Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2013, 01:11 PM   #1
ibcrazie4dizney
Mouseketeer

ease of car return/transfer

we are staying off prop, so we will be returning our car rental to mco. we have reservations already for dcl transfer. how confusing is it to return car and find the cruise bus area? are we going to have to hike cross country? we will be loaded down. usually when we return car, there are skycaps there to help with luggage to ticketing area. will they help us to get to bus also? or is there atleast a cart rental near car return?
Old 08-07-2013, 01:47 PM   #2
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

Personally, I would think it's easier (and less expensive!) to return the rental car at the port, rather than drive it back to MCO and then take DCL transfers. Even if your rental agencies charges a drop-off fee (some do, some don't, some seem to change whether they do or not), that fee is probably less than the cost of DCL transfers unless there's only a couple of you.

However, if you do choose to go to MCO, I'm sure either the skycaps can help you get a cart or there will be some nearby. You'll likely have to push it to the DCL transfers, though.

Enjoy your cruise!
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-07-2013, 02:15 PM   #3
Weedy
DIS Veteran

I agree to return the car at the port. But if you want to take the Disney transfers I suggest dropping the luggage and your family at the Disney buses and then return the car. The airport is large but it is easy to drive around without exiting the airport.
Weedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 07:38 PM   #4
ibcrazie4dizney
Mouseketeer

we have already booked the transfers. we decided to do it because it is just me, dd, dgd. not only would I have been a nervous wreck driving myself(I get stressed easy and especially without being familiar with where I am going and what we are supposed to do once we get there) but we all wanted to have the added excitement of riding the buses. I am sure if we ever cruise again, we will be open to the idea of a different way of getting there, and we will know what to do.

I just wasn't sure if it was a major haul from rental return to bus. I think we will all be staying together instead of me dropping them off. was just trying to prepare myself if it was long or be relieved to know ahead of time it is easy.
Old 08-07-2013, 07:48 PM   #5
lizabu
DIS Veteran

Not trying to hijack but on the same subject can you drop the rental off at port and then after the cruise take DCL transportation to the airport? I'm not sure if one way is ok.
lizabu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 08:37 PM   #6
ibcrazie4dizney
Mouseketeer

we are definitely riding buses both ways. we have always seen the buses and dreamed one day we would be on them too. plus we have heard they play little videos and get you hyped up. we are so looking forward to all that. I am nervous to drive there when I don't know what I am in for, if that makes sense. once I see how it works, then next time I may choose to drive. I am afraid of the unknown maybe. we love the little details and want to see it all. just want to know what to expect.

we always fly in and rent a car, so we know where to go and see the dcl buses there. I am fine returning the car to mco. but what I cant figure out is where I am when I return in connection to where I have to get to. tried looking on airport map, but just didn't figure it out.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: