gotta do.....for Disney.
I would love to do an alaska trip. Have fun!!! Is this the trip with your dad?
Old 08-08-2013, 06:25 PM   #561
scard192
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sladphie View Post
Just call the dining line and they can switch it.
I am holding off. I made CRT ADR in April before I got the FD PIN so I paid in full. I've read on the Restaurant board that if the CM doesn't do this transaction correctly, you might lose the ADR. I am just going to wait until our trip to get the refund, I don't want to chance losing that ADR.
Old 08-08-2013, 06:26 PM   #562
scard192
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post
These pins are crazy....going out after a public offer. No rhyme or reason. Oh well.
and book by 8/14; 6 days. Hurry! LOL
Old 08-08-2013, 06:31 PM   #563
Fivemuggles
Mouseketeer

I am so jealous of you guys who know your number of days until you leave haha! I have a crazy 1900 park fare reservation that I cancelled like 2 months ago when we moved our dates back that refuses to get out of MDE- it more than a month before our actual trip so it's messing up my countdown thing! I called and they told me there was nothing they can do until it expires. Boooo! I think I'm like 85 days out? Lol - oct 26!
Old 08-08-2013, 06:36 PM   #564
Dsnyless in Seattle
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laketravis

I wouldn't give up hope quite yet - she could easily grow another 1/2 inch in the next three months, and most children's shoes will add an inch.

One year, we made a "Disney Stick" for our son with the top bar at 40" - a one by two from Home Depot with the top bar screwed at the 40" mark so it looked like an upside down L

Every morning, he would practice standing up straight trying to get the top of his head to hit the stick.

By the time we got to DW, he could do what the CM's called a "Head Butt" - the top of his head would just touch the measure bar and they'd let him thru.
Yes, I've got a little one at about 39" barefoot right now, too, but to remedy this problem we're going to do what we've done with my other kids in the past.... wear cowboy boots or thicker healed tennis shoes, like Sketchers. At times even just wearing a baseball cap puffed up a
bit was enough to meet the mark if they weren't too picky. Good luck!
Old 08-08-2013, 06:39 PM   #565
babydoll65
please stand clear of the doors, por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas

I have a question. I'm doing a room only reservation on 11/10 then switching to POR on the 11th. Will I get double the Mickey mail. It's been a couple of years since the last time I went and I remember getting my luggage tags and some kind of coupon book. I'm not sure if the room only reservation does not qualify for that book since its not a pkg.

77,79,88 OS-89,92 FW-96 ASMo-05,07,09,11 POP-13 POFQ/POR-2015 POP

Dad-Mom-Son
Old 08-08-2013, 06:52 PM   #566
hippsmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by su_A_ve View Post
What's going on? A few days ago I got a PIN for room only reservations. And now I got a PIN for FD?

I think it's the first time that PINS have gone out AFTER a public offer is released. And note that this has a different set of dates:

For arrivals most nights 8/2510/2/13,
10/1810/31/13, 11/1111/23/13,
11/3012/4/13 and 12/1512/22/13.

Book by 8/14/13.

Offer is nontransferable, excludes campsites and 3-bedroom villas and is not valid at Disneys Art of Animation ResortThe Little Mermaid Standard Rooms.

That would be sweet if they had availability at POFQ, that's where I really want to stay.
Old 08-08-2013, 07:29 PM   #567
lizaisabel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjh73 View Post
I have a free dining pin, when I booked I was not able to get free dining for the whole stay and had to book room only for a few nights, I just playing around with the dates on-line and now I can get FD for the whole time. I have been waiting on hold for close to 30 mins, I am using my cell since I am at at the lake, if I book on line and then cancel my pervious booking what will happen to the deposit and first night I have already paid?
You can ask them to move the deposit to the new reservation.
Old 08-08-2013, 07:33 PM   #568
Coconuts
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraMiaBelle View Post
I'm so glad I did not get one! After changing my dates and cancelling all my ADR's for the first week in December, I'd be pretty upset.
I've been trying at least 10 times a day for any evening at 'Ohana and can't get anything earlier than 9:40 for any day of my trip! I can be flexible my other preferences but I REALLY want to try 'Ohana!
I hear you. Ohana is one of our few must-do's and a few weeks ago before we booked, but I was pretty sure we would, I snagged an ADR for 8pm. This is later than we ever eat and I'm really afraid that my 5yo won't make it. I have been hawking the website and can't find anything earlier. In fact I really can't find many ADR's that I want. I've been there for FD the same week two other times and I don't ever remember having such a hard time getting ADR's.
Old 08-08-2013, 07:46 PM   #569
Nechville
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippsmom View Post
That would be sweet if they had availability at POFQ, that's where I really want to stay.
I had the same thought!
Old 08-08-2013, 07:51 PM   #570
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizaisabel View Post
You can ask them to move the deposit to the new reservation.
That will not work in this case. Room only reservations and package reservations are on two different booking systems. Money cannot be transferred between the two systems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babydoll65 View Post
I have a question. I'm doing a room only reservation on 11/10 then switching to POR on the 11th. Will I get double the Mickey mail. It's been a couple of years since the last time I went and I remember getting my luggage tags and some kind of coupon book. I'm not sure if the room only reservation does not qualify for that book since its not a pkg.
Mickey mail is just with packages.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: