Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 06:55 AM   #2326
crazy4wdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Katherine View Post
We do not have an TPV. But you cannot hear the noise outside the club level while you are next to the window. You can hear it on the balcony.
Thanks! Maybe most of the construction will be completed by the time my trip rolls around in October.

Old 08-07-2013, 09:35 AM   #2327
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

Thanks for testing it out for us. Keep me posted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyquinn View Post
I've been wearing it all day at work and it really isn't bugging me at all. It was at first, but I think it's because I was focused on it.

DD just turned 4. Right now it's sized so that she can slip it on and off (she just did it this afternoon when I put mine on.) I'm not sure if she can pull it off herself if I make it tighter, but I think she can. I will have her test it for you!

I hope things get better!
Quote:
UPDATE: We are now in the room. Eveything is clean and pretty. No fridge. Magicbands worked on the doors. Super cool. Everyone is sleeping off the jet lag since we all woke up at 2 AM
I can't wait to hear more about your trip and the magicbands. I hope everyone sleeps off the grumpies.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-07-2013, 10:05 AM   #2328
harleyquinn
Wishes she could take photos of the castle as well as the photos DALE (of Chip & Dale) takes.
I wanted to regale you all with tales of my DH's saggy greyies

[QUOTE=mickeyplanner;49209397]Thanks for testing it out for us. Keep me posted.

So I asked DD to test (she thought she was super cool being so helpful! lol)

She can easily take it off herself, either by opening the band or sliding it off her wrist (even when it was as tight as I was comfortable with).

I did have a thought. They sell little sleeves for the bands that might at least prevent them from pulling the band apart, but it would likely make it easier to slip off.

They do not have to wear it all the time though. For now at least, you can still use your KTTW card instead. Or I plan on carrying it wrapped on the strap of my bag when she's not entering the park or a FP+ ride.

6 more sleeps!
Old 08-07-2013, 01:29 PM   #2329
harleyquinn
Wishes she could take photos of the castle as well as the photos DALE (of Chip & Dale) takes.
I wanted to regale you all with tales of my DH's saggy greyies

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolPool View Post
It's not a food court. It gets crazy crowded and empties all in about 3 minutes. You order your food, they hand you a piece of paper with your order, you go pay for it then they hand you a pager and suggest you go find a table if you are eating in. When your pager explodes, you go get your stuff. It's the cheapest and quickest way to get Mickey waffles (use the vegetarian option and you are not stuck paying for the extra meat products.)
Thanks!
Old 08-07-2013, 01:43 PM   #2330
HiMagicFan
DIS Veteran

Posted this on another thread but got no response and thought maybe it was on the wrong one....maybe you all can help....

My first experience with CL will be this September.

We will be staying at CR and taking the DME to the resort. Our flight gets in at 5:40 am at MCO.

How long will it be to get to CR and should I expect someone to meet the bus or should I just proceed to the check in?

Also I have three reservations linked (we stay one night at CR and then go on DCL before returning to WDW and staying at another resort) but only want to check in online for our CR. Is this possible?

Also if we are taking the DCL transportation but need to check out do they do automatic check out and if the transportation comes after we are required to check out can we still use the lounge to wait?

I have tried to read for these answers through the thread but think I missed it, so I appreciate your responses.
Old 08-07-2013, 01:43 PM   #2331
KathieSmallwood
Mouseketeer

kathies

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4wdw View Post
Thanks! Maybe most of the construction will be completed by the time my trip rolls around in October.
What construction are you talking about? Lost.
Old 08-07-2013, 02:18 PM   #2332
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=harleyquinn;49209779]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyplanner View Post
Thanks for testing it out for us. Keep me posted.

So I asked DD to test (she thought she was super cool being so helpful! lol)

She can easily take it off herself, either by opening the band or sliding it off her wrist (even when it was as tight as I was comfortable with).

I did have a thought. They sell little sleeves for the bands that might at least prevent them from pulling the band apart, but it would likely make it easier to slip off.

They do not have to wear it all the time though. For now at least, you can still use your KTTW card instead. Or I plan on carrying it wrapped on the strap of my bag when she's not entering the park or a FP+ ride.

6 more sleeps!
Please tell your little princess THANK YOU for being part of the test. I am getting excited for you to be leaving in a few more days and can't wait to hear how it all works out.

Old 08-07-2013, 02:29 PM   #2333
Princess Katherine
The Yeti's Girlfriend

Our MagicBand worked at the turnstiles today and I can confirm it is waterproof.

Katie
Old 08-07-2013, 02:38 PM   #2334
HiMagicFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Our MagicBand worked at the turnstiles today and I can confirm it is waterproof.

Katie
Thanks for keeping us posted! I was sceptical about this but am interested in your experiences....
Old 08-07-2013, 02:56 PM   #2335
Princess Katherine
The Yeti's Girlfriend

Happy to help! If you have any burning questions or want pictures of something I will try to answer them! Tonight we are off to the Dessert Party and to try our MagicBands. So far I am in love!

Katie
Old 08-07-2013, 02:58 PM   #2336
EveClark
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessap View Post
What are your dates?? I called the day rates were released and there has been nothing available since then, we are planning last week of September. I am hoping to book a villa at the GF but if that doesnt work out we are booking CR just in case or maybe doing split stay between the villa and CR.

I am thinking maybe I should book soon just in case, but I hear you about price....60 bucks per night is a lot for a week!

I am thinking maybe it is a conference or something
Sorry so late with the reply -
our dates are 9/14/14 - 9/20/14
I'm hoping as it gets closer or other promotions are released (as others have mentioned) that something will open up.

Thanks to all of you who have commented on this... I'll let you know what happens!
Old 08-07-2013, 04:31 PM   #2337
crazy4wdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieSmallwood View Post
What construction are you talking about? Lost.
The Magic Kingdom bus depot is being expanded so it can handle larger buses. The expansion is located just across the street from the Contemporary. It started sometimes in April, not sure what the timeline is on its completion.

There are some updated photos over on wdwmagic: http://www.wdwmagic.com/transportati...ion-update.htm

Old 08-07-2013, 04:38 PM   #2338
KathieSmallwood
Mouseketeer

kathies

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4wdw View Post
The Magic Kingdom bus depot is being expanded so it can handle larger buses. The expansion is located just across the street from the Contemporary. It started sometimes in April, not sure what the timeline is on its completion.

There are some updated photos over on wdwmagic: http://www.wdwmagic.com/transportati...ion-update.htm
Oh okay. Thank you
Old 08-08-2013, 07:31 AM   #2339
Princess Katherine
The Yeti's Girlfriend

Fastpass+ is working perfectly we have had no problems so far! Today we are off to AK to try them out again!

Katie
Old 08-08-2013, 07:49 AM   #2340
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiMagicFan View Post
How long will it be to get to CR and should I expect someone to meet the bus or should I just proceed to the check in?
It depends on how long you have to wait for the ME bus to fill up. But we are usually pulling up to our resort about an hour after we land. I believe CL check-in starts at 7AM. If you arrive at CR before 7, you may have to go to the regular check-in. Maybe someone else can chime in who has experience checking into CL that early.

Quote:
Also I have three reservations linked (we stay one night at CR and then go on DCL before returning to WDW and staying at another resort) but only want to check in online for our CR. Is this possible?
Yes, you can do online check-in for your CR stay only.

Quote:
Also if we are taking the DCL transportation but need to check out do they do automatic check out and if the transportation comes after we are required to check out can we still use the lounge to wait?
You will automatically be checked out and a receipt will be emailed to you. You have access to the lounge, and all resort facilities, up until 11:59PM on the day you check out.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: