Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2013, 06:49 AM   #1
Vent417
Earning My Ears

Stroller advice

My family and I are doing a 4 night cruise on the Dream followed by 5 nights in WDW in October. My sons will be 3yo and 9mos at the time of the trip. We are planning on bringing our City Mini Double with us for the park portion of the trip. I know that stroller isn't going to work on the ship. So my questions are.

Should I bring an umbrella stoller for my little guy( I think the older guy will be okay without one on the ship)?

Do they have strollers to rent on the ship?

I plan on storing the double in our cabin and only using it when we get off the ship in Nassau, in CC we'll just walk or use one of the strollers available.
Vent417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 08:38 AM   #2
Nini05
Earning My Ears

Stroller

Rec small one for cruise. Just too crowded on elevators, etc
Nini05 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-08-2013, 09:13 AM   #3
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

Take a stroller your child will be comfortable in. A comfy kid is a happy kid. You may also find that your child is asleep when it's time for dinner. Putting them in the stroller is easy. Just pull it up to the table [the server will take the chair or highchair away to make room] and let your child sleep. You may find that your 3 yo needs a stroller for this reason also. The kids were 3 & 5 our first cruise and both of them were sleeping a couple times just before dinner. We changed them [while still sleeping] and put them in the stroller. One cruise DH got a stroller from GS so that we had a second one for DS. One of my favorite pics from our first cruise is DS passed out with his head on the table wearing his suit on formal night. The strollers are available onboard for a deposit, that is refunded when you return it. They are nice strollers that recline and have big wheels that are easier to push on grass/dirt in ports. They also have a big basket under the seat. As far as elevators, avoid the midship ones. We learned quickly that if you want to go up and the only elevators that are open are going down -- get on! It won't be long before they are going the direction you want to go and you will be on the next full elevator when the doors open and everyone is still waiting to just go up. It works the same in reverse. We still use this philosophy on the ships and the kids are long past stroller stage. Amazing how many people refuse to get on an elevator going the wrong direction.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W DD w/ CM 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV W w/ CM 3/31/2012, E w/ SJ 3/23/2013

DCL 2016 Opening Day Pricing Thread Pt 1: January - April
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 12:17 PM   #4
castlegazer
Soccer Mom - no really, I am a Mom and I play soccer
Tries to be naughty, but always fails
Thinks Buzz (or Woody?) is sexy.
Official Tag Fairy Translator

we had a combi double that folded up just fine for storage into the closet in the cabin. I used a sling most of the time on and off the ship, but that stroller was a life saver in the parks and way better than the park rentals.

The rentals on the ship go fast, but are nicer than park rentals.

07/13/12 - 07/15/12 2SN NYC Disney Magic cabin 2012 ~ ~ 04/17/11 - 04/21/11 4S Port Canaveral, Florida Disney Dream cabin 5650 ~~ 04/18/09 - 04/25/09 7-Night Caribbean Cruise Port Canaveral, Florida Disney Magic cabin 7586 ~~ 04/29/06 - 05/06/06 7-Night Caribbean Cruise Port Canaveral, Florida Disney Magic cabin 6608

castlegazer is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: