Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 08:10 AM   #2341
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Katherine View Post
Fastpass+ is working perfectly we have had no problems so far! Today we are off to AK to try them out again!

Katie
Have fun at AK today. Thanks for all of your updates .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 08-08-2013, 10:38 AM   #2342
harleyquinn
Wishes she could take photos of the castle as well as the photos DALE (of Chip & Dale) takes.
I wanted to regale you all with tales of my DH's saggy greyies

[QUOTE=mickeyplanner;49212636]
Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyquinn View Post

Please tell your little princess THANK YOU for being part of the test. I am getting excited for you to be leaving in a few more days and can't wait to hear how it all works out.
Will do!

Quote:
Happy to help! If you have any burning questions or want pictures of something I will try to answer them! Tonight we are off to the Dessert Party and to try our MagicBands. So far I am in love!

Katie
Do you have any for parades or fireworks this weekend?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-08-2013, 01:19 PM   #2343
HiMagicFan
DIS Veteran

Thanks Dansdad - appreciate the information. (Love that you are home to Stanley!! exciting)

Glad to hear that things are going well Katie!

The magic band is connected to the MDE, right? I am still having problems with MDE and sure hope they have the bugs fixed for my next trip back.

I am guessing since I will be staying at CR for only one night I won't be on the test as we are only going to one park but for next time.....!

Have a great time at AK and appreciate your real time sharing.
Old 08-08-2013, 01:30 PM   #2344
Princess Katherine
The Yeti's Girlfriend

We didn't get Fastpass+ for any parades or fireworks. What's the point?!

AK went well today. Happy we didn't go yesterday when everything was down but it made things go a lot slower. The MagicBands are working perfectly at CR now. But it took me three tries to get my MagicBand to work at AK turnstiles this morning. They worked fine for the Fastpass+ reservations we had.

Resting for a bit in the room then we will head to MK for a waffle and some shopping! Then we will watch the Water Pageant from the balcony.

Katie
Old 08-08-2013, 01:42 PM   #2345
mrskirk
Earning My Ears

Hi! We are staying at the CR in a TPV room. We are so excited. Will be there from 10/27-11/1. I had some issues with MDE online and had to call WDW the other day. While I was on the phone, I asked the CM about room requests. I told her that I had not made any and wasn't sure how to/when to. She told me that I could make them over the phone with her. I told her all I really wanted was to make sure our room had a fridge. We have two toddlers and definitely need one to keep milk, juices in. She told me that all rooms have fridges, so we didn't have to request that. I played dumb and just said ok even though I've seen multiple people post about issues with the fridges on disboards. I don't know the whole story on the fridge issue or where they are supposed to be or not be anymore. Was the CM misinforming me? I also wanted to request a higher floor. How can I make room requests? Thanks to whoever takes the time to read and respond
Old 08-08-2013, 04:23 PM   #2346
blo2002
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskirk View Post
Hi! We are staying at the CR in a TPV room. We are so excited. Will be there from 10/27-11/1. I had some issues with MDE online and had to call WDW the other day. While I was on the phone, I asked the CM about room requests. I told her that I had not made any and wasn't sure how to/when to. She told me that I could make them over the phone with her. I told her all I really wanted was to make sure our room had a fridge. We have two toddlers and definitely need one to keep milk, juices in. She told me that all rooms have fridges, so we didn't have to request that. I played dumb and just said ok even though I've seen multiple people post about issues with the fridges on disboards. I don't know the whole story on the fridge issue or where they are supposed to be or not be anymore. Was the CM misinforming me? I also wanted to request a higher floor. How can I make room requests? Thanks to whoever takes the time to read and respond

I'm not sure about the fridge situation but the CM told me that I shouldn't have anything to worry about that the Deluxe hotels are almost completed with the change out. We are staying 10/30 to 11/4 in a BLV. I called on the phone and requested 11th floor opposite end from Chef Mickey's or another quite area. I received my PIF invoice today and my request is stated on the invoice as an option 1(preferred) and option 2. The CM told me that is a perfect request for toddlers.
Old 08-08-2013, 05:34 PM   #2347
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskirk View Post
I am not sure about the fridge, but it seems like the the tower room all have fridges and it was only the garden wing that had replacement issues.

As far as a request, we always call and request a high floor away from Chef Mickey. It never shows on our invoices but I have always confirmed it shows in the system.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 08-08-2013, 07:40 PM   #2348
Princess Katherine
The Yeti's Girlfriend

MagicBands worked well for purchasing things. All you have to do hold your band to the thingy and press in the code you get to choose at checkin.

Katie
Old 08-09-2013, 06:59 AM   #2349
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
Beautiful pic....thanks for posting . Also thanks for the update on CA Grill. We've never eaten there, but we are considering it for one of our nights when we are at the CR in December.
No consideration should be necessary. once it comes open, I would definitely book it. It'll be different, but the old one was definitely worth a try. We had a couple of so-so meals there, but we also had a few "best dinner of the whole trip" meals there as well.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 08-09-2013, 07:07 AM   #2350
Happyjen27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
MagicBands worked well for purchasing things. All you have to do hold your band to the thingy and press in the code you get to choose at checkin.

Katie
Loving these real time updates Katie!! Thank you for sharing your trip with us.

Dec 2012: Polynesian, my first trip
Dec 2013: Contemporary
2014: 2 Non-Disney trips planned, going to wait and see how this whole FP+ thing shakes out.
Old 08-09-2013, 07:44 AM   #2351
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
No consideration should be necessary. once it comes open, I would definitely book it. It'll be different, but the old one was definitely worth a try. We had a couple of so-so meals there, but we also had a few "best dinner of the whole trip" meals there as well.
My only problem is we are taking a cruise with 2 nights WDW before and 2 nights after, so we can only do a total of 4 dinner ADRs, when we usually do 8 . However, I am keeping an eye open for when reservations do open up so I'm ready should there be an opening for any of our days. I have wanted to try CA Grill but always put it off to try something else.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 08-09-2013, 07:51 AM   #2352
Princess Katherine
The Yeti's Girlfriend

Today we will be off to HS! Check back in later!

Katie
Old 08-09-2013, 07:54 AM   #2353
MrsBlovesDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Today we will be off to HS! Check back in later!

Katie
Have FUN!!!

Fell in love with the Mouse on our Honeymoon in 1992...been going ever since!

Last trip: March 2014 BLT 1 BDRM TPV
Next trip: Nov 2014 BLT adult only
Then: April 2015 BLT 1 BDRM TPV
Old 08-09-2013, 10:29 AM   #2354
WisconsinDad
Mouseketeer

Just wanted to post to see my ticker in single digits!

Looking forward to our first stay at CR and first time experiencing MM+!
Old 08-09-2013, 12:29 PM   #2355
harleyquinn
Wishes she could take photos of the castle as well as the photos DALE (of Chip & Dale) takes.
I wanted to regale you all with tales of my DH's saggy greyies

Quote:
We didn't get Fastpass+ for any parades or fireworks. What's the point?!

Katie
It makes sense for my family as we can walk up late and enjoy a perfect spot instead of fighting with other people well in advance. Plus I want to watch Wishes from the Rose Garden!!

Alright everyone, I will be at CR with my MB on Tuesday, so please send me any questions you may have or picture requests, or whatever!

I will likely come on and give you live updates.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: