Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-06-2013, 09:42 AM   #1756
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,725

I then went back to my chair and pulled out the kindle for a while.



OKÖI did still take random pictures.







Time flew by and after a short swim it was time to head back to the room to get changed and ready for our ADR.

This is so sad. So much of the greenery was turning brown.





I wonder if it came back to life or if they had to replant the whole area?

HmmmmÖ.Rafaki was getting some butt surgery.



Claire thought this was hilariousÖ..I might have snickered a bit too.









More brown leaves.



Claire had to take a run through the cave.







I donít know if there is any hope for these plants.



Once back to the room we cleaned up and got dressed and our bag packed for the evening. Big happenings tonight baby!!!!


And then we headed off to the bus stop once again.











Come on you dang bus!!!!!

jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 12:36 PM   #1757
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting
 
JKSWonder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 1,745

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post

Come on you dang bus!!!!!

This will be our battle cry in exactly 20 days. We do NOT have good bus luck at all!
__________________
JKSWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-06-2013, 04:00 PM   #1758
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,725

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
This will be our battle cry in exactly 20 days. We do NOT have good bus luck at all!
I usually do, but not that trip!
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 05:43 PM   #1759
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase
 
dolphingirl47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 28,071

I love the photos and actually really like the resort. Graham toured it in November and hated it, but I could imagine staying there. What a shame about the bees though. This would freak me out.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 06:05 PM   #1760
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,725

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
I love the photos and actually really like the resort. Graham toured it in November and hated it, but I could imagine staying there. What a shame about the bees though. This would freak me out.

Corinna
It is a really fun place to stay.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 08:07 PM   #1761
ronnmel
DIS Veteran
 
ronnmel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: QC, Canada
Posts: 3,721

Oh man! Thanks for the warning about the bee magnet. I am terrified of bees! I remember seeing the same thing at Typhoon Lagoon. I'll be staying away from that refillable station for sure! I'll just take the extra steps and go to the food court instead.

I seriously do not remember if I saw any brown leaves when I went in January. I think I was just not paying attention at all, and was way too busy focusing on all the props instead.
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 08:37 PM   #1762
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,725

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
Oh man! Thanks for the warning about the bee magnet. I am terrified of bees! I remember seeing the same thing at Typhoon Lagoon. I'll be staying away from that refillable station for sure! I'll just take the extra steps and go to the food court instead.

I seriously do not remember if I saw any brown leaves when I went in January. I think I was just not paying attention at all, and was way too busy focusing on all the props instead.
Yeah, I am not afraid, but I don't want to be stung either and with so many people with bee allergies you would think they would get on top of that right away.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 09:20 AM   #1763
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran
 
mom2rtk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 30,497

Time to catch up over here now too!

I'm jealous you got to swim in the Big Blue Pool. We stayed there TEN nights and never did!

And I totally see McD's fries every time I see that pool too. McDonald's should totally put in a fry cart out there. I'd be all over it!

I'm really shocked they haven't put a refill station out by the LM pool yet. I think that would be a huge give-back for those rooms being so far out there.

I can't believe those plants looked so bad in November! It's not like they were suffering in the FL summer heat or anything. I do recall a lot of the plants down in the LM section seemed to be in bad shape, but I just assumed too many people had been walking over them to get to their rooms. With what you saw in the rest of the resort, it seems like there was more to it than that.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 09:50 AM   #1764
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,725

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Time to catch up over here now too!

I'm jealous you got to swim in the Big Blue Pool. We stayed there TEN nights and never did!

And I totally see McD's fries every time I see that pool too. McDonald's should totally put in a fry cart out there. I'd be all over it!

I'm really shocked they haven't put a refill station out by the LM pool yet. I think that would be a huge give-back for those rooms being so far out there.

I can't believe those plants looked so bad in November! It's not like they were suffering in the FL summer heat or anything. I do recall a lot of the plants down in the LM section seemed to be in bad shape, but I just assumed too many people had been walking over them to get to their rooms. With what you saw in the rest of the resort, it seems like there was more to it than that.
I was wondering if they were overwatering. Sometimes that will do it. It was just weird.

A refill station in the LM station would actually make me consider staying there again
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 12:38 PM   #1765
Woth2982
DIS Veteran
 
Woth2982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 1,085

Enjoying all the AOA photos! I keep looking for myself in the backgrounds! I was nosing around AOA on the 12th (my last day), since I had an awkward flight time. I never went out to the LM rooms though. Looking more and more like my November trip this year is gonna be a solo endeavor, so maybe I will check it out then! I think the soda machine at the pool is a great idea!
Woth2982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 12:49 PM   #1766
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 40,716

Jen, I know I've not posted in a few days, but we've had some family issue arise that has been taking a lot of my time. I'm all caught up on your updates and loving them as always. The pictures around AoA are absolutely wonderful.
__________________
KatMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 01:17 PM   #1767
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner
 
Caretames1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Central Wisconsin
Posts: 3,351

Kadence swam twice, she was a little mad it wasn't more.

Ugh Bees! I am allergic, so I definitely would have run the other way.

So, where you going? Once you get on the bus that is!


Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
A refill station in the LM station would actually make me consider staying there again
That would be awesome! John spent most nights walking back to the food court so he could get something to drink. He's not a water person.
__________________
2014, A Disney Free Year
IN PROGRESS: SURPRISE...You forgot WHAT!?!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3022868
SURPRISE! Can we do it again? Nov 2012 PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8#post44413308
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Caretames1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 02:03 PM   #1768
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran
 
mickeystoontown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bayou Country, La.
Posts: 25,964

Nice pictures around Big Blue! It's funny that you mentioned the bees there by the drink station. I read a report a while back where they were complaining about the bees at either the Beach Club or Boardwalk. I can't remember. I'm not afraid of bees at all but my kids freak the heck out when they see one.

You're not the only one who giggled about Rafiki's butt surgery. I laughed too. Poor thing had his entire behind wrapped up.
__________________

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226


mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 09:05 PM   #1769
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,725

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woth2982 View Post
Enjoying all the AOA photos! I keep looking for myself in the backgrounds! I was nosing around AOA on the 12th (my last day), since I had an awkward flight time. I never went out to the LM rooms though. Looking more and more like my November trip this year is gonna be a solo endeavor, so maybe I will check it out then! I think the soda machine at the pool is a great idea!
That would be so funny if we had been next to each other and didn't even realize it.
Solo is never a bad thing. Sure it's fun with friends too, but solo is fun as well. I think when Claire is older...like out of highschool, I'll probably take more solo trips as I doubt Skip will want to go that much and I will have nothing to make me stay home.....well besides him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Jen, I know I've not posted in a few days, but we've had some family issue arise that has been taking a lot of my time. I'm all caught up on your updates and loving them as always. The pictures around AoA are absolutely wonderful.
Thats ok Kathy. Take your time with your family. I have been going darn slow too. So much going on here with work and life I had to take a break too.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 10:28 PM   #1770
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,725

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
Kadence swam twice, she was a little mad it wasn't more.

Ugh Bees! I am allergic, so I definitely would have run the other way.

So, where you going? Once you get on the bus that is!




That would be awesome! John spent most nights walking back to the food court so he could get something to drink. He's not a water person.
So the bess weren't there when you guys were there, or did you just never use that station? I only used it the one time I think.
Let's jsut say we had TWO castles to eat at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Nice pictures around Big Blue! It's funny that you mentioned the bees there by the drink station. I read a report a while back where they were complaining about the bees at either the Beach Club or Boardwalk. I can't remember. I'm not afraid of bees at all but my kids freak the heck out when they see one.

You're not the only one who giggled about Rafiki's butt surgery. I laughed too. Poor thing had his entire behind wrapped up.
The butt surgery was funny and we inspected him later and nothing really looked different that we could tell. if my butt is getting wrapped up,I want a few inches off!
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:16 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: